Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 08:57 AM

2,448 posts, read 893,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Most Democrats who are not raging leftists are quite unaware of the extent of most of the issues you mentioned, as they are uninformed by the so-called MSM. Most Democrats I know have no clue about the reality of illegal immigration, the extent of the abortion industry, or a whole host of other issues and are always very surprised and don't believe the facts when I educated them, until after they go and independently verify them.
That is less and less true. As the generational shift of power within the party leadership and among the party faithful occurs, more and more Dems are knowledgeable and into these things. The thing they never like to talk about is the fact that Blacks and native born/legal immigrant Latinos aren't really into all the LGBT and rights for illegal immigrants stuff. It's all about turnout and how motivated would Blacks be to show up for "Mayor Pete" or Elizabeth Warren?

It's never wise to take anything for granted and Dems are taking for granted that Latinos will obviously show up and vote for whomever the Dems throw up there. I doubt that's how it will play out in a general election and I know that Blacks will show up in disappointing percentages if they go with Hillary 2.0 in Warren or mst of the other candidates.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:04 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
They will all move to Calf. when they need free health care !!!

They are temporary residents of Tx. !!!

Old 06-21-2019, 09:05 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Texas was Mexico.

The Southern Baptist church did a study when I was very young about when whites would be the minority in Texas. IIRC ithe study was around 1966. I was living in Galveston and had a neighbor who was a deacon He talked about it all the time.

They were right. I thought at the time I'd be an old woman when that day came.
White non Hispanic folks have made up less than fifty percent of the Texas population since 2005. I moved to Texas in the 1990s and knew from the get go that we were headed for majority/minority statehood and within a few years BAM there we were.

It has never bothered me. However, I also feel that Texas will soon become a Democratic state, and that is when I will move. It's not a matter of ethnicity - it's a matter of politics to me. But then, I don't really like Republicans either so there's that...

Old 06-21-2019, 09:08 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
It's already happening in the UK, where students have to go on mandatory trips to the local mosques . They also have lgbtq sex Ed to learn at school which is mandatory. The UK Muslims were pulling their kids out of schools because of that. All others will probably be reported to child protective services to take their kids away. Britain is just more progressive than us but this will make it's way to the US eventually if it hasn't already. I think Cali already mandates learning about gay anal fisting in sex Ed classes for middle School students.
my sarcastic post was taken seriously and this person with our great leader's name took it seriously... thanks for making my day and make me laugh today

Old 06-21-2019, 09:09 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Mexico will eventually conquer Texas without firing a shot. You have to give the devil his due a brilliant long term strategy by the Raza Unida Party crowd.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06...ite-residents/
Good

Old 06-21-2019, 09:21 AM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Its Texas your already there. As is New Mexico, Arizona, California, and Florida. Our local foods, roads, parks, bridges, statues, and customs that are Hispanic. I live in a city that has a complete section (Tampa, FL) devoted to Hispanic Heritage and our cigar making roots that the Cubans and other brought here. Heck our most famous food is the Cuban Sandwich.

I guess it just depends on where you live in the US but this influence has always been there.
Right -- and the last time I checked, Texas seemed to be doing fine thanks to the hard working and God fearing folks that do most of the work.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:36 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
That is less and less true. As the generational shift of power within the party leadership and among the party faithful occurs, more and more Dems are knowledgeable and into these things. The thing they never like to talk about is the fact that Blacks and native born/legal immigrant Latinos aren't really into all the LGBT and rights for illegal immigrants stuff. It's all about turnout and how motivated would Blacks be to show up for "Mayor Pete" or Elizabeth Warren?

It's never wise to take anything for granted and Dems are taking for granted that Latinos will obviously show up and vote for whomever the Dems throw up there. I doubt that's how it will play out in a general election and I know that Blacks will show up in disappointing percentages if they go with Hillary 2.0 in Warren or mst of the other candidates.
Well, anecdotally, the Democrats I know are not very aware of current events and do not understand the extent of what we're talking about on this forum, for example. The everyday people who don't follow events as closely as we do, are almost completely unaware of the extent of the immigration crisis for example. This applies to people of all backgrounds equally, from my experience. Therefore, it isn't a stretch to hypothesize that Latinos coming in who are going to be Democrats, as the OP states, are not going to pay close attention or understand the issues either. Therefore, the extreme issues such as transgender issues are not going to be front and center on their radars.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:14 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,389,895 times
It’s easy to pop out a bunch of kids when you don’t have to pay for anything.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:19 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'd be willing to bet that a good many of these Hispanics moving to Texas are illegal aliens or the offspring of illegal aliens. The same thing is happening all over the southwest and is spreading everywhere else. With the continued influx of illegal alien Hispanics they will never fully assimilate. They are adamant about speaking Spanish everywhere even if they know how to speak English. We will become culturally Hispanic if this doesn't stop.
You know absolutely nothing about Hispanic culture. That fact is blatantly evident in your posts.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:46 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
White non Hispanic folks have made up less than fifty percent of the Texas population since 2005. I moved to Texas in the 1990s and knew from the get go that we were headed for majority/minority statehood and within a few years BAM there we were.

It has never bothered me. However, I also feel that Texas will soon become a Democratic state, and that is when I will move. It's not a matter of ethnicity - it's a matter of politics to me. But then, I don't really like Republicans either so there's that...
How funny. we are moving because Texas is so conservative. Nawh, it is not conservative, it's nutz.

There was a time in Texas when Democrats were kinda like northern Republicans. Texas was one of then first states to pass the Equal Rights Amendment. There is no longer a Republican Party . It is the Trump Party.

Neither party would claim me, nor I them.

I'm looking for one where all citizens are treated equally even if I don't like their lifestyle. They have the same rights that I do.

And a political party whose members, especially those who are elected, know how to add and subtract.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies