Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 09:17 AM

51,659 posts, read 25,891,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This is one of the dumbest lies Trump ever made up. Which "people"? Which people have been with the queen long enough to know that? None of her employees or family would have said that. They don't discuss the queen's state of mind, and definitely not with the Trump crowd.

If Trump had actually heard that a real person close to the queen said that, he would have bragged with a name--he is a name dropper extraordinaire. That insecure ego again.

Remember when the faithful used to claim Trump's lies were actually 'hyperbole'? Well, we're way past that now. He's now hearing voices in his head.
"People tell me," is Trump speak for, "This is a lie."

No one looking at those photos could possibly come to the conclusion that anyone, with the possible exception of that goofy Eric, was having a good time.

Old 06-09-2019, 11:11 AM

27,268 posts, read 13,540,429 times
TBF - whatever you thinkj of Trump he's not the worst person the Royal have had to meet, indeed the Queen has met many world leaders including Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, President Nicolae Ceaușescu and First Lady Elena Ceaușescu of Romania, Emperor Hirohito and Empress Kōjun of Japan and later Emperor Akihito, Chinese President Xi Jinping as well as former Chinese President Hu Jintao, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Russian President Vladimir Putin who she shared a carriage with, and there are numerous others.

The Queen even admitted to seeing Nicolae Ceaușescu one morning and quickly darting in the oppositte direction, the Ceaușescu's were later executed by the people of Romania.

The visits by the Japanese Emperors were also difficult as the Queen is Commander and Chief of the British military and lots of former British PoW's lined the streets of London in order to turn their back on the Japanese Emperor, due to the horrific treatment of prisoners of war by Japan during WW2.

BBC ON THIS DAY | 26 | 1998: Veterans reject Japanese 'sorrow'

The Queen also actually visited Russia in 1994 when relations were better than now, even though the Russian Royal Family (the Romanovs) who were murdered during the Russian Revolution were cousins of the British Royals.

The Queen also met with Sinn Fein leaders as part of the Northern Ireland peace process, despite Lord Louis Mountbatten ( a well loved member of the Royal Family), being murdered by the IRA, although Prince Philip just walked past them and refused to shake their hands.

Trump is fairly easy to deal with by comparison, and Trump was brought up to love the Queen by his late mother, so was very respectful and not a problem, indeed Prince Charles even sat him down for tea and tried to change his mind on the need for action in relation to climate change.

US Presidents have never been a problem since the first state visit by Woodrow Wilson in December 1918, and the Royals always receive the US President with a great deal of warmth and hospitality.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-09-2019 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 06-09-2019, 12:28 PM

10,835 posts, read 4,380,348 times
I must admit I never liked The Queen, but since she appeared with Trump I've become a fan.
That photo of her smiling with Trump is the most genuine smile I've ever seen her do.
Trump has brought out the best in her.

Old 06-09-2019, 12:37 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,469,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
The fake news media tried to hide this picture, because the Queen was the opposite of grim-
Bit naive. When foreign representatives meet, they always shake hands and smile and act nice when cameras are around - even if they hate each other's guts and plan to stab them in the back at the next opportunity.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:42 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,388,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I must admit I never liked The Queen, but since she appeared with Trump I've become a fan.
That photo of her smiling with Trump is the most genuine smile I've ever seen her do.
Trump has brought out the best in her.
Did you watch any of the TV series, “The Queen?” Her life has been amazing. I highly recommend it -on Netflix.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:35 PM

10,835 posts, read 4,380,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Bit naive. When foreign representatives meet, they always shake hands and smile and act nice when cameras are around - even if they hate each other's guts and plan to stab them in the back at the next opportunity.
And they use fake smiles, whereas the Queen used a real smile for Trump.
Her whole face smiled, very different to her fake smile.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:34 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,678,206 times
I didn't know the Queen ever had a good time. It's just playing the part, pageantry, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies