Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2019, 02:18 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
It's not humiliating for the OP, it's humiliating for all of the pro-lifers who can't answer the OP's question.

Pro-lifer's shutting down PP's and enacting draconian abortion regulations is going to almost exclusively effect poor women and that means there are going to be a lot more women and their children on the public dole. FACT.

Pro-lifers want to force poor women to have children they can't afford and then they want to sit back on their sanctimonious rear ends and complain about having to pay taxes to support welfare mothers and children.

How are working women making minimum wage supposed to pay for housing, food, healthcare and childcare all on their own?

The OP was asking pro-lifers for suggestions on how to handle children living in poverty without using taxpayer money and no one has given any viable solutions.

Expecting people to be celibate is not a viable solution.

Expecting people to get a condom on perfectly every single time or never forget to take a pill on time is not a viable solution.

Expecting BC, even if used perfectly, to never fail is not a viable solution. Hell, even sterilization has been known to fail.

Expecting women who can't afford a child to just adopt it out is not a viable solution.

Expecting women who didn't want a child to automatically become good loving mothers is not a viable solution.

In short, people are not perfect and expecting that to change in not a viable solution.

And most of all, there is nothing pro-LIFE or caring about turning children into a consequence, a form of punishment, for women who dare to engage in recreational sex.

Last of all, what do you think should be done about children living in poverty?
you're only making it worse.

Old 06-15-2019, 02:19 PM

2,448 posts, read 894,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, I think he did not know what it meant but is now trying to pretend that he did.
I know you think that. That's the problem. I sometimes feel like some of us should have little flags that pop up from behind our heads when we go into sarcasm mode for folks like you.

Old 06-15-2019, 02:34 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Right, stating that others don't care about kids or want them to be left destitute and starve all because those others don't agree with her position on abortion isn't a "personal attack." Well done.

And now from her followup post: "I think we are dealing with people who are just haters, not opposed on principle, just woman haters." Again, this is a freaking moderator! Unbelievable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
you're only making it worse.
Both of you need to go through these abortion threads and add up how many pro-lifers have proclaimed they do not want their tax dollars used to support other people's children. There are plenty of them. "Not my kid, not my problem."

So, how about answering the question? How should these children be dealt with if all of the taxpayer/government funded programs are discontinued?

Old 06-15-2019, 02:41 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Both of you need to go through these abortion threads and add up how many pro-lifers have proclaimed they do not want their tax dollars used to support other people's children. There are plenty of them. "Not my kid, not my problem."

So, how about answering the question? How should these children be dealt with if all of the taxpayer/government funded programs are discontinued?
Honestly I think these two are trolling and attempting to use distractions to derail the thread. I would ignore them.

Old 06-15-2019, 02:50 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:

well first off, parents should provide for their children. and let's be honest, they aren't going to take food from children. sounds like typical fear mongering.

Old 06-15-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Honestly I think these two are trolling and attempting to use distractions to derail the thread. I would ignore them.
You mean in like the eight different places that I asked pro-choicers to explain themselves and in return get evasions and strawman arguments.

"Troll" is yet another way of trying to shut down dialogue and dissent.

But, yes, you'd probably be better off not getting into a discussion here.

Old 06-15-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:

Well, obviously, we should kill them. As one sharp mind put it a few pages back, they're bound to be "drains on the system."

Where have I heard rhetoric like that before? Oh, yes:

Old 06-15-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
well first off, parents should provide for their children. and let's be honest, they aren't going to take food from children. sounds like typical fear mongering.
.........and mommies and daddies should all be married and live happily ever after.

Do you know how many people in this country can't get anything better than a minimum wage job no matter how hard they try?.....which is more likely to be the case if their education is cut off because of an unwanted pregnancy.

The only reason the "not my kid, not my problem" crowd aren't going to take food from children is because there are not enough of them to make it happen.

That doesn't change the fact that those expressing those sentiments are the same ones who want to limit women's choices by banning abortion and closing clinics that provide no/low cost BC.

You don't hear pro-choicers talking about ending government programs that support women and children. In fact, pro-choicers talk about free/subsidized childcare, paid maternal leave and other programs that would encourage women to have that child rather than have an abortion.

Does the irony escape you?

Last edited by Annie53; 06-15-2019 at 03:32 PM..

Old 06-15-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Well, obviously, we should kill them. As one sharp mind put it a few pages back, they're bound to be "drains on the system."

Where have I heard rhetoric like that before? Oh, yes:
More deflection instead of offering viable solutions.

Old 06-15-2019, 03:28 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Children as punishment for women with "loose" morals.

Gotta love some of these "pro lifers". From what I've seen, pro-choicers sure seem to care about children more.
Pretty much. Dad doesn't factor in here at all to many of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies