Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 10:01 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,251,233 times

Advertisements

Where do you even get this notion from? Waning support for Israel? They should be self-sustaining at this point but we still have them on welfare.

Extremists that are violent or fundamentalists that insert their religious values into government should be condemned across all religions. There’s no preference for who I would rather be bombed by.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:02 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
You have to understand how the mind of a leftist works in order to understand it. Leftists believe in a dichotomy of victim/victimizer and hold that this applies in all cases. In all cases, there are those with power and those without. In the case of Muslims and Jews, they view Jews as holding the power and being privileged, whereas Muslims are victims, so they must come to the aid of the Muslims.

Test it for yourself. This applies to all cases in the deranged minds of those on the left. White/black, men/women, straight/gay, etc
Yeah, the Muslims are perceived to be higher up on the victimhood totem pole that the intersectional crowd loves. They also tend to be browner people, and that also increases them up the pole a bit.

It's virtue signaling gone amuck is pretty much what is happening these days.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:08 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Where do you even get this notion from? Waning support for Israel? They should be self-sustaining at this point but we still have them on welfare.

Extremists that are violent or fundamentalists that insert their religious values into government should be condemned across all religions. There’s no preference for who I would rather be bombed by.
The following chart was enlightening to me. The top three countries, in order of receiving the most foreign aid by the U.S. are, in order, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Israel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_foreign_aid

I do completely agree with your second paragraph, btw!

Old 08-28-2019, 10:09 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post

They get like $3 billion a year from the US. For what I am not sure...they are hardly an impoverished or defenseless country.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:11 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Hey you asked for opinions and I gave mine. Obviously nobody is forcing me to.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:17 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The following chart was enlightening to me. The top three countries, in order of receiving the most foreign aid by the U.S. are, in order, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Israel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_foreign_aid

I do completely agree with your second paragraph, btw!

There shouldn't BE a list, but since there is, Israel shouldn't even be on it.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:18 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The title of this thread is, I hope, self-explanatory, and I hope that someone who does support Muslims over Jews will educate me. As an agnostic who was raised Protestant, I have no "skin in the game", and I just want to be educated about this.

From what I have both read and observed, it seems to me that the great majority of American Jews, at least, just want to live their lives in peace; and I don't know of any recent terrorist acts by a Jewish group committed here in the U.S. From what I have learned, there was a group, the JDL (Jewish Defense League) that operated decades ago, but according to the following link (quote, my italics), "Most terrorism watch groups classify the group as inactive. The JDL's website states that it rejects terrorism. [snip] According to the Anti-Defamation League, the JDL consists only of "thugs and hooligans.". [end quote]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Defense_League

Now, although I know that many Muslims are non-violent, compare the list of Islamic terrorist attacks to the article on Jewish terrorist attacks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rorist_attacks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish...ious_terrorism

Now I do understand that there are many religious bigots in this country and the rest of the world, too, but I am definitely not interested in reading any anti-Jew or anti-Muslim rants. Reading the garbage of neo-Nazis, for example, absolutely disgusts me. And I hope that the Mods will not hesitate to delete any such posts.

So, in short, I just do not understand why any non-Muslim American would support Muslims over Jews, and I would greatly appreciate an explanation. Thank you.
This is one of the least meaningful posts I have seen. Ever. What does supporting Muslims OVER Jews even MEAN?

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I didn't realize it was an either or.

New rules every day.
This is a false dichotomy.

It isn't an "either or". It's about being emphatic and supporting humanity. You'll find people of both groups support each other. Such as in the synagogue bombing in Pittsburgh, many Muslim American groups reached out and supported the Jewish community, such as by raising funds for the victims' families. There is a Jewish organization called HIAS which supports refugees, many of whom are Muslim, and which has been on the forefront of fighting the Trump Administration's ban on Muslim refugee and asylum seekers.

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
I don't understand why non-Muslim Americans support Muslims (over Jews)

Most don't. Just a few far-left pundits looking for excuses and people to bash, to divert attention from their own screwups.

But the mainstream media (speaking of far-left pundits looking for excuses and people to bash) will never tell you that. They're doing their best to pretend lots of Americans do it.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:20 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
In the "white nationalist" view of the country and world, everything is in a list......that is, one cannot just be tolerant and compassionate and interested in diversity, but they have to have a SCALE that they rate everything on.

Then, after they've made up this scale in their own minds, they somehow project that 120 Million Americans all think alike.

If that's not the perfect definition of Right Wing Authoritarian I don't know what is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies