Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 10:37 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yep, and Iran is one of just a handful of nations, that if wet to war with us, they could have troops on our soil, fighting!, This is something Americans have yet to see!
Are you insane? One Trident submarine could erase Iran and we have hundreds of those things.

Let’s not be stupid. There won’t be any war.

Old 06-30-2019, 10:42 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
A big thanks to Obama for returning 150 billion so Iran could continue terrorism around the world. Maybe Jimmy wasn't the dumbest president we've had after all..........
Democrats and Obama did not give $150 billion to Iran. The erroneous posts are identical to a tweet made Wednesday by President Donald Trump after a contentious meeting with House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer to discuss funding of a border wall. Trump has made the Iran claim before in different situations. An AP Fact Check published April 24, 2018, found there was no such payment. According to the article, the money Trump refers to represents Iranian assets held abroad that were frozen until a deal was reached in 2015 to curb Iran’s nuclear program and ease sanctions. Tehran was then allowed access to its funds.

https://www.apnews.com/afs:Content:2693370009

Old 07-01-2019, 12:16 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What terrorism are they committing that your country isn’t committing?

Your nation invaded, TERRORIZED and destroyed Iraq, remember? And they did so under BLATANTLY false pretenses. It cost a lot more than $150 billion dollars too. The tab so far is at least $3 trillion dollars alone. Probably a trillion more.

Now THAT’S terrorism. Ask the Iraqi people for the details. They’ll tell you all about it.
False pretenses? You mean saddam gave his full cooperation with the disarment process?
No he didnt.
You mean he wasnt sponsoring terrorism in violation of 11 un resolutions?
Yes he was.
Why do you love the butcher of baghdad? Are you french?

Old 07-01-2019, 01:03 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
False pretenses? You mean saddam gave his full cooperation with the disarment process?
No he didnt.
You mean he wasnt sponsoring terrorism in violation of 11 un resolutions?
Yes he was.
Why do you love the butcher of baghdad? Are you french?
They had no WMD. So yeah... false pretenses, aka lies.

He sponsored terrorism? Your country sponsors terrorism too. A lot of it.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:57 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post

Don't know any sane person that would want another middle eastern conflict..
Anyt war with Iran would just involve the US taking out all it's military and national infrrastructure assets rather than engaging in a ground war.

Once all barracks, ports/naval bases, airfields, airports, power stations, Government buildings etc have been taken out the Iran would be unable to do much militarily.

The only problem is in relation to Russia and China, although other than political disapproval, I doubt they would actually do much.

A ground war with Iran and military invasion is not going to happen, however the destruction of military and civilian infrastructure and equipment and the taking of the the Revolutionary Guards bases may well happen if Iran keeps on it's currrent path.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:03 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
I predict a trillion dollars wasted and a lot of our low ranking US Army guys dead and wounded.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:21 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCuoj5Dz6VI&t=225s

Hopefully idiot war mongers like Bolton will be kicked out and trump will have some sane people around him. I do have to say that after this g20 summit, I see trump more positively. Yes he’s inappropriate and impulsive and he often think out loud and aren’t particularly accurate, but he also dares to take chances and do the unconventional. I am kinda impressed with what he did this weekend and I am more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But he’s got to get rid of rabid warmongers like Bolton. Trump doesn’t need that rat face idiot who’s never met a country he didn’t want to bomb and invade.

I think he did the right thing by calling off for now more tariffs with China and holding off bombing Iran. He also sees China as a strategic partner, not an enemy. These are all correct decisions in my book. Going to nk was a real kicker and only trump could do something like that. Ok trump you’re now moving above, for me at least, the clowns that the dems, which is my party, can generate at the moment. I can’t stand the old man stink coming out of Biden, or the crazy extreme left of warren. The identity politics fixation is really annoying after a while. The only one I like is Pete but he won’t get the dem nomination.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:15 AM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yep, and Iran is one of just a handful of nations, that if wet to war with us, they could have troops on our soil, fighting!, This is something Americans have yet to see!
1. Not in any real numbers.
2. Yes, Americans have seen that. Repeatedly.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:18 AM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I predict a trillion dollars wasted and a lot of our low ranking US Army guys dead and wounded.
I predict there is not going to be an armed conflict.

So far the horrific losses total up to an unmanned drone and a couple 6x8 sections of metal tanker hull.

Iran and the US via proxies have been doing far worse to each other over the last 20 years but all of the sudden people are thinking about a full fledged invasion?

Old 07-01-2019, 06:20 AM

30,170 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:

Any war that is not defending our soil from direct attack or responding to an attack is a horrendous idea. As well as nation building and regime change. But we do it over and over and both parties are complicit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies