Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can black people be racist?
Yes. Why not? 118 94.40%
No. Only whites can be racist. Explain. 6 4.80%
Other, please explain. 1 0.80%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 02:37 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The left is trying to change the definition of the term racists.

They are including power structures and the like into it.

I've got a co-worker that is a far far lefty loon and we had some serious arguments about it.

Textbook definition of racism, yeah a black person can be racists against a non-black, there doesn't need to be a power structure in place.

If you look down your nose at another group of people and because of their race and they are perceived to be inferior than you then you are a racist.
While it is indeed true that anyone can be racist, you shouldnt dismiss the power of structural racism as well. You dont need to change defintions to understand that the Company that wont hire black people is worse than the black guy who makes a honky joke. There are indeed levels to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 02:42 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times
I took a business trip to Chicago and I was picked up a Kenyan uber driver. He was talking about how he refuses to pick up or drop off clients in certain neighborhoods which pivoted his talk as to why AA can't get their act together. We were stuck in traffic as he took me to the airport but he went OFF on this topic and had a lot to say.

He said both he and his wife were nursing students that were seizing the American dream, going to school and working their way to pay for college. The rest of his sermon was very predictable and he was quite hostile to AA.

Was he being racist?

Old 07-17-2019, 02:42 PM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
While it is indeed true that anyone can be racist, you shouldnt dismiss the power of structural racism as well. You dont need to change defintions to understand that the Company that wont hire black people is worse than the black guy who makes a honky joke. There are indeed levels to this.

Black unemployment rate is the lowest in history in case you didn't know.

So it is ok for a company to say they can't hire a white male? My friend's husband just spent a year looking for a job and they told him flat out. We can't hire a white male on more than one occasion. I am sure you will accuse me of lying but it's 100% true.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:43 PM

813 posts, read 601,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Also, mathematics, bikes, bike paths, cauliflower, and The Lion King have all been declared as racists over the past few months as well.
Well, binary does exclude the decimal system, as well as the octal, and probably hexadecimal. We need conversion methods...

I believe we as humans have more in common than the base numerical systems!

Old 07-17-2019, 02:45 PM

813 posts, read 601,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I took a business trip to Chicago and I was picked up a Kenyan uber driver. He was talking about how he refuses to pick up or drop off clients in certain neighborhoods which pivoted his talk as to why AA can't get their act together. We were stuck in traffic as he took me to the airport but he went OFF on this topic and had a lot to say.

He said both he and his wife were nursing students that were seizing the American dream, going to school and working their way to pay for college. The rest of his sermon was very predictable and he was quite hostile to AA.

Was he being racist?
Maybe, but I tend to be more critical of my family than I am other people... Some of my family are straight out deadbeats.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:50 PM

384 posts, read 434,834 times
No Black cannot be racist but some can be prejudiced, imho.
Same with any races.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:02 PM

7,778 posts, read 6,390,372 times
Yes, I have experienced it personally.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:11 PM

4,512 posts, read 1,864,826 times
Of course they can be racist. Plenty of evidence right on this very forum.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:15 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times
Is this a joke? Of course they can be, and it's okay for them in their minds.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:16 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times
This is a joke, right? Of course they can be racist. And when they are, they think it's ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies