Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 03:01 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,515,015 times

Advertisements

Welcome to Blighty Mr President.
Just to warn you the usual woke snowflakes are outraged by your visit.
And the Marxist leader of Her Majesty's Opposition has refused to meet you.
But as the official leader of our biggest friend and ally you'll be pleased to know a great many people here are delighted to see you.
We're all so bored by Brexit we need some fun in our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2019, 03:04 AM

5,793 posts, read 5,113,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
But as the official leader of our biggest friend and ally you'll be pleased to know a great many people here are delighted to see you.
Brexit is the us way to weaken Europe.

Old 06-01-2019, 03:35 AM

27,202 posts, read 13,489,086 times
Quote:
Trump doesn't arrive in the UK until the 3rd June, which is this Monday, he will stay until the 5th June before headng to France.

Donald Trump UK visit: All you need to know - BBC News

Donald Trump's UK visit: What's he bringing with him? - BBC News

Old 06-01-2019, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I know.
My post is what's known as a scene-setter.

Old 06-01-2019, 03:41 AM

27,202 posts, read 13,489,086 times
Quote:
I know.
My post is what's known as a scene-setter.
Not much of a scene to set, indeed most people in England are currently more interested in the European final tonight between Spurs and Liverpool than Trump's impeding visit.

Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool - BBC Sport

Old 06-01-2019, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Not much of a scene to set, indeed most people in England are currently more interested in the European final tonight between Spurs and Liverpool than Trump's impeding visit.

Our American posters probably have less interest in what you consider to be important.
Trump is going to dominate the news on both sides of the pond when he arrives on Monday.
Indeed he's already making headlines with his interview about Boris in the Sun.
Consider this your amuse-bouche.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:18 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,203,340 times
Quote:

I got a taste of that. I live on the Continent and there are a lot of English ex-pats in my town. Almost every day on may way into my favorite cafe for morning coffee I pass the same English ex-pat who always sits just outside the entrance with mutt. After a good number of years now we know a fair amount about each other and usually exchange some brief chatty remarks.

I mentioned The Donald arriving in the UK in a few days for his state visit, and in line with Brave New World's comment this fellow said, "Yeah, yeah, but the final...the final is..." and on he went.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
I got a taste of that. I live on the Continent and there are a lot of English ex-pats in my town. Almost every day on may way into my favorite cafe for morning coffee I pass the same English ex-pat who always sits just outside the entrance with mutt. After a good number of years now we know a fair amount about each other and usually exchange some brief chatty remarks.

I mentioned The Donald arriving in the UK in a few days for his state visit, and in line with Brave New World's comment this fellow said, "Yeah, yeah, but the final...the final is..." and on he went.
Don't get me wrong.I love the footy and my entire day today is being planned around being in my favourite stool in my local supping a cool pint and watching the game.
But,you know,it's not the only thing occupying people's minds.
Thousands of Sandalistas are brushing off their Birkenstocks and packing their sun-dried tomato and haloumi cheese wraps for a busy week of stamping their feet and virtue-signalling against Trump's visit.
Trump is the President of our most important ally and a long-time trading partner and whatever you think about him the office he stands for and the country he represents should be respected.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:48 AM

1,877 posts, read 678,753 times
What have you got against halloumi?

Old 06-01-2019, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Not much of a scene to set
Woody the ambassador doesn't appear to think so ...

https://twitter.com/USAmbUK/status/1134492785736916994
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies