Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 03:18 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,011,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
not even a suggestion as to what he might charge trump with in this impeachment. nadler is an idiot.
Fordham Law Grad. Congressman for what, nearly 3 decades? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's no idiot.

You're asking him to put the cart before the horse - you need the proceedings to determine which of the ten obstruction of justice charges to pursue -

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ustice-1281245

But honestly, no impeachment talk has occurred for awhile during their break, during the current issues w/ guns. This is a society with ADD - can't keep focused. Next week it'll be something else. Guns, impeachment, N. Korea, Iran, DNI, Climate Crisis, etc etc etc.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 04:16 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This time? He's never been legit and he is a criminal and thus far it has not been addressed. People are sitting in prison for this racketeer and he rightly should die in jail...he knows it too. In fact, there is an Epstein asteroid hurling towards earth that might explain his weekend unhinged twitter storm.

Yeah, but not Joseph Misfud...weird, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EbrfiAxjY0

Old 08-09-2019, 04:41 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Fordham Law Grad. Congressman for what, nearly 3 decades? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's no idiot.

You're asking him to put the cart before the horse - you need the proceedings to determine which of the ten obstruction of justice charges to pursue -

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ustice-1281245

But honestly, no impeachment talk has occurred for awhile during their break, during the current issues w/ guns. This is a society with ADD - can't keep focused. Next week it'll be something else. Guns, impeachment, N. Korea, Iran, DNI, Climate Crisis, etc etc etc.....
Trump is not going to be impeached, don't even waste your breath worrying about it. The dimwits don't have the votes in the senate to convict. It would be Bill Clinton 1998 all over again. This thing will be decided once and for all in 2020. So get your "Trump's a racist" commercials at the ready -- you are going to need them. It's all you've got.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:45 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,384,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Trump is not going to be impeached, don't even waste your breath worrying about it. The dimwits don't have the votes in the senate to convict. It would be Bill Clinton 1998 all over again. This thing will be decided once and for all in 2020. So get your "Trump's a racist" commercials at the ready -- you are going to need them. It's all you've got.
I hope the Democrats in the House bring articles of impeachment. The Senate will vote to acquit him, leaving egg on the faces of Democats.

Old 08-09-2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Sounds like he actually read Mueller's report. When Mueller testifies, it is going to bring it into the living rooms of America and pour it into the ears of the audience in a way that print cannot do. If anyone follows Trump on Twitter, he has been in meltdown mode for a couple of days. He is terrified of what Mueller's testimony is going to do to the public's opinion of him, and he knows there is nothing he can do to stop it, and very little he can do to get in front of the story.

Nadler's comment was merely priming the pump and drumming up interest in the Big Show on Wednesday.

Um,yeah...............about that big show on Wednesday......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MHCZ89I77M

Old 08-09-2019, 05:02 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Let me guess. Trump is going down this time, right?
Cats only have 9 lives, and everything has a breaking point, neko. Yes, Trump has dodged a lot of bullets in the past two years, but ya gotta admit, he doesn't do much to help himself, and , in fact, does everything to put him in a bad light.

The most surprising thing about Donald Trump is that he does not evolve or learn from his mistakes, and even doubles down and basically says "Yeah, I said/did that, and I don't care !" I mean, you look at some of the stupid **** this idiot does, and you have to wonder, does he want out of this job and is simply doing all of these self destructive acts to get out of it, or, is he simply that arrogant and stupid ?

Personally, I will take door number two.........I think he is just bat**** crazy, mixed with a strong dose of stupidity and never having had to answer to anyone in his life. All of that is a cocktail for a man who has no right to be sitting where he is sitting.

Old 08-09-2019, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Cats only have 9 lives, and everything has a breaking point, neko. Yes, Trump has dodged a lot of bullets in the past two years, but ya gotta admit, he doesn't do much to help himself, and , in fact, does everything to put him in a bad light.

The most surprising thing about Donald Trump is that he does not evolve or learn from his mistakes, and even doubles down and basically says "Yeah, I said/did that, and I don't care !" I mean, you look at some of the stupid **** this idiot does, and you have to wonder, does he want out of this job and is simply doing all of these self destructive acts to get out of it, or, is he simply that arrogant and stupid ?

Personally, I will take door number two.........I think he is just bat**** crazy, mixed with a strong dose of stupidity and never having had to answer to anyone in his life. All of that is a cocktail for a man who has no right to be sitting where he is sitting.

One thing I do like about you, don1945, you're a coup supporter and a traitor to your own country, but you're definitely not a quitter!

Old 08-09-2019, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I hope the Democrats in the House bring articles of impeachment. The Senate will vote to acquit him, leaving egg on the faces of Democats.

Well, maybe not. If you remember when Trump began his run for President, hardly any Republican politician wanted him as their standard bearer. Many came right out and said derogatory things about him. But, as he began to gain momentum, those GOP weaklings folded and were more worried about their jobs than standing up for what they said earlier, and now, they have all become boot lickers.

However, you can only push people so far, and Trump has really tarnished the Republican party, and continues to damage them even more every single day. These politicians are walking a fine line, on one hand, they would love someone better to be their leader, but, on the other hand, they do not want to **** off his base, who might turn on them.

As far as impeachment goes, I think a far better strategy would be to simply let Trump continue to self destruct and let public opinion go against him. It is true that Trump will always have his hard core, head in the sand base, regardless of if he "shot someone on 5th Avenue" , but the smarter, more reasonable portion of his base is beginning to wonder if they made the right choice. That erosion of his supporters will be his ultimate undoing.

And Trump is the best weapon to take himself out, he works hard at it every day ! Keep up the good work, Donnie !

Old 08-09-2019, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
One thing I do like about you, don1945, you're a coup supporter and a traitor to your own country, but you're definitely not a quitter!

Well, thank you, I appreciate your compliment !

Old 08-09-2019, 05:21 AM

6,995 posts, read 2,711,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This time? He's never been legit and he is a criminal and thus far it has not been addressed. People are sitting in prison for this racketeer and he rightly should die in jail...he knows it too. In fact, there is an Epstein asteroid hurling towards earth that might explain his weekend unhinged twitter storm.
People are sitting in prison for process crimes and things that the DOJ refused to prosecute Hillary and Barack for. All her people got immunity against prosecution for their lies and obstruction. The difference it there is no underlying crime with Trump. He will win again in a landslide because he gets results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies