Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 11:42 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is how I see it. There is alot of inter-ethnic tension in Chicago, period. There are many people in Chicago who don't like Blacks, and many Blacks who feel the same way about Whites, and other groups.

And for what your friends have told you, there is not much that can be done about those taught to hate.
My buddies weren't raised that way - they've said a lot of blacks are raised that way, mostly lower class. My friends are from middle-class backgrounds growing up - and are now in a wealthier bracket.

I don't care if people don't like me - just leave me and my stuff alone. If whites are racist in Chicago, there's little evidence that they're acting on it. The crime is what I have a problem with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 11:45 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And my fellow Dems are always accusing Republicans of cornering the market on racism. Gimme a break.
Actually, I can find articles of Republican politicians who have made some very racist remarks. I've posted them on threads in the past. I'm not saying that there aren't Democrats who make bigoted remarks. However, this stuff actually does happen. In Georgia, where I live, there were a few incidents that made headlines.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:45 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Indeed

Many blacks are extremely racist, but they, for some reason, think that is perfectly fine, yet get very agitated about "racism" against them.

Urban black America is doomed, as they will continue to blame others for their plight, rather than seeking to solve their own problems.

Solutions:

1. emphasize education and understand that is the only way to elevate one's economic status

2. abandon toxic black culture

3. stop committing crimes

4. Have two parent families

5. Lay off drugs and alcohol

However, many blacks seek not to change their lot in life by their own initiative, but seek a handout via "reparations", which would (if ever granted) result in them being right back to where they started in two to three years.

Give a man a fish...............................
Oh no, it’s not just an urban black problem. It’s a problem in heavily black smaller towns all across the southeast.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
My buddies weren't raised that way - they've said a lot of blacks are raised that way, mostly lower class. My friends are from middle-class backgrounds growing up - and are now in a wealthier bracket.

I don't care if people don't like me - just leave me and my stuff alone. If whites are racist in Chicago, there's little evidence that they're acting on it. The crime is what I have a problem with.
Where I lived, alot of the Whites who were very bigoted towards me or who bullied me were either

1) Lower class (although I've met a few working class kids and middle class kids raised this way)
2) Lived up to the "redneck" subculture.
3) Many of them were the "slacker" types.

It wasn't the school quarterback, the head cheerleader, or the popular kids doing the worst stuff. It was the kids who had a somewhat "underclass" demeanor.

Like many things, you never see everything. I remember kids who were very bigoted, to my face. I also took a job where many of my co-workers were Hispanic. I dealt with several of them being very racist towards me. Alot of people may not act on certain things, but some people will harbor ill will towards others and be passive-aggressive with it. I don't know everything that takes place in Chicago. I can only tell you what I've dealt with and what I see.

As for crime, I've been a crime victim a few times. Both at the hands of Blacks and Whites. I was a theft victim twice this year. I have a problem with crime, period. I don't like having to worry about whether or not something could get stolen from me or if I could get assaulted.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Oh no, it’s not just an urban black problem. It’s a problem in heavily black smaller towns all across the southeast.
How much of a problem is it in middle class/middle upper class predominantly Black areas?

Old 07-15-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Actually, I can find articles of Republican politicians who have made some very racist remarks. I've posted them on threads in the past. I'm not saying that there aren't Democrats who make bigoted remarks. However, this stuff actually does happen. In Georgia, where I live, there were a few incidents that made headlines.
No need to find articles, G_M. I'm well aware there are racists on the right. I'm just saying it's hypocritical for people to claim one party is filled with racists as though that's not true of both parties.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Where I lived, alot of the Whites who were very bigoted towards me or who bullied me were either

1) Lower class (although I've met a few working class kids and middle class kids raised this way)
2) Lived up to the "redneck" subculture.
3) Many of them were the "slacker" types.

It wasn't the school quarterback, the head cheerleader, or the popular kids doing the worst stuff. It was the kids who had a somewhat "underclass" demeanor.

Like many things, you never see everything. I remember kids who were very bigoted, to my face. I also took a job where many of my co-workers were Hispanic. I dealt with several of them being very racist towards me. Alot of people may not act on certain things, but some people will harbor ill will towards others and be passive-aggressive with it. I don't know everything that takes place in Chicago. I can only tell you what I've dealt with and what I see.

As for crime, I've been a crime victim a few times. Both at the hands of Blacks and Whites. I was a theft victim twice this year. I have a problem with crime, period. I don't like having to worry about whether or not something could get stolen from me or if I could get assaulted.
YMMV depending on where you live, to be sure. And I've been a victim, as have loved ones. I'm talking strictly of Chicago when I post about.....Chicago.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:06 PM

The crime and violence coming from Black individuals, this is mostly an underclass problem. This is not the average Black person, average joe doing this. The individuals involved are mainly underclass types. The underclass, the hood rat subculture. How do you change the mind of someone who has been raised in violence and anger?

This is an underclass problem. If you replace those underclass types in those areas and put hardworking, professional Black people in those neighborhoods, would there be nearly as much crime and violence?

Old 07-15-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
The crime and violence coming from Black individuals, this is mostly an underclass problem. This is not the average Black person, average joe doing this. The individuals involved are mainly underclass types. The underclass, the hood rat subculture. How do you change the mind of someone who has been raised in violence and anger?

This is an underclass problem. If you replace those underclass types in those areas and put hardworking, professional Black people in those neighborhoods, would there be nearly as much crime and violence?
I agree. I've stated as much more than once.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
No need to find articles, G_M. I'm well aware there are racists on the right. I'm just saying it's hypocritical for people to claim one party is filled with racists as though that's not true of both parties.
Well, calling out hypocrisy is a totally different matter. I just don't want this to descend further down madness than it already has. Truth be told, the problems existing in many of these inner city ghettos don't really get solved under Democrats or Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies