Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2019, 06:25 AM

73,043 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Agree but will note libertarians cannot be trusted for the same reasons.

Barry Goldwater was a libertarian.
In alot of cases, perhaps. In Barry Goldwater's case, yes. In the case of Gary Johnson, he went on record to say that he would have signed the Civil Rights Act. This caused some issues between him and other libertarians.

But just the same, if alot of people wonder why so many Blacks haven't voted for the GOP in a long time, 1964 is one year to look at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2019, 06:32 AM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Johnson supported the Civil Rights Act. Barry Goldwater did not. And here's my question for you.

1) What has the GOP done for Black people in the last 35-40 years?
2) Why do you care who Black people vote for? How it is any of YOUR business?
In Joe Biden's case the question is...

What has Biden done to black people in the last 35-40 years?

the answer is ... Biden's crime bill put countless thousands of black people in jail for minor crimes.

Old 05-30-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
In Joe Biden's case the question is...

What has Biden done to black people in the last 35-40 years?

the answer is ... Biden's crime bill put countless thousands of black people in jail for minor crimes.
Answer my question first and then I will answer yours.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, if you refuse to sell something, it has to be on a nondiscriminatory basis and not violate the Civil Rights Act.

Heart of Atlanta Motel vs. United States, and Katzenbach vs. McClung are the US Supreme Court cases that affirm this - no discrimination in public accommodations.
The fact that someone would want to have the right to discriminate against someone based on race is sad. This is why I'm in favor of the Civil Rights Act.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
How much is a large bag of popcorn and a coke?
How much? Not really relevant at all. The question I'm about the pose, it is relevant.

Why is there such an obsession about who Blacks vote for?

Old 05-30-2019, 02:05 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,265,780 times
Quote:
How much? Not really relevant at all. The question I'm about the pose, it is relevant.

Why is there such an obsession about who Blacks vote for?
I thought it was relevant, I wanted a large bag because I knew it would be a long debate and I was right, no end in sight.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:00 PM

926 posts, read 417,854 times
Quote:
Oh really (on the bold)? So why haven't minorities flocked to vote for Republicans in big numbers?
Because the Democrats throw crumbs at them, and many prefer to cling to those crumbs. For some people, it's due to laziness; for others, it's a lack of self-confidence. They simply don't believe they can be successful on their own.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:04 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,363,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
Because the Democrats throw crumbs at them, and many prefer to cling to those crumbs. For some people, it's due to laziness; for others, it's a lack of self-confidence. They simply don't believe they can be successful on their own.
Naw, that's just a well-worn trope.

Again, if the Republicans are all what you've said - then why are significant majorities of people of color not buying it? And if they're sincere about going after their votes, why do many Republicans believe that crap you just wrote, and continue to insult and denigrate voters of color with that sort of attitude?

Old 05-30-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
The fact that someone would want to have the right to discriminate against someone based on race is sad. This is why I'm in favor of the Civil Rights Act.
I believe everyone should have the legal right to discriminate whoever they want, for whatever reason. That includes race, gender, sexual orientation, height, weight, color of the shoes, size of the hand... whatever.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Naw, that's just a well-worn trope.

Again, if the Republicans are all what you've said - then why are significant majorities of people of color not buying it? And if they're sincere about going after their votes, why do many Republicans believe that crap you just wrote, and continue to insult and denigrate voters of color with that sort of attitude?
What "crap" exactly did I write? Where did you see me insult or denigrate voters of color, or anyone for that matter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies