Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2019, 11:15 AM

33,327 posts, read 12,498,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
No, I don't believe it is senility, he has regularly proven that he is stupid. He truly should have never been there.
If the other major party had nominated someone other than Hillary, he probably wouldn’t be there .

Old 07-05-2019, 11:21 AM

17,781 posts, read 13,670,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
You are full of bull**** ! Obama has no talent to speak without a teleprompter
I was waiting for a right winger to bring this up.

It's obviously apparent that Trump has no talent to speak even WITH a teleprompter. He sounds like a 3rd grader.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:22 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,666,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The cost of my "plan" tripled and the deductibles more than doubled. My out of pocket expenses have soared due to Obamacare. My company had to switch providers and my doctor was not a participant so I had to switch both plan and doctor as did most of my colleagues, friends, family members and associates.

Obama LIED. He also must have hated America, because you don't want to Fundamentally Transform something you like, do you? Hillary would have been even worse. The country, and our leadership is much better under Trump.
Stories are so much better than statistics and charts - which show health care spending leveled off (didn't grow as quickly) and 15+ MILLION more people were insured.

ME ME ME is so much better.

If your insurance went up it's because your "welfare" was less...unless you are going to tell us that you spend over 10K per person per year (the average cost of heath care in the USA currently 10.8K each)....

So, if a family of 4 isn't paying 40K+, the government and taxpayers and future generations are picking up the tab - PERIOD. I can see what it might be upsetting for the government to only pick up 1/2 your tab instead of 3/4 of it, but not so if you are someone who yaps about welfare and entitlements.

The problem is the Capitalist Health Care system....predatory. ACA was just to get more people covered and to somewhat standardize (prevention, not allowing junk policies to be sold).....the cost curve is an entire other issue, one completely ignored by Republicans (double digit increases and people dropped from the roles during GWB)....

https://www.pgpf.org/sites/default/f..._proj-full.gif

Old 07-05-2019, 11:26 AM

6,735 posts, read 4,414,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
If the other major party had nominated someone other than Hillary, he probably wouldn’t be there .

Sadly history might repeat itself. Get somebody or he will win re election. Defeating an incumbent is not that easy. But He's got another year and a half of his ineptness to change peoples minds. His degree of senility seems to be getting worse.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:29 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Can you imagine an Obama stuttering speech.....

I,I,I,I,I,I ,uh,uh, I,I

Without his teleprompter he was a complete idiot. Trump at least wings it 98% of the time accurately.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
What?
It’s an American sports reference.

Yogi Berra was a star catcher for the New York Yankees baseball team. One of the greatest Yankees of all time.

He was highly regarded as a person as well.

One of the things that endeared him to fans....his famous ‘malapropisms’.

One of his famous malapropisms was ‘Nobody goes there anymore, it’s too crowded’.

Yogi and malapropisms: https://www.almostanauthor.com/malap...ique-of-humor/

Old 07-05-2019, 11:34 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,666,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It’s an American sports reference.

Yogi Berra was a star catcher for the New York Yankees baseball team. One of the greatest Yankees of all time.

He was highly regarded as a person as well.

One of the things that endeared him to fans....his famous ‘malapropisms’.

One of his famous malapropisms was ‘Nobody goes there anymore, it’s too crowded’.

Yogi and malapropisms: https://www.almostanauthor.com/malap...ique-of-humor/
Mostly he had a cool name. But we are all showing our age. Wasn't it a chocolate drink also?

"In the 1960s, an advertising campaign tried to appeal to an older public for the drink, and featured Yogi Berra and his New York Yankees teammates. Berra, in a pin-striped business suit, drinks a bottle of Yoo-hoo, lifts it next to his cheek, and says with a smile, "It's Me-He for Yoo-Hoo!""

Old 07-05-2019, 11:36 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,527,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
From his speech on the 4th of July:

Said Trump:

In the link to the US Today article there’s a clip of what he said.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ton-topstories
The stable genius knows his history so well.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No doubt. Trump the birther trolled Obama for eight years over his birth certificate and yet he has gone to extreme lengths to hide his tax returns and his school records.
And Obama trolled Trump....generally more successfully I might add.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Of course it's possible that Trump's speechwriter is an idiot too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies