Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 04:44 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Harris attented Westmount High School in Westmount, Quebec. I didn't know they had forced school busing in Canada?

Fact is the majority of blacks students and parents hated forced busing because it took them away from their Black community and took sometimes hours back and forth on the bus. And actually some whites felt the same way.
Frankly, who in their right mind would want some long commute to and from school? Especially if it interfered with activities, ability to participate in things etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 04:45 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Kamala Harris sells suckers 'That little girl was me' T-shirt online for $30

With all due respect, may I ask what name you give to the customers who purchase the following featured products from the official Trump Store at the Trump/Pence campaign site?

LIMITED Edition NO COLLUSION Mug
$30.00

Veterans for Trump Tee
$35.00

Official Donald Trump Make America Great Again Hat - Red
$25.00

Make America Great Again Women's Swimsuit
$55.00

MAGA Men's Swim Shorts
$55.00

Build The Wall & Crime Will Fall Bumper Sticker - Set of 2
$5.00

Firefighters for Trump and Law Enforcement for Trump Hats
$60.00

Official Trump Tee - White
$20.00

LIMITED Edition NO COLLUSION Beverage Coolers - Set of 2
$8.00

LIMITED Edition NO COLLUSION Decal
$9.00

MAGA Dog Collar
$15.00

Presidential Medal
$45.00

Trump-Pence 45 Beach Towel
$65.00

LIMITED Edition WITCH HUNT Mug
$30.00

Trump Pence Pet Leash
$16.00

These are just the featured items...there are many more.

HA HA HA! Harris sells one t-shirt and the RWNJ's go insane.

Old 06-29-2019, 04:51 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
LOL, you went from Beta/Harris 2020 to now Harris/Pete as your new dream ticket?

Assuming your main goal is beating Trump in 2020, you might want to pick a ticket that has a chance in hell of winning.
Two leftist radicals with one being a homosexual with a "husband", is hardly a ticket the American people would embrace. Heck you'd probably be better off with Beta on the ticket, as he is least more alpha than Pete.
Then again Warren is probably more alpha than either one of those men.
Why are you not sweet on her?
I was going to ignore you, as I usually do. But, I will say...

I have the ability to be thoughtful about candidates and change my opinions about who I want to support. It’s kind of the opposite of being a Trump fan, it appears. Beto really disappointed me during the debate, and I lost faith in him.

Also, if you’re going to refer back to my posts (and my statuses, which seems to be your thing), please get it correct. I’ve been on Team Buttigieg for quite a while now.

Old 06-29-2019, 04:53 PM

830 posts, read 487,060 times
The quote in the OP says that the shirt makes Kamala's sentiment seem orchestrated. Well, of course it was orchestrated. She had that dramatic quote well rehearsed going into the debates, to stir up people's passions about racial identity in the US. Expect to see much more of this kind of signaling from the Democrats as the campaigns continue.

Old 06-29-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
The quote in the OP says that the shirt makes Kamala's sentiment seem orchestrated. Well, of course it was orchestrated. She had that dramatic quote well rehearsed going into the debates, to stir up people's passions about racial identity in the US. Expect to see much more of this kind of signaling from the Democrats as the campaigns continue.
Planning is something to be desired. I know Trump flies off the seat of his pants, but some people like candidates who are thoughtful about their actions and words.

Old 06-29-2019, 04:59 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
Yes, because no Republican has ever practiced a soundbite for the debate stage to get their supporters fired up. Every single candidate does that. Every. Single. One.

You guys are really going off the rails with Harris. She must scare you.

Old 06-29-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yes, because no Republican has ever practiced a soundbite for the debate stage to get their supporters fired up. Every single candidate does that. Every. Single. One.

You guys are really going off the rails with Harris. She must scare you.
She terrifies them—and Trump. That’s why the attacks are going to be off the charts.

Get ready!

Old 06-29-2019, 05:38 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
That’s your call.... no worries.
I am pretty sure some of her supporters would not only buy it... they’d wear it.
They might buy it to support her cause, but seriously, what aesthetic value does a picture of a little girl in that pose do for anyone?

Lets reverse the roles and say there was a picture of a little Ronald Reagan tee shirt. Even if I liked Reagan, I would not wear a tee shirt of him as a little kid, even if I were offered to be paid to do so.

`

Old 06-29-2019, 05:42 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
They might buy it to support her cause, but seriously, what aesthetic value does a picture of a little girl in that pose do for anyone?

Lets reverse the roles and say there was a picture of a little Ronald Reagan tee shirt. Even if I liked Reagan, I would not wear a tee shirt of him as a little kid, even if I were offered to be paid to do so.
`
Are you a Kamala Harris supporter? Then, no, of course it would have no value to you. Just like a MAGA hat has none for me.

Geesh, you guys are really having a hard time with this very simple concept. No wonder you love Trump. He speaks in slogans and single syllable three word sentences. Much easier for you guys to comprehend.

Old 06-29-2019, 05:52 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I was going to ignore you, as I usually do. But, I will say...

I have the ability to be thoughtful about candidates and change my opinions about who I want to support. It’s kind of the opposite of being a Trump fan, it appears. Beto really disappointed me during the debate, and I lost faith in him.

Also, if you’re going to refer back to my posts (and my statuses, which seems to be your thing), please get it correct. I’ve been on Team Buttigieg for quite a while now.

There is very little I remember about you other than you are a far leftist and seem to support some kooky people and/or ideas in my view.
So my remembering you is not so much from a particular post, rather your status where you had Beta/Harris (and if I remember correctly) you had it reversed to Harris/Beta as well. Now maybe it was related to a particular thread or discussion we were having, but ultimately that was your dream ticket, and for lack of a better way to put it, I called you out on it. I am essentially doing the same thing now. Not so much because you cannot have an opinion that differs from mine, but you seem to be guided by an emotion based process that blinds you to flaws/weaknesses of those with whom you are enamored with.

Yes Beta being the light weight that he is, faulted in the debate. But that was predictable back when I made mention of your previous dream ticket.
When your current dream ticket falters, maybe you will start to look to me as a spiritual guru, and inquire whom not to support next time.

As an FYI - I did not vote for Trump during the primaries, and had some serious doubts about his ability to keep his foot out of his mouth.
But it became evident he was able to speak to the average Americans concerns much better than most other (R's) running for potus.
So while we are all capable of backing the wrong horse, I was not part of the never-Trump crowd, and became aware he had a better shot of beating Hillary well before many others did.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies