Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 11:02 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,701,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Many liberals seem to think that before Whitey messed rhings up all people in the world were holding hands and singing by the camp fire. In reality Whites have done more than any other group to end slavery, expand women's suffrage and gay rights. People of European heritage are judged by their worst moments against everyone else's best moments.
Well, if you are speaking of certain Northern (non-conservative) Yankee "whites" you are telling the truth. If you are speaking about the Whites in Slave States, this is not the case or the history.

This country is a big place. You have to be certain to spell out where various movements came from. I can assure you that the folks in SC did not fight against slavery or Jim Crow......the total of which lasted over 300 years.

Old 07-04-2019, 11:09 AM

1,349 posts, read 665,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
In reality Whites have done more than any other group to end slavery, expand women's suffrage and gay rights.

Like they had a choice and did it willingly

Old 07-04-2019, 11:13 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,779,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The U.S. is #1 due our standard of living and quality of life for MOST people. But, the real reason is we are the only country to guarantee and codify NATURAL RIGHTS as human beings.
Nope. The metric for standard of living is GDP per capita and the US is #19 in the world according to the CIA.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2004rank.html

Quality of life is harder to quantify but there have been many metrics developed that try to do it. The US does not top any of those lists.

Old 07-04-2019, 11:13 AM

6,275 posts, read 3,429,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Iceland, maybe?

Despite being a country of many cultures it appears to be quite homogeneous.

Iceland doesn't have many cultures...where did you get that from? I have been to Iceland and I found most of the population very unfriendly to outsiders. There was a Naval airbase south of the Capital at Kefiavik. I worked as a civilian at the kefiavik International Airport in the late 80's when the Airbase was active. Talking US service members there and they told me they seldom ventured into Reykjavik.
I was housed in a Reykjavik hotel and the only people that showed any think close to friendly were merchants who wanted to sell their wares. Wooden items were of very good quality. But bars and restaurants were not friendly at all.
Side note...Iceland is almost 100% white. Iceland power comes almost all from either hydroelectric (70%) and geothermal (30%). No wood or coal fires are allowed thus no smog.

Old 07-04-2019, 11:21 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,453,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Nope. The metric for standard of living is GDP per capita and the US is #19 in the world according to the CIA.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2004rank.html

Quality of life is harder to quantify but there have been many metrics developed that try to do it. The US does not top any of those lists.
Somebody needs to tell the hordes of people amassed at our southern border that there are 18 better choices than the one they walked 1000 miles to arrive at.

Old 07-04-2019, 11:30 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,487,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Immigration is very difficult to these countries!! You just can't walk in and announce that you're moving there!
I had to follow a rigid set of rules to even get my PR here.
This place ain't so perfect here either though!! .
Side note: whites are supposedly so evil, yet refugees and migrants all seem to flock to white countries, cities and states!
Poor people have been trying to get into wealthier countries for centuries. Who knew it was about race?

Old 07-04-2019, 11:50 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,701,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Somebody needs to tell the hordes of people amassed at our southern border that there are 18 better choices than the one they walked 1000 miles to arrive at.
A lot of them want higher wages - and a LOT of them these days don't want to live here. Check it out (you can use the google, I am sure).

Old 07-04-2019, 11:51 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,786,680 times
Trump brought back trillion dollar deficits. Are we great again?

Old 07-04-2019, 11:54 AM

1,991 posts, read 903,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
name some countries that are better than US for opportunities and overall quality of life.
Another thread fail. It’s not left that are wearing those stupid MAGA hats.

Old 07-04-2019, 11:54 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,508,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, if you are speaking of certain Northern (non-conservative) Yankee "whites" you are telling the truth. If you are speaking about the Whites in Slave States, this is not the case or the history.

This country is a big place. You have to be certain to spell out where various movements came from. I can assure you that the folks in SC did not fight against slavery or Jim Crow......the total of which lasted over 300 years.
Obviously the US (and South Africa) lagged other Euro dominated nations in ending slavery and legalized racism. But even there many Whites did fight and eventually suceeded at ending slavery. Slavery had been practiced globally since beginning of human history and in some forms continues today. Modern liberal movement is doing a broadbrush painting of all White people living and dead as the source of all evil in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.