Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 03:34 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times

Advertisements

if one includes the globalist business interests along with all other business interests which are traditionally what the right has been...then you mostly have all the money in the world to influence peoples minds through every piece of media in ALL its forms to redirect their anger towards whomever you declare is the responsible "bogey-man" it is no mystery..you cherry-pick hot-button emotionally charged issues such as abortion and immigrants (an old stand-by) and just blabber on about "those" people lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2019, 03:38 PM

18,498 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Who is “us”?
Them thar durn for’ners.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:39 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,254,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
if one includes the globalist business interests along with all other business interests which are traditionally what the right has been...then you mostly have all the money in the world to influence peoples minds through every piece of media in ALL its forms to redirect their anger towards whomever you declare is the responsible "bogey-man" it is no mystery..you cherry-pick hot-button emotionally charged issues such as abortion and immigrants (an old stand-by) and just blabber on about "those" people lol
Are you claiming that the right derives power from its control of the media?

That's not just wrong, that's opposite world wrong.

The moneyed interests of the right control very few media organs compared to the moneyed interests of the left.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:40 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Them thar durn for’ners.
No, somehow I think he thinks the furriners are “them”.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:41 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Cheating.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:49 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Cheating.
Yep.
The republicans behind the president give all the rich the promises they can.
They use a face to promise the middle class and poor something else, but never deliver. But the right wing populace is always fooled and never realizes that they are consistently being duped. The face of the republicanism party continues to keep voters with fear based promises.
My stupid neighbors won’t look up any facts for themselves, they only watch Fox News and want to vote for trump again because of all the hype over the border. Right now they really think a wall can be made and keep Mexicans out. They couldn’t believe it when I explained to them how they were being lied to.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Are you claiming that the right derives power from its control of the media?

That's not just wrong, that's opposite world wrong.

The moneyed interests of the right control very few media organs compared to the moneyed interests of the left.
in the 1970s the church committee held hearings with the CIA..the CIA admitted they had people in EVERY media outlet...while the CIA has been expanded and most probably other of the alphabet of Intel agencies have taken on some of the case load..need i remind you intelligence agencies have their roots within banking and wall-street?
I have NEVER heard of a non-right wing profits and shareholder first business...as i have said or eluded to these people are very clever to use emotionally charged issues...ONE can rest assured that business first policy will shine as the foremost "sacred" policy that gets approval

Old 05-19-2019, 03:58 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,254,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
in the 1970s the church committee held hearings with the CIA..the CIA admitted they had people in EVERY media outlet...while the CIA has been expanded and most probably other of the alphabet of Intel agencies have taken on some of the case load..need i remind you intelligence agencies have their roots within banking and wall-street?
I have NEVER heard of a non-right wing profits and shareholder first business...as i have said or eluded to these people are very clever to use emotionally charged issues...ONE can rest assured that business first policy will shine as the foremost "sacred" policy that gets approval
So explain to me how 90% unfavorable media coverage of Trump is some cunning strategy by the right?

Old 05-19-2019, 04:02 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
The red wall cracked in 92 because Perot uncovered simmering discontent with nascent globalism on the grass roots right.

It was a template for Trump to realign Republican policy with base preferences. The Republicans were flailing badly until Trump dragged them kicking and screaming across the finish line.

I think higher conservative growth rates have been swamped by immigration, hence the loss of places like Colorado.
Remember that Perot got my vote - and Nate S shows clearly that he received 50.50 in terms of right/left votes. So Perot really has no effect on the election.

The last sentence is more nuanced. It's the basic failure of Republicans to put together cause and effect.

One thing we can all agree on is that Republicans prefer inequality - that is, they want "someone else" to pick their crops, build their houses, wash their dishes and do their landscaping. Therefore, they invite (in theory) vast low cost labor forces in to do the "dirty work" in places like Texas and Florida and Nevada and Colorado (as you mention). Most cannot currently become citizens, but Reagan gave amnesty to millions which I am certain added voters to the rolls in these places.

In a sense it's no different than many Southern States that are now inviting civilization in - education, corporations, development, industry, etc.

When you invite the doers in...to do stuff...they are then part of the demographic eventually.

The only hope for any true long term conservative states is low population and lack of cultural and civic improvement. WY or ID could, for example, stay that way....and tiny oil boom states such as ND also.

But that's not gonna be a winning game in the long run.

They still have the option of continuing to ruin the country and causing chaos and hardship...which has always driven people into the hands of authoritarianism and other such movements. That is really their last hope and they are doing a decent job of it right now.

Old 05-19-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
So explain to me how 90% unfavorable media coverage of Trump is some cunning strategy by the right?
honestly while i am NOT a trump fan...i dont think mr trump has ever been part of the upper class business establishment
he is an outsider and a bit of a wildcard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies