Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 07:13 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,796,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, not "K"

Daughter says.....Nothing verifiable.....maybe you missed that in my post?

The daughter again says, just in a different link?

Sad, but evidently you did not even have the ability or even cared to read the links you provided, since the 3rd link is the exact same link as link #2......
Sorry I don't have the actual deferment on me right now, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 07:15 PM

46,266 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
been watching this forum about 3 months maybe....and makes NO difference what information is exposed about Mr trump about a dozen or so supporters WILL defend him...never seen anything like it lol...
BS, you've been here since 2014 and you've never seen anything like this, even while obama was president?

Quote:
PS i think the military support is not as much as at first either....

Quote:
does the fact that many, many people dodged the draft somehow make it alright??? i am willing to guess that before trump his supporters said two WRONGS don't make it right!...but NOW its ok

No, it shows how hypocritical the left is, sad it has to be explained like this....the left was cool and good with dodgeing the draft...but now that rightie did it...OH HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL no...............

Quote:
its just sad that GOOD people twist and turn in their own moral stew all at the behest of this man...sad?!

You're doing a great job in twisting....and if you call yourself good...well, bless your heart...

Old 05-24-2019, 07:15 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Pope Pete the Deceiver already knocked himself out of the race and wants to pick a fight with Trump to get some headlines. Can't wait to see Trump dig those bone spurs into his ribs.

Pope Pete say he doesn't want to see religion used as a cudgel, then uses it as a cudgel.
Pope Pete and the false God of feelings :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LguQjFIpTmM
It is kind of funny that he doesn't remember what foot he has the bone spur on. Don't you think that is odd as they are very painful?

Old 05-24-2019, 07:16 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
What did Buttigieg lie about. Him serving in Afghanistan or Trump faking bone spurs. The truth stands on his on merits.

Old 05-24-2019, 07:18 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,432,639 times
Nobody cared about Vietnam service or avoidance when Bill Clinton beat WWII war heroes twice.
Nobody cared when George W Bush allegedly got a safe reserve slot when he ran against two democrats who were both,at least briefly,in Vietnam.
Nobody cared when Barack Obama ran against a Vietnam war hero.

Candidates can bring up their military service all they want and if they want......but history shows that NOBODY really cares anymore about such things,and haven't for years.

Old 05-24-2019, 07:18 PM

46,266 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Sorry I don't have the actual deferment on me right now, lol.

Did not ask for that...LOL....

But great deflection and not responding...sorry, yes...

Old 05-24-2019, 07:20 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
I give anyone who avoided that nightmarish meatgrinder a BIG thumbs-up!

Old 05-24-2019, 07:24 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,599,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
BS, you've been here since 2014 and you've never seen anything like this, even while obama was president?

No, it shows how hypocritical the left is, sad it has to be explained like this....the left was cool and good with dodgeing the draft...but now that rightie did it...OH HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL no...............

You're doing a great job in twisting....and if you call yourself good...well, bless your heart...

i joined in 2014 but was mostly om the unemployment forum...its the political forum i have been watching for 3-4 months sir...i was referring to the right-wing posters that im sure are good people...

i pretty much am unconcerned as to what YOUR opinion of me is sir!

i am an American citizen and have issues with the right clamming the "true American" mantel for them selves..i am old enough to have heard this exact same BS from the exact same people ...(Vietnam era)

i don't hate anyone as i believe hatred reflects badly on the owner
i am pretty sure that money has always run the world and has taken over BOTH our political parties long ago..i have disagreements with them all

PS you tried egging me on in another thread a week ago or so...and im not going for it this time either lol

Old 05-24-2019, 07:26 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
I see PB belongs to the Tammy Duckworth I served and you didn't, neener-neener club.

No vet I ever knew played the I'm better than you comparison game with respect to their military service. They didn't even talk about it except with each other, and they sure as hell didn't fish for accolades publicly. What a different generation.

Pete Buttegieg should be ashamed of himself. And he might want to consider the irony in the fact that he's exploiting his service to pander to a bunch of elites who wouldn't care less about it, except to criticize the military, in any other context.

Old 05-24-2019, 07:50 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Seven months in Afghanistan in 2014 ?

Gee-wiz, I sure hope the high-speed internet didn't cut out while he watched "Apprentice" in the officer's quarters.

Since he was already an established Democrat insider when he received his commission in the navy reserve, I have to assume his short stay well out of harm's way in Afghanistan was a political exercise not unlike LBJ's inspection tour.

Me ?

I was an 0311, so I'm not really impressed by someone that conflates their cushy service as a naval reserve officer in Afghanistan in 2014 with that experienced by guys that were drafted during the Vietnam War.

Meanwhile, Biden couldn't go to Vietnam because he had asthma as a child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Since you're not very impressed with someone who served seven months in Afghanistan in 2014, I assume you're even less impressed with presidents like Trump and Clinton who, you know, actually dodged the draft.

Lots of guys dodged the draft in the Vietnam era.

Biden, Clinton, Trump and many others took advantage of their relative means to avoid service in Vietnam.

Has what to do with a political hack taking a commission in the naval reserve and spending seven whole months in the rear where it's nice and safe ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies