U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 12:59 PM
 
Location: SGV
24,895 posts, read 9,691,589 times
Reputation: 9742

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I feel like your position is to rigid. Its similar to the logical arguments religious fanatics construct.
It's a response to a paradigm provided by you, not me.

If A = B and B= C,according to you, then A = C.

You don't get to pick and choose the logic. Don't throw a fit when I proclaim that A = C in your paradigm. If consent is given by being born then that means that is the definition of consent hence forth.

You wanted it, you got it.

* Shout out to the Transitive Property of Equality for the assist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,650 posts, read 2,669,483 times
Reputation: 2565
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It's a response to a paradigm provided by you, not me.

If A = B and B= C,according to you, then A = C.

You don't get to pick and choose the logic. Don't throw a fit when I proclaim that A = C in your paradigm. If consent is given by being born then that means that is the definition of consent hence forth.

You wanted it, you got it.

* Shout out to the Transitive Property of Equality for the assist.
A contract to you is a mutually agreed upon reality that allows economic transaction.

Property laws and governance over land and aggression are realities made to allow individual action, or economic transaction.

Anarchism is not unique as itself is a form of governance. I've asked you many questions you have avoided.

Does a property owner have governance over their own capital/land, and do individuals forfeit their right from aggression and to property when they oppose that governance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:24 PM
 
Location: SGV
24,895 posts, read 9,691,589 times
Reputation: 9742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
A contract to you is a mutually agreed upon reality that allows economic transaction.

Property laws and governance over land and aggression are realities made to allow individual action, or economic transaction.

Anarchism is not unique as itself is a form of governance. I've asked you many questions you have avoided.

Does a property owner have governance over their own capital/land, and do individuals forfeit their right from aggression and to property when they oppose that governance?
You got the definition of contract wrong.

You've got everything wrong in here so that's no surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,650 posts, read 2,669,483 times
Reputation: 2565
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You got the definition of contract wrong.

You've got everything wrong in here so that's no surprise.
A social contract to you is an agreed upon standard between a set or rules and the population under which it presides.

I'm saying anarchism is no different from this standard.

Now please, answer my questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:51 PM
 
Location: SGV
24,895 posts, read 9,691,589 times
Reputation: 9742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
A social contract to you is an agreed upon standard between a set or rules and the population under which it presides.

I'm saying anarchism is no different from this standard.

Now please, answer my questions.
It's Friday. Take a long weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:13 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,650 posts, read 2,669,483 times
Reputation: 2565
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It's Friday. Take a long weekend.
I'm on vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:17 PM
 
745 posts, read 133,587 times
Reputation: 447
hayek believe in UBI because he believe a myriad of boondoggle welfare programs was worse. He was right. I would fully support a very modest UBI if it replaced our current welfare programs. Problem is that will never happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
4,383 posts, read 1,819,619 times
Reputation: 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
hayek believe in UBI because he believe a myriad of boondoggle welfare programs was worse. He was right. I would fully support a very modest UBI if it replaced our current welfare programs. Problem is that will never happen.
Vote Yang and make it happen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:50 PM
Status: "I said God Bless the Coal Miners Union" (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Clyde Hill, WA
3,420 posts, read 600,708 times
Reputation: 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
He seems like a reasonable philosopher. He even supported a modest social safety net it seems libertarians have drifted far from the likes of Hayek and Friedman. Friedman also supported a universal basic income.
As far as I know, Milton Friedman supported UBI as an alternative to the present system of food stamps, WIC, Section 8, etc. all of which require massive, inefficient bureaucracies. He thought it would be more efficient to cut people a check and let them purchase food, housing, etc. as they saw fit.

My guess is that Friedman would have preferred zero, or at least a very limited welfare state. But he probably realized that such was not politically possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:53 PM
 
Location: SGV
24,895 posts, read 9,691,589 times
Reputation: 9742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I'm on vacation.
I forgot, nobody works under state communism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top