Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 03:49 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,908,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Trickle Down Voodoo to benefit the elite
Deregulation to benefit the elite
Tax cuts to benefit the elite

And for some bat crap crazy reason, American Christian Taliban efforts to take rights away from women keep tools and rubes coming back to vote for these dinosaurs.

No affordable health plans
No Rx drug price cuts
No infrastructure
No education policies
No green energy policies
No actual comprehensive immigration policy
...and the list goes on

What a useless bunch of crooks, liars and do-nothings.
They remind me of the left, except they don't whine as much as the left. Please government look out for me. Raise me from cradle to grave.

Man up, run you're own life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 03:53 AM

5,527 posts, read 3,266,403 times
I have heard this same insult my entire life. So that's about 70 years of no new ideas.

The OP is evidence of confirmation bias more than anything else.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:14 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,158,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It all boils down to LBJ’s quote about giving people someone to look down on.

Give a person someone to look down on, and they won’t notice that you’re screwing them over.
The USA is the only industrialized nation going backwards in the realms of fair and balanced news being replaced by propaganda, a donor class that calls the shots, worker's rights, upward mobility, pollution, women's rights, infrastructure, secure elections, human rights and so much more.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:20 AM

18,511 posts, read 9,190,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The USA is the only industrialized nation going backwards in the realms of fair and balanced news being replaced by propaganda, a donor class that calls the shots, worker's rights, upward mobility, pollution, women's rights, infrastructure, secure elections, human rights and so much more.
Correct.

Both political parties are turning the USA into a second-world plutocracy like Russia.

My advice to any young person: emigrate to Europe, Canada, New Zealand, or Australia if you can.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:43 AM

1,705 posts, read 539,918 times
The Democratic Party has ruled the last 70 out of 100 years..

But, if you go back 40 years, to when the collapse in US living standards happened.

Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama...

Regan gutted almost everything the US worker had fought for... outsourcing, privatizations, worker rights,
Bush kept on doing the same thing
Clinton got a BJ in the White House, but balanced the budget.
Bush Jr, waisted Trillions on war and almost let the world economy collapse.
Obama spent the next 8 years trying to fix the Republicans mess, while the Republican congress did everything they could to destroy him.

So, I would mostly blame every thing gone wrong in the last 40 years for the US workers on Reagen and Bush Sr...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies