Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2019, 12:57 PM

36,563 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post

I think women should have reproductive options including the termination of pregnancy but it should not be covered by any taxpayer funds and it should be with a very taxing price to pay and done only for cases before 6 weeks pregnancy or otherwise only for rape, incest, or health issues, and we should educate the public on what happens in the fetal development stage
Why?
Why should it be exorbitantly expensive? Many women choose to abort due to financial burdens.
You realize women normally dont know they are pregnant until the 4th to 6th week, then a decision must be made, multiple doctor appoints, etc.
Why allow abortion for rape or incest or health reasons and not for financial, relationship, career, family support, maturity, ability reasons?

I think the public is aware of fetal development.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
T
If the health of the mother is in danger -- not just because she *thinks* it's in danger -- and the only way to make sure that the mother does not die is a medical procedure that inadvertently ends the life of the baby? That is truly a medically necessary procedure that will save the life of the mother. Read that statement CAREFULLY before responding so you understand fully what is meant.

And ah, there is that *legal* aspect again. Just so long as it's legal, that makes it right. OK.

And medical? Doctors are wrong all the time. I know someone who was told she was having a boy and had a girl. I know someone who was told her child would be brain damaged and the child was perfectly fine. I know lots of women who were told they need to have c-sections because the babies were too large and none of the babies were more than 8.5 pounds. Doctors are WRONG. A lot. So depending on them to accurately and correctly predict a baby's health in the womb? Err on the side of caution. Protect the baby. You may be killing a 100% perfectly healthy baby.
You didnt answer the question.

Do you support abortion in cases of rape or incest, non viable fetal anomalies, health of the mother?

Old 05-21-2019, 01:01 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,684,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Agreed.

Don't force me to work to pay for other people's food.

You agree, right?
This is a complicated topic, that I'll try to condense my thoughts on.
No one is thrilled to have their earnings taxed so that someone else can sit home, do nothing, and have their needs met. Most people would agree that ideally, everyone supports themselves.
BUT the world is not ideal. At any given point, some people are out of work and need help. Most people would agree that in a civilized and prosperous society this kind of temporary assistance is good.
If huge numbers of people are so poor that they cannot even buy food (for whatever reason), they will do whatever is necessary to feed their families, be it stealing or overthrowing the government or whatever. So government (at least in the US) has decided it is better to use tax monies to allow poor people to eat than the alternative chaos.

Now, to tie all of that to the topic at hand: if you are going to insist that every pregnant woman should deliver her baby, regardless of her ability to feed and raise that child, it only makes sense to support tax money being used to assist that family. It makes no sense to be opposed to terminating the pregnancy (at a point prior to brain activity or any sensation of discomfort or pain), but be on board with the baby starving to death later.

Helping poor families is just the compassionate thing to do.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:01 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
THAT is not how abortion is portrayed today. Your fantasy life must be very rich indeed.
Everything I wrote is true.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:04 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You didnt answer the question.

Do you support abortion in cases of rape or incest, non viable fetal anomalies, health of the mother?
Yes I did. And I've answered it multiple times you've asked. It's a non issue that you keep clinging to for reasons that make no sense

I've explained possible medical issues for the baby and the mother. Did you not read it? Of course not.

Rape and incest? See above statement.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Yes I did. And I've answered it multiple times you've asked. It's a non issue that you keep clinging to for reasons that make no sense

I've explained possible medical issues for the baby and the mother. Did you not read it? Of course not.

Rape and incest? See above statement.
No you did not.
Do you support abortion in cases of rape? yes or no.
Do you support abortion in cases of incest? yes or no.
Do you support abortion in cases of mothers health risk? yes or no.
Do you support abortion in cases of non viable fetal anomalies? yes or no.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:11 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
There is nothing to "get over." Abortions end the life of babies. Still disputing that fact.

That's why women have abortions. To make sure that the baby is dead, gone, removed, terminated, life ended, extracted, destroyed, pulled limb from limb and sucked out, and they are no longer pregnant. Right? Right. Baby dead = successful abortion.

If abortions did not kill babies, women would still be pregnant, would still be mothers. Abortion? Is meant to KILL the baby so the woman is no longer a MOTHER. It can't be much clearer than that.

If the health of the mother is in danger -- not just because she *thinks* it's in danger -- and the only way to make sure that the mother does not die is a medical procedure that inadvertently ends the life of the baby? That is truly a medically necessary procedure that will save the life of the mother. Read that statement CAREFULLY before responding so you understand fully what is meant.

And ah, there is that *legal* aspect again. Just so long as it's legal, that makes it right. OK.

And medical? Doctors are wrong all the time. I know someone who was told she was having a boy and had a girl. I know someone who was told her child would be brain damaged and the child was perfectly fine. I know lots of women who were told they need to have c-sections because the babies were too large and none of the babies were more than 8.5 pounds. Doctors are WRONG. A lot. So depending on them to accurately and correctly predict a baby's health in the womb? Err on the side of caution. Protect the baby. You may be killing a 100% perfectly healthy baby.
Women have abortions to stop a baby from developing. It's not a baby.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:13 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Everything I wrote is true.
In your fantasy world. Not in the real world.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:17 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
Quote:
that's why women have abortions. To make sure that the baby is dead, gone, removed, terminated, life ended, extracted, destroyed, pulled limb from limb and sucked out, and they are no longer pregnant. Right? Right. Baby dead = successful abortion.
lol.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:19 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
EXCUSE ME ? Are you actually saying no one is having third trimester abortions? Thats just flat out false. There are former clinicians that have left the business, and exposed the gruesome and horrific nature and details of late term abortions which occur EVERYDAY.

So you don't support the termination of pregnancy in the case of a non-viable pregnancy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies