Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:21 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,944 times

Advertisements

seriously. When our currency fails? When the bureaucrats socialize healthcare? When the supreme court rules the DC gun ban constitutional? When the government defaults on social security and medicare benefits? How much longer will we take violations of state's rights, private property rights, privacy rights, and our nation's sovereignty?

The founding fathers were up in arms over a small tax on imported tea. Where's the civil disobedience at? Where are the protests? Where's our Boston Tea Party? Is America too apathetic and/or spineless to make a stand? Will we submit to fascism and totalitarianism of the federal bureaucracy? Or will we rally as our founding fathers did in an effort for our God given liberty? Who will make a stand with me?

Old 04-15-2008, 11:24 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,444,205 times
nobody stopping you

Old 04-15-2008, 11:27 AM

1,573 posts, read 4,064,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
The founding fathers up in arms over a small tax on imported tea. Where's the civil disobedience at? Where are the protests? Where's our Boston Tea Party?
The Founding Fathers didn't take up arms over taxes, they took up arms because they were being taxed without representation in Parliment. Get your facts straight.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:36 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,115,622 times
Quote:
seriously. When our currency fails? When the bureaucrats socialize healthcare? When the supreme court rules the DC gun ban constitutional? When the government defaults on social security and medicare benefits? How much longer will we take violations of state's rights, private property rights, privacy rights, and our nation's sovereignty?

The founding fathers were up in arms over a small tax on imported tea. Where's the civil disobedience at? Where are the protests? Where's our Boston Tea Party? Is America too apathetic and/or spineless to make a stand? Will we submit to fascism and totalitarianism of the federal bureaucracy? Or will we rally as our founding fathers did in an effort for our God given liberty? Who will make a stand with me?
We should all stop paying federal income taxes, the revolution can start when the IRS sends federal agents to come take your property.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
The Founding Fathers didn't take up arms over taxes, they took up arms because they were being taxed without representation in Parliment. Get your facts straight.
The took up arms because they were sick of tyranny. They took up arms because they believed in self government. Read the declaration of independence. To say they took up arms merely because they weren't represented in Parliment is completely false. You are nothing but a loyalist traitor anyway. You are the type of weal minded person that would submit to unconstitutional authority. If you wouldn't die in the name of liberty, what would you die for? I will not be a slave to the federal bureaucracy anymore. All of my work from now on is being done under the table. Come and Take it Uncle Sam. Patriots and lovers of what this nation was founded upon will come to my aid when the federal onslaught happens.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:42 AM

Or....we can form militias...

Old 04-15-2008, 11:58 AM

I propose peaceful secession, but when they turn their guns on me, I will certainly defend myself. We're gunna need tanks, planes, and automatic weapons to form a real militia. I reckon some liberty loving guys in the federal military will help us out. Surely our cause for independence has some sympathizers on the inside.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:01 PM

Nope, the government has made it illegal for citizens to have the type of arms they do. You should join the Free State Project...then get NH to secede.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:07 PM

89 posts, read 66,920 times
I thought we did have socialized health care, it's called medicaid.

As long as you have children and don't work, it's free.

Did you know for programs such as food stamps you are not required to work as long as you have dependents? That's right, you don't even need to have a part-time job to draw food stamps, medicaid, or any other host of handouts.

It's quite disgusting. I would do away with this nonsense and force these people to work or at least community service.

I'm sick of our high taxes to pay for the handouts of the unworking, foreign aid handouts, and wars for Israel. I wish Ron Paul got more support.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:14 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Quote:

None of the above.It would have to be a extreme case IMO like a leader or leaders declaring the Consitution null and void outright.Where people are jailed and presecuted without due process.

Carefull thought should be used in such manners,a civil war is not something to be discussed lightly and many problems we have now can still be fixed by voting and negotiation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies