Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where do you get your news?
CNN 25 25.77%
Fox News 33 34.02%
NPR 32 32.99%
ABC 20 20.62%
Reuters 24 24.74%
Bloomberg 17 17.53%
MSNBC 20 20.62%
PBS 23 23.71%
Other: national - please name. 36 37.11%
Other: international - please name. 29 29.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 12:09 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't stick to one source. That's a sure way to wind up misinformed.
Winding up misinformed is not the only or worst problem with following only one source...

Old 07-20-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If you believe your poll's results, most who comment in this forum don't follow Fox News. A quick look at a few names of people who follow Fox News shows they follow other news sources as well. imo, you wanted and expected the poll to show that conservatives/right wingers watch only Fox and/or Fox infected viewers with the consrvative/rw virus.
I don't know why some people are so insistent on what somebody like me "wanted" when it comes to poll results like this one, though I know how some people do truly "marry" their points of view beyond reason. Boy do I...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...hat-we-do.html

The closest you come to being correct, about me anyway, is that I have a sincere curiosity about; first, how many C-D folks tend to be Fox News fans and/or followers. Second, to what extent they follow other news sources and which ones. I'm more interested in the truth of these matters in any case, regardless what the truth may turn out to be...

I commend you on the closer look you have taken to provide the further insight you do. Seems we both share the interest for whatever our reasons. I'm not sure my poll distinguishes between those who are "fans" vs people like me who are not. I follow Fox News simply to see how Fox is reporting the news and/or catering to Fox News fans.

Rarely can I get much more than a sense of tabloid entertainment from Fox compared to what I would consider professional news reporting, and this is after following Fox News for quite awhile now. Still to this day regardless. All the while willing to give them the "benefit of the doubt" in this regard, but they are all too obvious about what they are all about, also as touched upon earlier in this thread. I am also interested to read other people's explanations for why they do what they do in these regards given the significant differences in content, and problems with respect to news bias.

There is also the other C-D poll to consider as well, brought up earlier in this thread.

What to conclude?

That one-third of the people who participated in this poll follow Fox News tends to support my sense that lots of C-D folks follow Fox News (as fans) and/or lean conservative. I would guess most do. Not sure this poll proves that notion one way or another. I am heartened that most seem to follow other news as well, contrary to my personal experience with friends who are Fox News fans and don't do much in the way of "cross-pollinating" their news much at all.

Not sure what else to conclude, but all duly noted in any case...

Last edited by LearnMe; 07-20-2019 at 12:36 PM..

Old 07-20-2019, 12:34 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,770,781 times
I voted for all of them because I read all of them. I also read the NY Times (probably the most) and BBC. Sometimes Slate, the Atlantic, the New Yorker, Politico and The Hill.

Oh yeah, and our local home town on-line news which I am sure you never heard of.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I voted for all of them because I read all of them. I also read the NY Times (probably the most) and BBC. Sometimes Slate, the Atlantic, the New Yorker, Politico and The Hill.

Oh yeah, and our local home town on-line news which I am sure you never heard of.
Daily?

I'm thinking it might have been more interesting and telling if I had made the poll about which news organization you feel is BEST and allow only one answer/choice. Say for example if you were stranded on an island and could only access one? Which would it be, to know what is going on elsewhere...?

Would ANYONE choose Fox News?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies