Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 10:50 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You cant even defend your own argument without implying I'm a racist for disagreeing with you. I'm done here...although I should have just ignored your ignorance from the start. Good luck with this train wreck of a thread.

And I'll politely tell you to check yourself on the TOS of this forum about personal attacks before you predictably attack me and call me racist again when you reply to me here. Enjoy feeling like you somehow won because you got the last word.

good night.
Of course you’re done here because your hypocrisy has been called out. Discussing racist behavior by whites apparently offends you. You hollered twice in this thread because YOU made personal attacks after you couldn’t hold your own. What were you saying about a dog peeing down its own leg? You’re doing that right now and trying to play the victim.

Old 06-27-2019, 04:26 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No one is performing "abortion up to birth". What the New York law did was to prevent accusing a doctor who delivered a fetus early for maternal reasons of doing an illegal abortion if the fetus did not survive. That might happen due to immaturity or if the fetus was compromised by the maternal condition.

Third trimester abortions are only done if the fetus has a condition which is not survivable after delivery.

Your "facts" are not facts.
It's been interesting watching the defense of the New York law evolve. As you know it allows abortion up to point of birth for "health" reasons of the Mother which as you should know from Doe V Bolton means "physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman’s age—relevant to the well being of the patient". So effectively abortion on demand until point of birth.

It may well be the case that no one is doing this(until someone inevitably does), but there is no disputing what the law allows.

Your suggestion of what the law does is just the latest in a long line of distorted attempts to defend the indefensible. Your suggestion is pure fantasy.

Old 06-27-2019, 05:11 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Of course you’re done here because your hypocrisy has been called out. Discussing racist behavior by whites apparently offends you. You hollered twice in this thread because YOU made personal attacks after you couldn’t hold your own. What were you saying about a dog peeing down its own leg? You’re doing that right now and trying to play the victim.
It is indeed odd that blacks seem to think themselves exempt from racism and feel free to make racist statements.

"Racism" is not a one way street.

I am a pro-abortion conservative. Why? Fewer democrats and liberals; the majority of these abortions would grow to be democrats, so abortion is not such a bad thing. It has nothing to do with race, however, it is more about the economic/political demographic of those who have a disproportionate use of abortion. White, black, Hispanic, Asian......whatever.............. have all the abortions you want. Have two or three if you like.

Old 06-27-2019, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
It's been interesting watching the defense of the New York law evolve. As you know it allows abortion up to point of birth for "health" reasons of the Mother which as you should know from Doe V Bolton means "physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman’s age—relevant to the well being of the patient". So effectively abortion on demand until point of birth.

It may well be the case that no one is doing this(until someone inevitably does), but there is no disputing what the law allows.

Your suggestion of what the law does is just the latest in a long line of distorted attempts to defend the indefensible. Your suggestion is pure fantasy.
It is not abortion demand. The decision as to the health of the mother is left to the professional judgment is the physician. So are you stating that NY physicians are all simply going to grant abortions without doing proper evaluations? If so, what is your basis for accusing all NY physicians in this area of practice of unethical behavior?

Old 06-27-2019, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It is indeed odd that blacks seem to think themselves exempt from racism and feel free to make racist statements.

"Racism" is not a one way street.

I am a pro-abortion conservative. Why? Fewer democrats and liberals; the majority of these abortions would grow to be democrats, so abortion is not such a bad thing. It has nothing to do with race, however, it is more about the economic/political demographic of those who have a disproportionate use of abortion. White, black, Hispanic, Asian......whatever.............. have all the abortions you want. Have two or three if you like.
Of course racism isn’t a one-way street. Don’t be upset because someone pointed out a racist viewpoint that many whites attempt to push on blacks with regard to the Hispanic population. It has even come from the top.

Great that you have such a view. I share it as well. However, the question in the article is whether there is a race-related motive behind the new anti-choice surge. Most of the push is out of the white community, not others. With all of the emphasis placed on whites becoming a minority, perhaps some people are looking to restrict abortion. So my question is whether you believe the argument in the article that has any merit?

Old 06-27-2019, 05:37 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Of course racism isn’t a one-way street. Don’t be upset because someone pointed out a racist viewpoint that many whites attempt to push on blacks with regard to the Hispanic population. It has even come from the top.

Great that you have such a view. I share it as well. However, the question in the article is whether there is a race-related motive behind the new anti-choice surge. Most of the push is out of the white community, not others. With all of the emphasis placed on whites becoming a minority, perhaps some people are looking to restrict abortion. So my question is whether you believe the argument in the article that has any merit?
I really, really doubt that anyone thinks about macro issues, such as an impact on increasing or decreasing the representation of one's race, when making a decision about abortion.

I am sure that such decisions are driven principally by the economic or immediate social situation of the women in question. With such a high stress decision, few have the luxury or time to consider broader political implications of their decisions.

Quite frankly, your suggestion that the anti-abortion movement is one fueled to increase the representation of whites in America is the very first time I have ever heard this notion. Such a pursuit, if that is the desired outcome, would produce the opposite effect. Anyone who was actually seeking this outcome (more whites in the US) would take the time to examine the math and understand that preventing abortions would not achieve their desired goal. Thus I doubt one would expend time and treasure to aggressively pursue a policy which would yield the opposite result they desire.

One would think, however, with all the parents who want to adopt looking overseas to adopt a child, that nearly all of the children not aborted (in the absence of severe medical problems) would be adopted. I know of couples that could not seem to get a kid from the US who then adopted Korean, Chinese, African, and Russian kids.

PS- Hitler tried eugenics. It is scientifically impossible to wipe out the genetic record of a race, no matter how hard one tries.

Old 06-27-2019, 05:58 AM

5,110 posts, read 2,052,447 times
I couldn't resist to play the devil's advocate here by reading the title of this thread.
"60% of the 1.6 million abortions annually in the US are for white women."

Could you imagine the reactions if it was instead titled "60% of the 1.6 million abortions annually in the US are for black/latino/jew women."? I think they're would be lots of triggering or having some heads exploding, figurative meaning not litteraly like that scene from the movie "Scanners".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0FnfGblLr8

Old 06-27-2019, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I really, really doubt that anyone thinks about macro issues, such as an impact on increasing or decreasing the representation of one's race, when making a decision about abortion.

I am sure that such decisions are driven principally by the economic or immediate social situation of the women in question. With such a high stress decision, few have the luxury or time to consider broader political implications of their decisions.

Quite frankly, your suggestion that the anti-abortion movement is one fueled to increase the representation of whites in America is the very first time I have ever heard this notion. Such a pursuit, if that is the desired outcome, would produce the opposite effect. Anyone who was actually seeking this outcome (more whites in the US) would take the time to examine the math and understand that preventing abortions would not achieve their desired goal. Thus I doubt one would expend time and treasure to aggressively pursue a policy which would yield the opposite result they desire.

One would think, however, with all the parents who want to adopt looking overseas to adopt a child, that nearly all of the children not aborted (in the absence of severe medical problems) would be adopted. I know of couples that could not seem to get a kid from the US who then adopted Korean, Chinese, African, and Russian kids.

PS- Hitler tried eugenics. It is scientifically impossible to wipe out the genetic record of a race, no matter how hard one tries.
Let’s clarify a couple things.

My view is that the abortion is a largely religious issue and that the limitation of is a violation of church and state. I have expressed that time and time again on this forum.

However, I found the article interesting as it was posted on another site. Posted it here to see what others thought about it. It was titled the same way.

Agree with you. It’s shameful how many children are in the foster care system yet people are so anti-abortion. I wonder about that though. Is it the difficulty of our adoptive process? International adoption is often difficult as well. It makes me wonder if we don’t value our American children as much.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:11 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,396,357 times
Quote:
Again, it’s racist to you to point out white racism. Go ahead and take your survey though.

Trump wants to pit black Americans against Latino immigrants. Don’t fall for it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...low-wage-trump
So when no one bought your original bogus argument to show that conservatives are racist you just change the subject completely and post a different article implying the same thing?

Old 06-27-2019, 06:12 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
With this country’s and the world’s response to climate change spelling mass destruction I would encourage all pregnant women to abort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies