Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2019, 07:48 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times

Advertisements

How are the ICE agents going to catch people since the flyers have been going around saying they dont have to answer the door unless ICE has a warrent? How are they going to catch the ones who are hiding.

by the way, all this talk about the poor immgrants (ILLEGAL ALIENS REALLY) being scared. Well if they didn't have some reason to be scared, they would not be scared.

Must be they know they broke the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 07:48 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We aren't focusing on both. We always get "I agree we should go after the employers" but no one is demanding it. We know why.

But yes, as long as we are ignoring the employers I support them streaming in by the millions. If we won't fix the system, I support it's collapse.
Ok here is where you confuse me. Who is we? Because I don't know a single anti-illegal poster who isn't for hammering employers.

I am 100% for mandatory E-verify. Make it the law of the land. My previous employer did it voluntarily. Every employee need to present an original birth certificate, original SS card and a picture ID, preferably passport. The company even assisted the brain dead in getting their documents. We are talking Thousands of employees. in Fact 10's of thousands.

The company I worked for isn't alone in that, many others did the same thing.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Ok here is where you confuse me. Who is we? Because I don't know a single anti-illegal poster who isn't for hammering employers.
The country. Trump. Those who came before him. ICE. etc etc etc.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:57 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,188,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
The ugliness that this thread reveals. Heartbreaking to envisage my fellow Americans thinking and talking like this.
cry me a river lib

Old 07-14-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Nope. I think you missed the point. The dealers are the employers.
Some employers pay up, but as long as the loopholes exist they will walk. No law requires them to verify the employees legal status. Both parties own that. Scum bags are worse than thieves.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
The country. Trump. Those who came before him. ICE. etc etc etc.
Now I can roll that. Many have tried to make change happen. The gang of 8 which was a complete fraud shot down making E-Verify the law of the land unless they got their pork first.

The average ICE employee would love to take the gloves off and really go after all involved.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:01 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Every government agency should be required to report illegals to ICE. That includes schools,Drivers license offices, SS offices, welfare offices, etc.
You mean they should start validating everyone citizenships?

It sounds like a call for national id card, which must be presented whenever demanded.

PAPERS!!!!!

Old 07-14-2019, 08:22 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Yes, I read that on another site. Random people being stopped by ICE on 72nd Street in Manhattan. Papers, Citizen? Um, sorry I do not carry around a copy of BC, and Marriage License as a woman.

Ironically, Mid Town Manhattan experienced a major power outage yesterday up to 72nd Street. Think abut THAT! Maybe God/Goddess is sending you a message, ICE?
I find that improbable. It would be a gross 4th Amendment violation.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:25 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Apparently the "raid" was a bit of a flop, and ended up being just a normal day.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:26 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Playing to his base? Shouldn't the entire American base want illegal aliens removed from our country whether or not they are Trump supporters? Fear in the "immigrant" community? Huh? Illegal aliens aren't plain ole "immigrants". If you are here legally you have nothing to fear.

Trump announced that he is targeting those with orders of removal so how is this spreading mass panic if your name isn't on that list?
Not all illegal residents need to be removed.

Many have jobs, businesses and are not liabilities to this country. They can be put in process for green cards & that will secure their commitment to their community.

Some have been here since they are babies. Now they are in schools to be teachers, lawyers, doctors, mechanics.....

The orders of removal were issued in abstention -- the people don't know they have those orders.

There is concern in trying to find those people that ICE will use their authority to get others......three is concern no mass panic.

It is clear this administration is struggling with the resources they have and they want to add more burdens to these resources.

This is chaos and the immigration policy approach changes daily.

Trump is seeking retribution for not getting his wall. He's not pursuing the best course of action for this country. His ego is bruised and he wants retribution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies