Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 11:56 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Bad news for the Democrat and Trump haters.

Real America is turning away from the crazed notions of world ending in 12 years, endless war, love for Illegals, hate for Whites, hate for Christians, Russian bogymen, hate for the United States, hate for the American worker, nasty Joe Biden for President.

Yikes! Fewer People Today Consider Themselves Democrat than When Trump was Elected
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 12:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Yikes! Wow.
Perhaps you haven't been looking at polling of Independents...who tend to align vastly more with the liberal and moderate ends of things.

I won't give links...knowing that you are good at using "the google".....

Independents are 42%, Dems approx 30% and GOP closer to 26%

Another headline could be "only 1/4 of Americans like the GOP". Try that.

Old 08-24-2019, 12:10 PM

952 posts, read 323,878 times
Under reported right now is the poll of people who did not vote for Trump because they believed we would be involved with at least one nuclear war by now , if not two . He had colluded with Russia , Tax cuts would cause the unemployment to skyrocket. And since then have found out how badly they were played for suckers , and are not amused .
I wonder who'll they'll vote for this time ? GULP !

Old 08-24-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Yikes! Wow.
Perhaps you haven't been looking at polling of Independents...who tend to align vastly more with the liberal and moderate ends of things..
If a Democrat becomes an Independent, like I did, they aren't going to be voting for a Democrat.

I know this blows your gaskets, but the Democrats are losing people in their daily crazed lunacy, which BTW, Trump loves to demonstrate with just a couple of tweets.

Old 08-24-2019, 12:14 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If a Democrat becomes an Independent, like I did, they aren't going to be voting for a Democrat.

I know this blows your gaskets, but the Democrats are losing people in their daily crazed lunacy, which BTW, Trump loves to demonstrate with just a couple of tweets.
They might. It depends on who is running and for what position.

Plus a lot of Republicans are becoming independents as well. Many of them aren't voting for Trump in 2020.

Old 08-24-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
They might. It depends on who is running and for what position.

Plus a lot of Republicans are becoming independents as well. Many of them aren't voting for Trump in 2020.
Hmm. no.

That same study shows that the GOP has grown since Trump was elected. This while the DEM has gotten smaller.

Very bad for the Democrat & deranged Trump haters.

Old 08-24-2019, 12:23 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. no.

That same study shows that the GOP has grown since Trump was elected. This while the DEM has gotten smaller.

Very bad for the Democrat & deranged Trump haters.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/p...filiation.aspx

It looks like it's mostly statistical noise in terms of changes over the past 2.5 years. #facts

Old 08-24-2019, 12:29 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Yikes! Wow.
Perhaps you haven't been looking at polling of Independents...who tend to align vastly more with the liberal and moderate ends of things.

I won't give links...knowing that you are good at using "the google".....

Independents are 42%, Dems approx 30% and GOP closer to 26%

Another headline could be "only 1/4 of Americans like the GOP". Try that.
Apples to oranges. GOP has always had smaller absolute numbers, but Dems have the low-engagement voters, which is why the GOP wins elections. As was noted above, GOP has increased its numbers.

Very bad news for Dems.

But go ahead and stick your head back in the sand. It is best for both of us.

Old 08-24-2019, 12:31 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Not surprising the more liberal crowd are choosing to identify as free thinkers/independents.

It kind of goes with the territory.

Conservatives get stuck in a box, on an idea, and keep that narrow focused view point.
More liberal/independent thinkers don't want to label themselves too much -- they want to be open to ideas from all vantage points.

I definitely lean left on social issues and (as I have said a million times here and everywhere) I'm more fiscally conservative than any fiscal conservative I have ever met, read, heard speak.

I would not identify as a Democrat or Republican because then you are committed to support your 'team' and defend your 'team' even when they are out of line.

I don't support every Democrat policy & I don't support every Republican policy.

So why would I declare allegiance to either party.

Old 08-24-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Not surprising the more liberal crowd are choosing to identify as free thinkers/independents.

Actually it says more of them are leaning towards the Republicans. So this assumption doesn't pan out.

The fact that the party is running as hard and as fast as it can to nasty washed up Joe Biden, speaks for itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies