Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you disclose to a stranger/pollster if you vote for Trump In 2020? Trump supporter poll only!
Yes 42 41.58%
No 59 58.42%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 10:55 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times

Advertisements

Please get me the phone numbers for pollsters and I WILL CALL THEM to let them know I voted for President Trump. Covfefe baby.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:59 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
I doubt this is true. I'm a Trump supporter and I will always answer truthfully when someone asks. Plus people really don't ask around here since I'm an assimilated Asian American and around here, unless you're black or an UN-assimilated minority or gay, people already assume you're a Republican and Trump supporter. People sometimes know I'm a Trump fan from my bumper stickers and my MAGA hat.....nobody here in Louisiana ever confronts me.

But when I'm outside the South I've been questioned by random people both whites and minorities why I can support Trump being a person of color. Always liberals obsessed about racial identity.

The only times I've heard of people hiding their pro-Trump views is within the black community and black families. One of my best friends is from a Black British background (parents from Nigeria) and was not raised on racial politics but his sister was raised mostly in the US and went to a HBCU and was radicalized into the African American mentality and gave my friend hell for voting for Trump and questioned whether he was black. This sister who assimilated into the African American Democrat mentality was also the only person in his family who was against him getting married to a white girl.

I also know some gay people who would not admit to others in the LGBT community for being pro-Trump, just like I know some gay men and women who would confide to straight friends that they don't believe in the transgender and transsexual stuff (like Gwyneth Paltrow raising her son as a girl BS) but will never admit that to other LGBT people.

I do know a handful of liberals in both Louisiana and West Virginia who would not admit to their family that they did NOT vote for Trump.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:03 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
The ONE exception I know of to my post.......is actually my mom, a LEGAL Asian immigrant. She voted for Trump but told a pollster on the phone she was voting for Hillary because she wanted to give Hillary false hope and underestimate Trump, which she indeed did!!!! Also she gives in a Northeast state which is far more liberal than Louisiana and she doesn't like to admit to coworkers that she's a Trump supporter. The Asian American population is a lot more pro-Trump than the media would have you believe. Now most of my friends are non-Asian but as far as I know at least in the Louisiana Asian community its perfectly acceptable to be openly conservative and Republican, unlike in the black community.

Hispanics in Louisiana tend to be more assimilated and pro-Trump than in Maryland where they are more into the Dreamer/identity politics thing. Nearly every Hispanic I know who was born in the US and assimilated into American culture supports Trump and recognizes that illegal immigration must be stopped and the border must be protected.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:54 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
I'd say yes, I have nothing to be afraid of. Almost everyone I know is pro-Trump 2020, anyway...except for a liberal Democrat social worker brother in-law in Portland (no surprise there). It's not like he could do anything to retaliate, he's too hopeless.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:54 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
I should have made this poll public as I bet many votes came from anti trumpers.

Today is another beautiful day in Florida, especially a great day in Orlando where the President will announce his run for 2020.

Best President in my adult life time!

Old 06-18-2019, 06:01 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
No, I would never disclose my opinion to a pollster.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:05 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
I still tell everyone I'm voting for Jesse Jackson.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:10 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
I wish a pollster would call me. I would gladly tell them I voted for Trump and how his victory was the happiest day of my life. I would tell what I liked and didn't like about his first term. I will tell them that I will proudly vote for him again unless we attack Iran.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:11 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
What an odd question.

What is the reason for the hesitancy?

Political polling is completely anonymous. How would family or friends know how anyone responded to any phone or online poll?
Responses are grouped together without any identifying information other than the usual demographics (age, gender, income, etc.)

People give away more personal information when they do those ubiquitous quizzes on Facebook.

The level of paranoia around polling is really...weird.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:20 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times
Depends on my mood at the time I answer.

I might proudly declare Trump

Or I may have some fun and name another candidate Ll the while I will vote for Trump regardless.

It depends if I felt like triggering the pollster or participating in undermining their efforts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies