Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2019, 08:18 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times

Advertisements

I can't help but think of Otto Wambier's family. It must make them sick to their stomach to see how Trump fawns of Kim Jung Un. It really is difficult to stomach seeing the President ignoring what Kim Jung Un did to that man.

It's like seeing him and the Saudi Royals.

It is disturbing.

It isn't that he's 'cordial' or polite - he practically is gushing about his friendship with these brutal killers.

I totally support his efforts to try and secure a real deal with North Korea. And when he gets one - no matter how imperfect -- anything is better than nothing right ---- I will give him credit.

But the extent of his fawning over Kim Jung Un is difficult to watch knowing what we know about Kim Jung Un.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2019, 08:19 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Geez try breathing into a paper bag for a while. Holy smokes the TDS is acute with you.
You and trump have been hoodwinked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok89QNexM74

Old 06-30-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Geez try breathing into a paper bag for a while. Holy smokes the TDS is acute with you.
Interesting second Trump fan to come at me personally about my comments about Trump and his foreign policy.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:21 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Interesting second Trump fan to come at me personally about my comments about Trump and his foreign policy.
Sorry, you seem upset is all. A little concerned about you.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:22 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:
Maybe because you literally never stop posting about it.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:22 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,063,863 times
Having dealt in the realm of "conflict management" (obviously on a MUCH smaller scale) an important step, and probably the most important step, was to get the separate parties together in the same room and attempt a solution. No solution or hashing out can be done properly from afar and especially when the involved parties refuse to meet or speak to each other. The key was always to get them talking and attempt a compromise, etc. Did it always work? No...but I did find that after such attempts, the parties became less aggressive and nasty in their dealings in the matter so at least some good came of it.

This is how I see the Trump/Kim thing.....will anything positive come from it? Who knows...but having 2 world leaders with nuclear weapons at their disposal (with the outcome being WW3 or a nuclear holocaust) snipe and saber rattle from afar is much worse than them meeting each other as real people in each other's physical presence and shaking hands.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Sorry, you seem upset is all. A little concerned about you.
Not upset at all.

Critical of Trump's foreign policy.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:26 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,270,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What kind would you call this derangement syndrome?

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-vi...h-korea-848618

Video here ^^^
Right-wingers have extremely short memories and double standards for their own politician's when in power. For the most part it's not their fault, but a constant barrage of infotainment from the TV, radio, and the internet makes it hard for one to stand back, pause and question what they are being fed. It comes at you fast and they just go along with it.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
I can't help but think of Otto Wambier's family. It must make them sick to their stomach to see how Trump fawns of Kim Jung Un. It really is difficult to stomach seeing the President ignoring what Kim Jung Un did to that man.

It's like seeing him and the Saudi Royals.

It is disturbing.

It isn't that he's 'cordial' or polite - he practically is gushing about his friendship with these brutal killers.

I totally support his efforts to try and secure a real deal with North Korea. And when he gets one - no matter how imperfect -- anything is better than nothing right ---- I will give him credit.

But the extent of his fawning over Kim Jung Un is difficult to watch knowing what we know about Kim Jung Un.
We have brutally killed far more. If anything Kim should turn his back on Trump.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:28 AM

11,350 posts, read 16,717,087 times
Orange...man...bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies