Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 06:05 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The President controls troop movements and can bring he troops home at any time. So Democrats don't like war, they just elect people who do?
Sadly war is big business for the military industrial complex. Both Dems and Reps are guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 06:09 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Didn't he become president because he beat the most (paraphrasing) electable dem ever?
Hillary was never the most electable. She was just the best known.

Her flaws as a candidate were also well known, but were ignored. That's the bitter mistake the Democratic party learned very well in 2016, and it will not be repeated in 2020.

The Republicans have fallen victim to that same mistake several times in the past with their own choices.

Trump has his work cut out for him. A fluke isn't likely to strike twice in a row while the lesson is still painful.

Old 05-24-2019, 06:10 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
So, you have verifiable proof?...lets see it, or just say you hate trump no matter what he does, that would make it much easier for all here to understand that you hate trump and will do whatever is needed to discredit trump...

So, lets see your evidence.....
K.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...is/2420475002/

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-bone-...father-1271399

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-bone-...father-1271399

Old 05-24-2019, 06:52 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
K.

No, not "K"

Quote:

Daughter says.....Nothing verifiable.....maybe you missed that in my post?

Quote:

The daughter again says, just in a different link?

Quote:

Sad, but evidently you did not even have the ability or even cared to read the links you provided, since the 3rd link is the exact same link as link #2......

Old 05-24-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
He became president because so many didn't turn out to vote. Yes he won the electoral vote, but did not win the popular vote.

So, tell us, who won the vote that counts? Oh yea, that's your current president....

Quote:
Only 58% of people registered to vote did so.

So?

Quote:
And to you point, I never have liked Hillary and I think she was a terrible candidate. Bernie would have been a much better choice, but the Dems screwed him over.

Good for you!

Old 05-24-2019, 06:56 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
I'm sure he is proud of Blumenthal....if he is that mad at his president...

Seven months in Afghanistan in 2014 ?

Gee-wiz, I sure hope the high-speed internet didn't cut out while he watched "Apprentice" in the officer's quarters.

Since he was already an established Democrat insider when he received his commission in the navy reserve, I have to assume his short stay well out of harm's way in Afghanistan was a political exercise not unlike LBJ's inspection tour.

Me ?

I was an 0311, so I'm not really impressed by someone that conflates their cushy service as a naval reserve officer in Afghanistan in 2014 with that experienced by guys that were drafted during the Vietnam War.

Meanwhile, Biden couldn't go to Vietnam because he had asthma as a child.

Old 05-24-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Seven months in Afghanistan in 2014 ?

Gee-wiz, I sure hope the high-speed internet didn't cut out while he watched "Apprentice" in the officer's quarters.

Since he was already an established Democrat insider when he received his commission in the navy reserve, I have to assume his short stay well out of harm's way in Afghanistan was a political exercise not unlike LBJ's inspection tour.

Me ?

I was an 0311, so I'm not really impressed by someone that conflates their cushy service as a naval reserve officer in Afghanistan in 2014 with that experienced by guys that were drafted during the Vietnam War.

Meanwhile, Biden could go to Vietnam because he had asthma as a child.

21 years retired (2009)...I agree with you!

Old 05-24-2019, 07:04 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Please tell me why Trump's medical deferment, that many others also had at the time, is a discussion issue by a presidential candidate for the 2020 election? Why would any dem candidate waste time talking about this? Trump has already been elected once and this is VERY old news. It seems to me that using time wisely would be at the forefront.

Old 05-24-2019, 07:07 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm not really impressed by someone that conflates their cushy service as a naval reserve officer in Afghanistan in 2014 with that experienced by guys that were drafted during the Vietnam War.
Since you're not very impressed with someone who served seven months in Afghanistan in 2014, I assume you're even less impressed with presidents like Trump and Clinton who, you know, actually dodged the draft.

Old 05-24-2019, 07:08 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times
been watching this forum about 3 months maybe....and makes NO difference what information is exposed about Mr trump about a dozen or so supporters WILL defend him...never seen anything like it lol...PS i think the military support is not as much as at first either....

does the fact that many, many people dodged the draft somehow make it alright??? i am willing to guess that before trump his supporters said two WRONGS don't make it right!...but NOW its ok

its just sad that GOOD people twist and turn in their own moral stew all at the behest of this man...sad?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies