Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 10:44 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times

Advertisements

Having the outsider running things, is unfortunately not working, and the corrupt lying democrats are 100% to blame for it.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:48 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Pelosi should have kept her mouth shut heading into that meeting. She took an enormous first swing, and shouldn’t be very surprised that Trump swung back.

All of them behaving like children. ALL OF THEM.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:02 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Pelosi should have kept her mouth shut heading into that meeting. She took an enormous first swing, and shouldn’t be very surprised that Trump swung back.

All of them behaving like children. ALL OF THEM.
It wasn't because of what Pelosi said. There is no way they get those handouts, the signs, the speech already in time.

That was well staged

It works -- y'all are feeling bad for him.

A grown up would have discussed the infrastructure deal, come out and said -- I'm ready to work on infrastructure. The Dems want to focus on the investigation but I want to get things done.

This drop everything or I will take my ball and go home is petty, childish and not effective.

He did this before the govt. shutdown and it got him nowhere.

I'm not sure how I feel about the escalating steps being taken to 'investigate'. But I don't fall easily either for Trump's dog and pony show.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:10 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It wasn't because of what Pelosi said. There is no way they get those handouts, the signs, the speech already in time.

That was well staged

A grown up would have discussed the infrastructure deal, come out and said -- I'm ready to work on infrastructure. The Dems want to focus on the investigation but I want to get things done.

This drop everything or I will take my ball and go home is petty, childish and not effective.

I'm not sure how I feel about the escalating steps being taken to 'investigate'. But I don't fall easily either for Trump's dog and pony show.
Please don’t presume to know what’s in my head. I assure you that you do not. Let’s not make this personal by suggesting you have any reading on me, especially after I myself admonished both sides for their childish behavior.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:16 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
WOW what a show Trump put on today. He's working it.

So -- he had a meeting with Pelosi and Schumer on infrastructure. Walks in -- doesn't sit down and then comes out to do a Rose Garden presser -- with handouts, premade signs and pretends that this was in response to the Democrats not wanting to discuss infrastructure but focusing on investigation.

Nah -- that's not what happened. Schumer and Pelosi showed up to talk infrastructures & Trump -- the big wheeler dealer -- lol -- says no infrastructure deal unless all investigations stop.

LOL.

this was scripted, orchestrated and presented.

Well don Trump administration.

The base will love it.

For me, Trump should be the adult in the room -- if he doesn't believe there is anything to the investigation...let them do their thing but still carry on business.

But why would he do that. It would suggest he is mature, knows what is important to American voters (it may not be the investigation -- so don't use it as a tool to get your way).
The only thing Trump could have done better is, take the toddlers out of the play pen and burp them !!!

Old 05-22-2019, 11:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
It started when Trump and his campaign had over 200+ contacts with Russians and lied about it.

There is a Congressperson that made contact with Flynn and Cohen on behalf of Trump that is at risk of indictment. There is 14 other investigation into the Trump circle. He can be prosecuted when he leaves the office. It's not over, ask Jr, Gates and Flynn.

Barr has no evidence. Barr caved to Schiff today.
Justice Department and House intelligence panel strike deal for Mueller materials

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.5e231f42dccd
From your own quoted link..."to produce the redacted material"
That has been available for weeks. No Democrat has made the effort to go to the skif and view it.
The Republicans did.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
So public scrutiny of Trump intensified after he declared himself as a candidate for public office? Wonders never cease.

What's next? Baseball players complaining that their statistics were only recorded after they stepped on the field?

That is when the spying started on his campaign. Carried over from them already spying on him, before he announced. Big voice on FOX & Infowars before he announced. Obama needed dirt to shut him up.
Wasn't Trump a Birther? Oh ya, Obama wanted the dirt... badly.
https://thehill.com/policy/national-...-obama-era-nsa

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...on-be-exposed/

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...mericans-years

https://www.dailywire.com/news/16804...rs-ben-shapiro

Old 05-22-2019, 11:26 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:

That was well staged

I have to admit, its pretty hard to believe that Trump sat down for a good-faith negotiation and was unexpectedly shot down by hard-line stance from Pelosi when he had pre-printed signs and a pre-written speech ready for the occasion. This is particularly true since, apparently, he met with them for less than 3 minutes.

Master negotiator at work.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:29 AM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
Odd that he complains he should get his first two years in office back due to his difficulties that after this morning's stunt he's insured his final two years will be equally fruitless.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
WOW what a show Trump put on today. He's working it.

So -- he had a meeting with Pelosi and Schumer on infrastructure. Walks in -- doesn't sit down and then comes out to do a Rose Garden presser -- with handouts, premade signs and pretends that this was in response to the Democrats not wanting to discuss infrastructure but focusing on investigation.

Nah -- that's not what happened. Schumer and Pelosi showed up to talk infrastructures & Trump -- the big wheeler dealer -- lol -- says no infrastructure deal unless all investigations stop.

LOL.

this was scripted, orchestrated and presented.

Well don Trump administration.

The base will love it.

For me, Trump should be the adult in the room -- if he doesn't believe there is anything to the investigation...let them do their thing but still carry on business.

But why would he do that. It would suggest he is mature, knows what is important to American voters (it may not be the investigation -- so don't use it as a tool to get your way).

No negotiating with co-conspirators.
Trump has 6 ways to Sunday to get back at you.... Chuckie Scumbag Schumer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fotKK5kcMOg

That is coming back to haunt him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies