Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 02:22 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
I understand it quite well. Why are they oxygenating the person? To keep them dead or to keep them alive? Very simple question.
They are dead, there is no keeping them alive. Brain dead is dead. Oxygenating a dead body does not make it alive.

Old 06-14-2019, 02:31 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
They are dead, there is no keeping them alive. Brain dead is dead. Oxygenating a dead body does not make it alive.
Ah, so they're not "oxygenating" the body to keep it alive? Then they're doing that to keep the body dead? Why are they placing the person life support?

Old 06-14-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Ah, so they're not "oxygenating" the body to keep it alive? Then they're doing that to keep the body dead? Why are they placing the person life support?
They are oxygenating the body to keep organs viable for transplant, or until next of kin can get there in some cases. In some cases they were put on life support before brain death and need a medical directive or next of kin to give permission to remove life support. But in none of those cases is a braid dead person somehow alive because machines are pumping the heart and putting oxygen into the body.

Brain death is legally dead.

Old 06-14-2019, 02:37 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,568,534 times
In 1729, Irish satirist Jonathan Swift had a solution and wrote the classic, A Modest Proposal:

I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old, a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled, and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a Fricassee, or Ragout.

It will prevent those voluntary abortions, and that horrid practice of women murdering their bastard children, alas! too frequent among us, sacrificing the poor innocent babes, more to avoid the expense, than the shame

Old 06-14-2019, 02:43 PM

62,885 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Ok it’s avoiding the responsibility of being responsible for the care and maintenance of a child for the next 18 years. When you know you are incapable. Adoption might take care of the parenting aspect but it doesn’t take care of a woman who doesn’t want anything growing inside her. All because she had sex? No one in America should be forced to remain pregnant against her will, nor have to labor and deliver a child. Then give it up or raise it against her will. I don’t care if she had sex for recreation,or her bc failed, or because she was raped
Contrary to my beliefs that the taxpayer shouldn't have to pay for someone else's mistakes there still are programs and support for children in need so one can't use that as an excuse today. Too bad that the mother doesn't want to be bothered to be a mother. In that case, adoption is the only answer, IMO. Too bad that she doesn't want a child growing inside of her (now it's called "something"). She made her choice before engaging in consensual sex. She made the choice to either have unprotected sex or to take a chance that the birth control might fail. The choice after that if she gets pregnant should be to give it up for adoption if she doesn't want it.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:21 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,592,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
In 1729, Irish satirist Jonathan Swift had a solution and wrote the classic, A Modest Proposal:

I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old, a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled, and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a Fricassee, or Ragout.

It will prevent those voluntary abortions, and that horrid practice of women murdering their bastard children, alas! too frequent among us, sacrificing the poor innocent babes, more to avoid the expense, than the shame
Idiocy, especially since cannibalism leads to kuru disease (in the same family as mad cow disease)

Old 06-14-2019, 03:22 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Cause that is a bogus argument and you know it... You are treating every pregnancy as a life threatening event when it isn't....
It has the potential to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I am not sure how much more it can move, either. At some point a fetus has to be too small to intubate. Idk where that is but looking up a 12 week fetus, for example, looks like it'd be pretty damn difficult. Intubation tubes can only be so small and the smaller a premature baby, the tougher it will be to successfully intubate and overall keep it alive.

Stages of development are stages of development. We can't make that move any faster, all we can do is help them breathe and provide other necessary care and hope for the best, really. If we can't even help them breathe, there's nothing else we can do.
The lungs at that stage are so underdeveloped that there is no way for them to breathe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Over a million childless couples wanting to adopt actual infants.

Why do you people always bring this foster care crap up? Foster children are not the result of forcing women to carry babies to term. They are the result of parents that have failed in one way or another to raise their children.
Do you want to create many more such parents by banning abortion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I also believe that it would be very practical if non-abortifacient birth control was included in a national healthcare plan for all Americans.
Define "non-abortifacient birth control", please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Are you kidding? Do you have any idea how many responsible adults are lining up to adopt or how much these adults are paying just to adopt a baby? BTW I doubt millions in any one year would be faced with the decision as to whether to keep their babies and how many might actually decide to keep their babies and to raise them.

Let me add, I do see reasons for abortion. If a moms life is at risk, which is rare, of course save mom and not baby: it the baby is totally damaged that is a totally different In fat my granddaughter, who is pro life was faced with this situation. She did decide to abort. Rape, honest rape that is, incest, a girl under 14, these are exceptions and only in the first trimester: certainly never in the 3rd trimester. At that stage it is murder.
The only fetal indication for termination in the third trimester is a condition incompatible with life after delivery. Do you really believe that a woman should be forced to carry a fetus for weeks when she knows it will die soon after birth anyway? The choice to do that or not should be hers.

No one is going to abort a healthy fetus in the third trimester.

Quote:
yes!!!!!!!!! Able to survive on its own, of course not but it is fully formed.
Absolutely not. For one there is no functioning lung tissue capable of exchanging oxygen. Even well into the third trimester the lungs are not fully functional.

Quote:
All I have to say, is: look at your source: not a very reliable one. As for using birth control and still getting pregnant, it is very rare unless you are on birth control and just forget to use it . This is something I know a little bit about. Anyone can say anything, just because it is reported does not mean it is true.
Half the women who seek abortion were using contraception in the cycle in which they conceived. Not all of those were user failures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
I don't know exactly when that is.
No one does. It is not a biological question. It is a legal one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Choices that matter to "Prolifers"
Abstinence
Birth control
Motherhood
Adoption

Choices that matter to "ProChoicers"
Abortion
Choices that matter to "ProChoicers"
Abstinence
Birth control
Motherhood
Adoption
Abortion

Quote:
Perhaps if blacks weren't targeted so heavily for abortion, there would be more black families today who would be open to adopting black babies.
Someone is snatching pregnant black women off the streets and making them have abortions? Really?

Perhaps if more poor black women had access to long acting methods of contraception there would be fewer black women seeking abortions.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:22 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,592,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Contrary to my beliefs that the taxpayer shouldn't have to pay for someone else's mistakes there still are programs and support for children in need so one can't use that as an excuse today. Too bad that the mother doesn't want to be bothered to be a mother. In that case, adoption is the only answer, IMO. Too bad that she doesn't want a child growing inside of her (now it's called "something"). She made her choice before engaging in consensual sex. She made the choice to either have unprotected sex or to take a chance that the birth control might fail. The choice after that if she gets pregnant should be to give it up for adoption if she doesn't want it.
Nope

Old 06-14-2019, 03:32 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
More than 19 million Black babies have been aborted since the 1973 Roe v. Wade U.S. Supreme Court decision legalized abortion in our country.

36.0% of all abortions in the U.S. in 2014 were performed on Black women, however, only about 13.3% of the total population is Black

Black women have a significantly higher abortion rate than Whites and Hispanics. African-Americans are no longer the nation’s largest minority group. Today, Hispanics have outpaced Blacks in population growth. For every 1,000 live births, non-Hispanic Black women had 391 abortions. Non-Hispanic White women had 120 abortions per 1,000 live births.

There's a genocide going on for those who can see. Those that can't see? Promote abortion to poor women at every possible turn pretending they are "helping."

The most dangerous place for a black baby is in his/her mother's womb.

Michigan Statistics

Black women had 12,789 of the 25,757 abortions performed on Michigan residents in 2017. (Of the total 26,594 reported abortions in Michigan in 2017, 837 were performed on non-residents and 25,757 were performed on residents).

While Black women make up only about 14% of Michigan’s female population,
they had 50.6% of all abortions reported in the state in 2017.

96.2% of Black women having abortions are not married.

https://rtl.org/multicultural-outrea...on-statistics/

Last edited by newtovenice; 06-14-2019 at 03:50 PM..

Old 06-14-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
More than 19 million Black babies have been aborted since the 1973 Roe v. Wade U.S. Supreme Court decision legalized abortion in our country.

36.0% of all abortions in the U.S. in 2014 were performed on Black women, however, only about 13.3% of the total population is Black

Black women have a significantly higher abortion rate than Whites and Hispanics. African-Americans are no longer the nation’s largest minority group. Today, Hispanics have outpaced Blacks in population growth. For every 1,000 live births, non-Hispanic Black women had 391 abortions. Non-Hispanic White women had 120 abortions per 1,000 live births.

There's a genocide going on for those who can see. Those that can't see? Promote abortion to poor women at every possible turn pretending they are "helping."

The most dangerous place for a black baby is in his/her mother's womb.

Michigan Statistics

Black women had 12,789 of the 25,757 abortions performed on Michigan residents in 2017. (Of the total 26,594 reported abortions in Michigan in 2017, 837 were performed on non-residents and 25,757 were performed on residents).

While Black women make up only about 14% of Michigan’s female population,
they had 50.6% of all abortions reported in the state in 2017.

96.2% of Black women having abortions are not married.

https://rtl.org/multicultural-outrea...on-statistics/
And?
Black women have the right to make their own choices just like any other woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies