Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2019, 11:24 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times

Advertisements

I find it interesting how quickly so many conservatives will describe the U.N. in the most negative of terms. Trump too of course, especially when it comes to U.N. resolutions related to Israel, but then when what the U.N. determines is more in line with this administration's line, suddenly Republicans invoke the U.N. in a very different light...

"They [Iran] have been told by the U.N. what they can't do." -- Sen. James Risch, R-Idaho

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/wh...iefing-on-iran

Oh! So now all of a sudden what the U.N. says you can't do actually needs to be listened to?

"How conVEEENient."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 11:32 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I find it interesting how quickly so many conservatives will describe the U.N. in the most negative of terms. Trump too of course, especially when it comes to U.N. resolutions related to Israel, but then when what the U.N. determines is more in line with this administration's line, suddenly Republicans invoke the U.N. in a very different light...

"They [Iran] have been told by the U.N. what they can't do." -- Sen. James Risch, R-Idaho

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/wh...iefing-on-iran

Oh! So now all of a sudden what the U.N. says you can't do actually needs to be listened to?

"How conVEEENient."
Oh my...….hypocrisy.....where are my pearls ?

Hypocrisy and the lie are the two most used tools in politics.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Oh my...….hypocrisy.....where are my pearls ?

Hypocrisy and the lie are the two most used tools in politics.
One thing is to call it out as we should. Then too who seems okay with it and why? When?

Specifics help too, as I've just referred to when starting this thread...

I'm not okay with hypocrisy or lies regardless who tends toward either. You?

Old 05-22-2019, 12:35 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
One thing is to call it out as we should. Then too who seems okay with it and why? When?

Specifics help too, as I've just referred to when starting this thread...

I'm not okay with hypocrisy or lies regardless who tends toward either. You?
If you are looking for a fix then fine. Call it out equally. Pointing the finger at one party won't get it. That would be hypocritical !!! You may not know it but you are doing what you say you don't like. The first lie one should not tell is the one to themself.

It doesn't appear that your target is the UN and that's where there is more hypocrisy than anywhere else in the world. We host them and pay the biggest share for the UN and they roast us. The UN is the outhouse of hypocrisy. Pick a hole and unload !!!

Last edited by phma; 05-22-2019 at 12:45 PM..

Old 05-22-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If you are looking for a fix then fine. Call it out equally. Pointing the finger at one party won't get it. That would be hypocritical !!! You may not know it but you are doing what you say you don't like.

It doesn't appear that your target is the UN and that's where there is more hypocrisy than anywhere else in the world. We host them and pay the biggest share for the UN and they roast us. The UN is the outhouse of hypocrisy. Pick a hole and unload !!!
That you somehow seem to think the UN should act in accordance to who pays what tells me all I need to know about how well your "judgement compass" is working. Clearly, you don't understand even the basics...

There is no fix for that sort of problem but of course I'm all for calling out the BS equally. That can't be a function of who pays most for their opinion to prevail however.

Nothing tells me America is in deep trouble along these lines more than reading all too many comments like yours in this forum. Past time for me to sign off yet again as I hope for better inspiration elsewhere. Something other than despair in any case...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies