Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 12:58 PM

1,031 posts, read 640,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Yeah?

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...nds-ammunition

So what are these? Scotch mist?
The IRS’s firearms and ammunition are used primarily by its Criminal Investigation (CI) unit, which is manned by 2,148 federal law enforcement officers. But some of it is also used by the IRS’s Police Officer Section, which includes only 9 federal law enforcement officers.

Ok...

the IRS has special police that carry guns but the IRS agent that files and serves paperwork does not Point guns at people and demand payment of tax debt!

LOL

What a great example of how propaganda works

people can claim the IRS has guns

and uses them to collect tax debts

but the fact is it's ONLY police carry guns and they use them to protect themselves when they're in a criminal investigation...

IRS =NO GUN

POLICE= GUNS

Nice try
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Well, if I have the right to "keep my money", that means other people have the right to "keep their money" -- and if all that takes place, then we'd have no higher authority to appeal to if somebody reneges on their contract. Wouldn't that mean that rights belong only to those strong enough, smart enough, or brave enough to assert them?* Sounds to me like a recipe for warlordism. In that case, the stronger and/or bigger will simply swallow up the weaker groups - and we're right back to square one, if not worse.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" comes to mind.

*Note well I said the other two before I said 'brave" - as no amount of bravery will be enough if you don't have the strength or smarts in the first place.

The only reason you have any money a home a wife children and any assets whatsoever is because hard-working honest people paid their taxes for hundreds of years and built the society in which you can safely live work play and INVEST Within

Buy a boat
Sail Out to international waters
and you can keep all your money

Unless somebody shows up with a gun and takes it away from you

Luckily you live in a civilized society where someone can't show up with a gun and take all your assets (like your home)

because

you can call the police and they will come protect you and your Investments

because people pay taxes in a modern civilized society and that protects us all

Old 06-30-2019, 01:11 PM

consider this example

I own real estate and rent property

the reason I bought my real estate in the USA is because it has a good stable democratic government

If I bought my real estate in Somalia I would have no recourse if someone decided to move in and take it over

a government of by and for the people protects us all and encourages investment

without a police force to kick out squatters I would have no recourse except to try to evict them myself or hire some private group of armed mercenaries to do it for me... however they might turn around and take my asset

That could easily turn into a firefight that would endanger us all

once again the only reason people have the safe opportunity to invest in our country is because we have a well-organized well-run tax-funded government

without that no one would be buying property because any gang with a rifle could run in there and take it away from you

just like Somalia

Old 06-30-2019, 01:20 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,281,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
The IRS’s firearms and ammunition are used primarily by its Criminal Investigation (CI) unit, which is manned by 2,148 federal law enforcement officers. But some of it is also used by the IRS’s Police Officer Section, which includes only 9 federal law enforcement officers.

Ok...

the IRS has special police that carry guns but the IRS agent that files and serves paperwork does not Point guns at people and demand payment of tax debt!

LOL

but the fact is it's ONLY police carry guns and they use them to protect themselves when they're in a criminal investigation...

IRS =NO GUN

POLICE= GUNS

Nice try
Sure, when you redesignate federal IRS agents as law enforcement, then of course only "Police" (law enforcement) carrys guns.

Like if I redesignate small monkeys to mean the Dallas Cowgirls, then the Dallas Cowboys only has small monkeys as cheerleaders.

However only the certifiably moronic would believe that the Dallas Cowboys have small monkeys as cheerleaders, and only the certifiably moronic would believe the metric s**t ton of guano you're spewing.

Old 06-30-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Sure, when you redesignate federal IRS agents as law enforcement, then of course only "Police" (law enforcement) carrys guns.

Like if I redesignate small monkeys to mean the Dallas Cowgirls, then the Dallas Cowboys only has small monkeys as cheerleaders.

However only the certifiably moronic would believe that the Dallas Cowboys have small monkeys as cheerleaders, and only the certifiably moronic would believe the metric s**t ton of guano you're spewing.
Wait a minute

Let me get this straight

you actually believe the IRS agents carry guns and demand tax payment at gunpoint?

I like your monkey/cheerleader analogy though

that's priceless

really explains a lot about the moderation around here...

https://youtu.be/2BV8OBj0FZE

Old 06-30-2019, 03:27 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,586,913 times
Quote:

Ok...

LOL

IRS =NO GUN

POLICE= GUNS

Nice try
Have you stopped paying taxes yet?

Put your money where your mouth is.

Old 06-30-2019, 03:29 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,586,913 times
Quote:
Wait a minute

Let me get this straight

you actually believe the IRS agents carry guns and demand tax payment at gunpoint?

I like your monkey/cheerleader analogy though

that's priceless

really explains a lot about the moderation around here...

https://youtu.be/2BV8OBj0FZE
Yes! It’s not a belief. It’s a fact.

Old 06-30-2019, 04:26 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,607,082 times
Quote:
consider this example

I own real estate and rent property

the reason I bought my real estate in the USA is because it has a good stable democratic government

If I bought my real estate in Somalia I would have no recourse if someone decided to move in and take it over

a government of by and for the people protects us all and encourages investment

without a police force to kick out squatters I would have no recourse except to try to evict them myself or hire some private group of armed mercenaries to do it for me... however they might turn around and take my asset

That could easily turn into a firefight that would endanger us all

once again the only reason people have the safe opportunity to invest in our country is because we have a well-organized well-run tax-funded government

without that no one would be buying property because any gang with a rifle could run in there and take it away from you

just like Somalia
Just a bit of trivia here ...
Did you know for the first 140 years of the America (1776-1916) there was virtually no direct taxation on American citizens?
Also ...
On January 1, 1835, president Andrew Jackson paid off the entire national debt, the only time in U.S. history that has been accomplished.

Things That Make You Go Hmmmm....

Old 07-02-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Have you stopped paying taxes yet?

Put your money where your mouth is.
why would I do that?

I'm here warning all of you that paying your taxes supports the civilized Society we all enjoy and are comfortable investing in

I think paying your taxes is a good thing

perhaps you should have someone read the thread to you

I remember when my father didn't pay the taxes on a home I own

he was living there and supposed to be taking care of it

The property slid into seizure and I was served paperwork numerous times

no one ever pulled a gun on me and demanded payment

Had i chained myself to the bathroom sink they would have used boltcutters...no guns

Old 07-03-2019, 02:40 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,281,580 times
Quote:
why would I do that?

I'm here warning all of you that paying your taxes supports the civilized Society we all enjoy and are comfortable investing in

I think paying your taxes is a good thing

perhaps you should have someone read the thread to you

I remember when my father didn't pay the taxes on a home I own

he was living there and supposed to be taking care of it

The property slid into seizure and I was served paperwork numerous times

no one ever pulled a gun on me and demanded payment

Had i chained myself to the bathroom sink they would have used boltcutters...no guns
If you think paying taxes was a good thing, have you offered to pay a gift to the IRS? I know we went through a period of "less is more" but truthfully more is always more, and there's never too much of a good thing.

Sure act like a thrall and you have less issues, like being mugged, if you just hand over your valuables your risk of being hurt is significantly lower than resisting. Especially if you don't question the validity of the claims on your property.

Did you get a "good puppy" and a pat on the head for being so accommodating?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies