Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 03:15 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times

Advertisements

I never like people on any currency.
It should only be historic landmarks in the country that are on currency.
Examples would be, Mount Rushmore, Empire state bldg, St Louis archway, Old Faithful, Diamond head etc, and be much more colorful instead of green, which in itself would make it harder to counterfeit.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2019, 03:52 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Man, this is gonna get ugly.

If I get a bunch of Tubby 20s out of an ATM, and the bank (if I'm a customer there) doesn't honor my request to exchange bills, I'm closing the account.

I'm not the only that feels this way. What about shopkeeps who won't want the new Tubby PC money?

Whoever wanted to foment more discord between Whites and Blacks, they came up with an effective idea here I'll admit that. This has the potential to turn even the most mundane, pedestrian actions like buying milk from a corner store or, getting cash back from groceries into a potential fight.

It will inevitably become a case of accept the Tubby or be called a racist., and I'm just at the point where I wanna throw in the towel and say, "F--k it. I'm a racist."

Did you know in NYC, that senior public school staff (Assistant Principals up to District Superintedents) have to undergo mandatory classes that teach how to "keep your innate, evil whitness in check."?

"Those of Caucasian, European heritage are genetically more prone to feelings of entitlement and superiority as is evidenced by their vast multitude of historical atrocities. And, while this block of instruction can't fully purge the white mentality from all those present, it should at least serve as enough of a check on your natural reflexes to maintain socially acceptable behavior."

Really.

I wish this was made up.

Subsititute ANY race in the above description and, that official (Richard Carranza), while they might avoid criminal charges, would effectively be instantly and irreversibly removed from the American workforce.

...so are White people actually gonna do anything about it? No, they'll just continue to take it claiming "silent majority" or "nation of laws" or whatever when really they're driving themselves extinct by:

Under-Representing, Under-Reproducing, Over-Apologizing, and Over-Medicating themselves out of existence ...using Tubby 20s all the while...

Though, I do think that the concept of slavery is completely unjustigiable, that what Frederick Douglas, Harriet Tubman and the Tuskegee Airmen (to name a few) have done many honorable things worth the highest level of praise and, that the idea that moral or intellectual quality can be assessed by epidermal melanin percentage (aka skin color) is one of the dumbest ideas ever conceived...

...none of this will assuage my anger at all this anti-White PC bulls--t shoved down our throats until we vomit, barf, spew and, hurl forth the stinking, vitriolic chunks of hatred formed from being told steadily and increasingly over the past 20 years that pale European skin is responsible for every societal ill that does or has ever existed.
Well, your profile name is apt.....

Old 05-23-2019, 03:55 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,259 times
...my choice...

Edmond de Rothschild....seems fitting...

Old 05-23-2019, 03:56 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Why not Harriet Tubman?

Susan B Anthony was already on currency.
if you are going to do Harriet Tubman, you might as well do Oprah instead

Harriet Tubman is a very minor character in US history and is not deserving at all to be on US currency. If one wanted someone involved in the liberation of slaves, use Frederick Douglas, as he had a huge impact on the anti-slavery movement.

Otherwise, use these presidents:

FDR
TR
Reagan
Ike
Truman

Old 05-23-2019, 04:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
In 2016, Trump complained that having Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill was political correctness, wanting to keep Andrew Jackson on it. He said if she had to be on money, she should be on the $2 bill, which is no longer produced.

Today Mnuchin announced that Harriet Tubman was no going to even be a possibility under a Trump presidency; the soonest would be 2028.

Harriet Tubman $20 Bill Is Delayed Until Trump Leaves Office, Mnuchin Says
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/u...bman-bill.html
He knows his base well.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:25 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
if you are going to do Harriet Tubman, you might as well do Oprah instead

Harriet Tubman is a very minor character in US history and is not deserving at all to be on US currency. If one wanted someone involved in the liberation of slaves, use Frederick Douglas, as he had a huge impact on the anti-slavery movement.

Otherwise, use these presidents:

FDR
TR
Reagan
Ike
Truman
Eisenhower was already on the silver dollar

Old 05-23-2019, 04:29 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I agree with that.....it's not necessary to change it at all, but it seems we are headed toward doing that. So I just thought it would be nice to kick around some names of women who have contributed to our country.

What about Julia Ward Howe? She wrote the Battle Hymn of the Republic and was also an early suffragette.
So you think Harriet Tubman didn't contribute?

AFAIK, Howe never risked her life for a single soul.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:30 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Obama. He was the best US president in history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Why not Donald Trump?
Can't be a live person.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:31 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,429,096 times
How about just leave it alone if for no other reason than it costs money to change over. It's an just another unnecessary expense.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:39 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...my choice...

Edmond de Rothschild....seems fitting...
With him holding a noose around the Capitol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies