Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 06:23 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We’ve got umpteen millions of acres where we can settle more Americans. We’ve got whole towns in the Great Plains that are practically empty.

As to your ancestors coming here on slave ships, I’m sure. Probably a bunch of times. They were probably pretty good at seafaring and transporting cargo.

Maybe one of my ancestors were on the ship that your ancestors was piloting.

Nope. My ancestors aren’t immigrants. My ancestors were the ones that cleared and worked the land that made exponential growth in a relatively short time possible.
HaHaHa! If your ancestors were slaves in the US, then you've got some white blood in you. Don't believe it? Take a DNA test already. Go ahead and do it --- don't be afraid!

I have taken a DNA test which told me what I already knew---and that is that some of my ancestors were forcibly brought to the New World, thus slaves.

Now don't you feel foolish---even bigoted, for making such inane comments?

BTW, once your slave ancestors were freed, they, like mine, had the option of going back to Africa. No one was forcing them to stay. Yet the majority stayed and worked to make better lives for themselves.

All those towns in the Great Plains---well...tell us where all these people you envision coming here will find work there? Why don't you be a pioneer and move there since you think it's a great idea?

Why do you avoid answering these questions? How many people will be too many for you? 1 billion? 2 billion? 3 billion? India, for example, has over 1 billion people and Bangalore doesn't have enough potable water. Is that the future you want for your descendants?

I'm guessing that you won't answer those questions because they make you squirm.

BTW, take a look at the following article with an open mind:

https://www.theroot.com/exactly-how-...ica-1790895185

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 07-17-2019 at 06:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 11:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
HaHaHa! If your ancestors were slaves in the US, then you've got some white blood in you. Don't believe it? Take a DNA test already. Go ahead and do it --- don't be afraid!

I have taken a DNA test which told me what I already knew---and that is that some of my ancestors were forcibly brought to the New World, thus slaves.

Now don't you feel foolish---even bigoted, for making such inane comments?

BTW, once your slave ancestors were freed, they, like mine, had the option of going back to Africa. No one was forcing them to stay. Yet the majority stayed and worked to make better lives for themselves.

All those towns in the Great Plains---well...tell us where all these people you envision coming here will find work there? Why don't you be a pioneer and move there since you think it's a great idea?

Why do you avoid answering these questions? How many people will be too many for you? 1 billion? 2 billion? 3 billion? India, for example, has over 1 billion people and Bangalore doesn't have enough potable water. Is that the future you want for your descendants?

I'm guessing that you won't answer those questions because they make you squirm.

BTW, take a look at the following article with an open mind:

https://www.theroot.com/exactly-how-...ica-1790895185
Nope. No white blood. In our family stories, there’s been no mention of a white man or woman. I’m straight up black.

And we have room for millions more. Many millions more. I’m not putting a number on it. Don’t need to. Like I keep saying, we found room for your immigrant ancestors. We can find plenty of room for modern day immigrants.

You’re simply scared of demographic changes that will dilute white political power. Admit it. Lol...you’re terrified.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:11 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
We’ve got umpteen millions of acres where we can settle more Americans. We’ve got whole towns in the Great Plains that are practically empty.
Those towns are empty for a reason. How would an economy/jobs that supports all these uneducated immigrants be maintained in these towns? Government subsidies? Your suggestion doesn't even make any sense.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:22 PM

198 posts, read 236,196 times
Quote:
You’re simply scared of demographic changes that will dilute white political power. Admit it. Lol...you’re terrified.
Yep. Why shouldn't we be? If millions of white people poured into Japan, created their own communities, called themselves minorities and received government benefits, priority in hiring and education, voted for policies that harmed the native population, refused to integrate or learn the language, and then called any Japanese person that opposed it racist, would that be alright? If enough white people moved to Japan to make Japanese a minority in their own country, would that be ok?

America was historically a white country, and it isn't racist of me to say it should remain a white country. That doesn't mean we can't welcome immigrants, provide global aid, and strive for equality. It simply means we focus on an American first agenda that doesn't include throwing the government coffers open to take in the entirety of the third world.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:53 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
So we're just gonna keep letting people in, huh? Yes, of course, we are as long as employers keep hiring them, they will come, so they can send money back to family in countries they came from. Unfortunately, we think it would be too wrong, immoral and certainly anti-business to throw those employers in prison for hiring them.

As for them coming to the USA to have prenatal care and anchor babies, I wonder why Trump quit complaining about that?

Old 07-18-2019, 01:06 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Nope. No white blood. In our family stories, there’s been no mention of a white man or woman. I’m straight up black.

And we have room for millions more. Many millions more. I’m not putting a number on it. Don’t need to. Like I keep saying, we found room for your immigrant ancestors. We can find plenty of room for modern day immigrants.

Admit it, you don't know what you're talking about so you make ignorant comments. Why would I be "terrified"?

You're "straight up black"? There's no mention in your family stories about "a white man or woman"? And you believe everything you've heard---bless your heart. So, why are you so terrified of taking a DNA test? If you are so confident that you have no white blood, then the test will confirm that for you. I can assure you that family stories aren't always accurate. Over time, the stories get changed or someone forgets something or was never told the whole story. Unless your family has, for several generations, kept a written copy with many details, you won't get the full picture.

My 'immigrant ancestors" LOL! Not just my "immigrant ancestors", yours, too.

You see the population chart in the OP. Then you know that over 100 years ago we had plenty of room to expand. Also, we were an industrial and agrarian society. Many Americans as well as immigrants were illiterate. In such a society, it was much easier to find unskilled work. Plus, back then, there was no welfare so Americans and immigrants alike knew that for them, it was either sink or swim.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:37 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
No, we don't have room for millions more in this country. How can anyone seriously compare the past to the present when our population was much smaller and there were plentiful jobs and resources for everyone? Someone needs to learn what the "carrying capacity" of a nation is to keep it healthy and it's not just about space. A lot of "space" is in uninhabitable and would require more natural resources to sustain it. I don't wish us to be like India where we are stacked in like sardines and no natural environment for wildlife, forestry, etc. It's also takes a lot of social resources to sustain a nation such as medical practicioners, jobs, etc. We already have too many low paying burger joints on every corner that won't support a family.

No one is scared of demographic change when it is diversified, in controlled numbers and done legally. What country in the world would want demographic change due to illegal immigration. Are you kidding me????

Old 07-18-2019, 07:44 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caglee View Post
America isn't a real country anymore. It has no border, citizenship is meaningless, there aren't any unifying values between all the disparate groups of people that come here, the entire economy is a fabrication built on debt and paper money.

All that's left is to carve out a space space for you and your family and take as much as you can get before it all comes crashing down and the wealthy elites flee the sinking ship for greener pastures.

We had a nice country for awhile, but it was given away to the entire third world because people were afraid of being called a bad name.
I pretty much agree with you. We are only a shell of what we used to be as a nation and that's not a good thing. We are losing our identity, heart and soul as a nation. We've turned into a lawless, free for all where anyone that can crawl, swim or fly here under any status they want and are seeking to change our nation's values, morals and founding principles and there is no accountability for doing so. It truly saddens me.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:56 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I pretty much agree with you. We are only a shell of what we used to be as a nation and that's not a good thing. We are losing our identity, heart and soul as a nation. We've turned into a lawless, free for all where anyone that can crawl, swim or fly here under any status they want and are seeking to change our nation's values, morals and founding principles and there is no accountability for doing so. It truly saddens me.
That's happening because Democrats are encouraging lawlessness, with a prime example being how they are objecting to carrying out deportation orders. Now we have a crop of liberal nominees who are promising health care to illegals, and one who wants to decriminalize illegal immigration entirely. We have others who are advocating confiscating the hard-earned money of middle-income whites to fund reparations and downpayments to black people, give rent subsidies to the lower-middle class so that their lifestyle can equal or exceed the professional middle-class, give illegal immigrants in-tuition discounts ahead of Americans, and condemn anyone who criticizes someone who happens to be a POC for behavior as being driven by racism.

We still have a chance - a good chance - as normal voters see what's happening and push back. We can narrow the margin in the House (keep talking, Squad members!), keep the Senate, hold on to the presidency - and stop this dangerous and destructive path the liberals have set us on.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:02 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That's happening because Democrats are encouraging lawlessness, with a prime example being how they are objecting to carrying out deportation orders. Now we have a crop of liberal nominees who are promising health care to illegals, and one who wants to decriminalize illegal immigration entirely. We have others who are advocating confiscating the hard-earned money of middle-income whites to fund reparations and downpayments to black people, give rent subsidies to the lower-middle class so that their lifestyle can equal or exceed the professional middle-class, give illegal immigrants in-tuition discounts ahead of Americans, and condemn anyone who criticizes someone who happens to be a POC for behavior as being driven by racism.

We still have a chance - a good chance - as normal voters see what's happening and push back. We can narrow the margin in the House (keep talking, Squad members!), keep the Senate, hold on to the presidency - and stop this dangerous and destructive path the liberals have set us on.
Why do you act like all middle-income people are “white”?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies