Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2019, 11:39 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
There needs to be a media blitz in Central America warning them not to come, not to give money to the cartels which are lying to them about paradise in the US, and tell them about the women and children raped and sold as sex slaves, show the tent cities in Dem controlled cities.
The warnings are for travelers in the opposite direction ... in other words if a person is an American in Central America, be careful where you go while there for your visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
yep, because they sure as hell are not carrying out the law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Which law?

Improperly entry?
Flores Settlement?
Quote:
Which law?
you mean policy. it is not against the law to ask for asylum from the first agent you encounter after you have crossed the boarder.
Quote:
Improperly entry?
how and where?
Quote:
Flores Settlement?
under trump policy he has no intention of following it. he will keep them forever if he can and has taken the steps to initiate doing as much, as in efforts to over turn the settlement agreement. congress is silent.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:51 PM

14,217 posts, read 4,588,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
you mean policy. it is not against the law to ask for asylum from the first agent you encounter after you have crossed the boarder.
how and where?
under trump policy he has no intention of following it. he will keep them forever if he can and has taken the steps to initiate doing as much, as in efforts to over turn the settlement agreement. congress is silent.
Asking for asylum does not mean you will be automatically grant a parole into the US. A parole is at the discretion of the port director. This has always been the policy before anybody heard of Trump.

Trump has no intention of following Flores Settlement? Remember what happened last winter when DHS tried to separate kids from their parents?

But what do I know? I am no match for immigration law experts on social media

Old 07-03-2019, 12:08 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You may be right about their reluctance to drink water out of a tap, but that doesn't mean anyone lied. Other people heard the same story. I don't like AOC, I think she's goofy but I don't think she lied about this, other people said the same thing. And after looking at the posts on the secret CBP Facebook page it's clear that at least some agents have no problem mistreating the people under their jurisdiction

https://nypost.com/2019/07/01/aoc-sa...-border-visit/
I never said AOC lied I said shes acting like a child. Note that she didnt see anyone drinking from toilets or denied water did she?
She has second hand accounts from detainees, imprisoned for breaking our laws, and they know if AOC complained loud enough they might be released.
Of course theyre going to lie. They had no problem flaunting our laws crossing the borders, you assume complete honesty on their part?

Old 07-03-2019, 12:22 AM

30,619 posts, read 18,203,012 times
Quote:
I don’t disagree with you.

Trump is using CBP/ICE to carry out his political agenda, but that is his right as the chief executive branch of the government.

The Democrats firing back and vilified hard-working men and women of CBP/ICE.

CBP/ICE is collateral damage for the bickering in Washington.
You know its something when enforcing the law is considered carrying out one's political agenda. Enforcement of the law should be every politician's political agenda. What does that say about the Dems?

Old 07-03-2019, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Asking for asylum does not mean you will be automatically grant a parole into the US. A parole is at the discretion of the port director. This has always been the policy before anybody heard of Trump.

Trump has no intention of following Flores Settlement? Remember what happened last winter when DHS tried to separate kids from their parents?

Quote:
Asking for asylum does not mean you will be automatically grant a parole into the US.
It isn't illegal to do so either, however, Trumps 'zero policy' (not law), tells the authorities [alphabet soups] to lock them up, when they cross the board and it does not matter where they enter.
Quote:
Still doing it, where have you been?

Quote:
There's a dot gov sight, list the laws and there are immigration lawyers they have web site and on their web site, they cite laws ... if you're on a cell phone to access the Internet, try the public library they have PCs.

The most recent court Flores filings and those of past can be found here: https://www.centerforhumanrights.org/

Many people do not want to dig into it. I've been on vacation and I took an interest ... I've read a lot and I plan on keeping it up as much as possible even after my vacation ends.

As for as Flores, congress is the hold up and has been since its inception.

Old 07-03-2019, 12:47 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
Lol. We’re talking about AOC. Same woman who believes the earth will explode to stardust in 12 years if we don’t institute a carbon tax.

Nobody should take anything she says seriously.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:30 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,084,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Whether you like her or not. There should be an investigation and if true then ALL Americans regardless of Party affiliation should be up in arms. This is NOT what are nation stands for. We can enforce our borders legally and humanely

What's going on at the border isn't "enforcement".

Old 07-03-2019, 03:49 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,084,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Considering that there is a sink by the toilet, this makes no sense. The only explanation I can see is them not understanding how to work the faucet. If they are not used to running water or ignorant, that's possible. No way is anyone forcing them to drink from a toilet.

Seeing how they are there of their own free will.....

No one is forcing them to do anything.

Old 07-03-2019, 04:01 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
This lying low life is an incredible embarrassment to NY. Her representation does not reflect well on the intelligence of NY voters.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/01/aoc-sa...-border-visit/
If its down to locking kids up in cages its not a stretch to believe they are being expected to drink out of toilets, As for AOC being a low life she may have the same opinion of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies