Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 05:27 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Don't even know what you're talking about. I'm saying that we have enough high school dropouts here as it is, and we don't need to incentivize a million more to come here from other countries with promises of free this and free that. It's so bad now that libbies are fighting ICE to keep criminal aliens here, even after a deportation order!

As far as education in math and science, the U.S. has fallen behind. Highly educated people in THOSE fields should be warmly welcomed, and I for one welcome them. But not 100,000 adults a month streaming in without prior approval, and with fake asylum claims and a 4th grade education.
many here have no respect for the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 05:49 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
This whole idea of not letting people in goes back to the Republican core belief of "I got mine, so screw the rest of y'all" attitude.

It's shows utter selfishness & lack of love for others. Weird thing is that I was once a far right wing conservative & held these beliefs not even realizing how selfish & ignorant they were until I got out more in the world. The older & wiser I get, the more I realize everybody else is just like me. We're all the same. Some people aren't harder working or more deserving than others when you intelligently examine all the factors.

Conservatives forget where they or their ancestors came from. They easily feel scared & threatened by outsiders moving nearby. A lot of this is due to fear mongering from Fox News. It's why conservatives justify buying a gun or voting for a racist president or being racist themselves.

Have you not read the below words on the Statue of Liberty/The New Colossus, that America is a welcoming Mother, and America is the great nation of immigrants? But now that you're in & safe, you just want to close the door don't you?

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Old 07-17-2019, 07:04 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Nothing to do with color, although you liberals keep trying to paint it that way. It has to do with importing an entire underclass of poorly educated people who will become dependent on government - and vote for Ds.

And funny. You insult PP as having a 10th grade education, ignoring the fact that the caravans of illegal aliens coming up from Central America barely have a grade school education. So if you're putting down American high school dropouts as losers, why are you encouraging foreigners without ANY high school education to come here?

Liberals are such hypocrites.
Haar; and Conservatives are such honourable practicing Christians.

Where was it implied that a tenth grade education was an insult? YOU own that one. I merely suggested longing for the return of those days was futile.

Whanna separate all the issues of illegal, H1b visa overstays, legitimate asylum seekers, refugees and put them in their correct little boxes instead of lumping them all together under the single banner of "immigration" as the O/P has done ……. let's talk, but until then ……..

Old 07-17-2019, 07:10 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Haar; and Conservatives are such honourable practicing Christians.

Where was it implied that a tenth grade education was an insult? YOU own that one. I merely suggested longing for the return of those days was futile.

Whanna separate all the issues of illegal, H1b visa overstays, legitimate asylum seekers, refugees and put them in their correct little boxes instead of lumping them all together under the single banner of "immigration" as the O/P has done ……. let's talk, but until then ……..
Huh? Christians? Stop stereotyping people. That's what bigot/ do. I'm Jewish.

And of course 10th grade education was meant as an insult. The entire description was an insult. It's calling the poster backward and uneducated simply because he objects when illegal aliens are being protected by liberals.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:43 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
This whole idea of not letting people in goes back to the Republican core belief of "I got mine, so screw the rest of y'all" attitude.

It's shows utter selfishness & lack of love for others. Weird thing is that I was once a far right wing conservative & held these beliefs not even realizing how selfish & ignorant they were until I got out more in the world. The older & wiser I get, the more I realize everybody else is just like me. We're all the same. Some people aren't harder working or more deserving than others when you intelligently examine all the factors.

Conservatives forget where they or their ancestors came from. They easily feel scared & threatened by outsiders moving nearby. A lot of this is due to fear mongering from Fox News. It's why conservatives justify buying a gun or voting for a racist president or being racist themselves.

Have you not read the below words on the Statue of Liberty/The New Colossus, that America is a welcoming Mother, and America is the great nation of immigrants? But now that you're in & safe, you just want to close the door don't you?

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
I see, so we should let the entire world's poor into our country? Can you even think at all? A poem on a statue does not negate our modern day immigration laws. If a poem overrules them then why did congress pass them by the left, right, conservatives, liberals Christians and non-Christians at the time? So I suggest you stop attacking only Christians and conservatives. When those laws were passed all of congress was obligated to respect them and to enforce them. We allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year so where's the lack of love, so-called fear, racism and selfishness? By the way the Golden Door is the front door not the back door like a thief in the night.

Conservatives have no fear or hatred of legal immigrants it is illegal aliens and bogus asylum seekers that is the objection and the reason why is above.

Your whole rant is filled with nothing but hatred and racism on your own part. Talk about hypocricy!

Old 07-17-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
There's not room for more people who will go on the government dole. I say let's import educated people in fields where we have a shortage - like technology. But more high school dropouts? We have more than enough as it is.
Agreed, and not only that but we don't have unlimited natural resources. Some people in here need to learn what the "carrying capacity" of a country means. It's not just about space and we have a lot of desert in the U.S. Providing jobs for millions more people means building more businesses and homes and takes away from our natural environment that should be preserved. I guess these kinds of people want us to look like India. Over populated and stacked in like sardines. Our major cities are already overpopulated and polluted and that's where the jobs tend to be.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Don't even know what you're talking about. I'm saying that we have enough high school dropouts here as it is, and we don't need to incentivize a million more to come here from other countries with promises of free this and free that. It's so bad now that libbies are fighting ICE to keep criminal aliens here, even after a deportation order!

As far as education in math and science, the U.S. has fallen behind. Highly educated people in THOSE fields should be warmly welcomed, and I for one welcome them. But not 100,000 adults a month streaming in without prior approval, and with fake asylum claims and a 4th grade education.
Love your well thought out truthful posts, Rachel. You tell it like it is but these leftist loons don't have a brain in their heads all they have are emotions so it will fall on deaf ears. Thank you though!

Old 07-17-2019, 07:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
It's getting pretty crowded if you ask me.
Just took a road trip from Charleston SC to Denver Colorado -- there's a whole lot of empty spaces along the way.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:09 AM

3,272 posts, read 3,935,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Translation;

I'm not comfortable with all of this multiculturalism and want my soother back, along with my 1955 Ford Crestliner, separate entrances for blacks, segregated schools, my grade ten education that got me a lifetime job at the local steel mill and my marvel comics.

Ain't gonna happen sweet cheeks.
Translation sweet cheeks, a life boat can only hold so many people, then it sinks.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:12 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Huh? Christians? Stop stereotyping people. That's what bigot/ do. I'm Jewish.

And of course 10th grade education was meant as an insult. The entire description was an insult. It's calling the poster backward and uneducated simply because he objects when illegal aliens are being protected by liberals.
Whoa nelly; now you've accused me of stereotyping while your first rejoinder to my post used "you Liberals" as a pejorative stereotype …… but that's different, eh?

I will however futile, once again attempt to ask you: where in the O/P do you see the particular mention of "illegal aliens" as opposed to the very clearly stated opinion "America is getting too crowded" and "we should just keep letting them in?" as his 'one-size-fits-all-query'?

Got an answer as to who "them" is that was defined in the O/P?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies