Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2019, 06:21 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,756,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You -- and other posters -- seem really surprised that sex makes babies. Like, shocked, that it happens.

So I feel like it needs to be pointed out.

That yes if you choose to have sex? You may get pregnant. You are taking that responsibility on when you choose to have sex.

It shouldn't be a surprise.
So what? Every time someone gets into a car they could potentially be involved in an accident. Do you think they should just have to be injured and be denied the option of medical care, since they took on the responsibility of choosing to get in a car knowing an accident is possible?

In this day and age no one should have to give birth if they don't want to. You don't have the right to decide that for anyone.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Yes it is. Absolutely. 100%.

It's biology. You invited the baby in when you decided to have sex. You fully understand where the baby "lives." It lives in its mom. Again, biology. Don't want a baby? Don't have sex. Again, BIOLOGY.

And if you still don't understand that sex makes babies, I see no reason to engage you further. It's dishonest as you do not understand basic biological facts and are arguing scenarios that are not applicable. /shrug/ Can't help you if you remain ignorant. That's your choice.

Simply stunning that I have to keep repeating: Sex makes babies.
ROFLMAO!

So people who get sick, they "invited in" the pathogens, since that is biologically how that works. They don't get medical treatment anymore for infections right.

I mean if you don't want an infection, don't do any of the things that allows viruses and bacteria to have access to you.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:26 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,655,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It depends. An egg is a living cell. A sperm is a living cell. when they join they make a living cell which divides.

When does a living cell become a person?

The right to life doesn't mean the right to have someone else keep you alive. I can not force you to donate bone marrow to keep me alive.
Why am I forced to work extra to keep others alive?

I could work less if I wasn't forces to pay taxes that go to welfare programs.

I hope you are consistent and say I should not be forced to work more to care for others.

Are you?

Old 05-21-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
"Not easy" and "punishment" are two different things.
Forcibly using someone's body against their will is absolutely torture. Doing it because you don't agree with the morals of their actions is literally the definition of "punishment".

Old 05-21-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Ok, I double checked. Still, I found no evidence of any species other than liberal humans dressing up in vagina suits and celebrating the right to kill babies.

If you have evidence to the contrary, please do share
LOL Since you were wrong you changed your claim. Classic.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Forcibly using someone's body against their will is absolutely torture. Doing it because you don't agree with the morals of their actions is literally the definition of "punishment".
Agreed.

Don't force me to work to pay for other people's food.

You agree, right?

Old 05-21-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't know of many pro-lifers that want imprisonment for women who have an abortion. Exaggerate much? The immorality is destroying an unborn human life.

I doubt that there are many women in a marital situatlon with other children already that would want to terminate an additional pregnancy. It's mostly single women that do that because it inconveniences them.
Many? Nearly a quarter of all abortions were to married women.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9474504

Old 05-21-2019, 06:32 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,233,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Why am I forced to work extra to keep others alive?

I could work less if I wasn't forces to pay taxes that go to welfare programs.

I hope you are consistent and say I should not be forced to work more to care for others.

Are you?
You are not forced to work more or less. You are taxed on what you make regardless of how much you work.

What you are not forced to do is use your body, organs, tissues and blood to keep another physically alive. You are not forced to give blood or bone marrow even if someone will die without it. You are not forced to give your body over to another for any reason. And women should nto be forced to do so either.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Agreed.

Don't force me to work to pay for other people's food.

You agree, right?
Who forces you to work. Please tell me where the government comes to your home, rouses you out of your bed, takes to your job, forces you to work, all under the penalty of jail or death if you do not.

Because unless you are forced to work or go to jail, than you are fibbing about the analogy.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Who forces you to work. Please tell me where the government comes to your home, rouses you out of your bed, takes to your job, forces you to work, all under the penalty of jail or death if you do not.

Because unless you are forced to work or go to jail, than you are fibbing about the analogy.
My tax dollars go to welfare programs to take care of others. Fact.

I have to work to earn those dollars. Fact.

If I don't pay those dollars, the government would seize the fruits of my labor. Fact.

What is so confusing to you about this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies