Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 01:14 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
No you can't.

You can order Esty crafts, tho....sometimes.

Box stores? Even 90% of the stuff in my local hardware store is Chinese made....CVS too. You name it.

Where are these amazing factories you speak of outputting webcams, routers, power tools, etc.? I know I can buy a Delta table saw for 3K that claims assembled here.....but I'd bet if I looked at all the components it was made of, there would be surprises!

Here - we can at least buy a crowbar. Real high tech!
https://hiconsumption.com/best-usa-made-tools/
You said duct tape and caulk gun.
I said you can get quality USA made online.
Suddenly you change to electronics.

You don't want made in USA. You just want to complain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It undercuts White House arguments that the trade war with China is causing U.S. companies to return home. In fact, a larger percentage planned to relocate from China to the U.S. in 2015. One caveat is that the survey was done in June, before the recent tariff escalations.

https://www.axios.com/us-companies-a...fc79fe2b2.html
That article is completely useless.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:59 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
That article is completely useless.
Perhaps to you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-30-2019, 04:53 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
I've been following this guy Kyle Bass re China. He's a hedge fund guy who has been making the media rounds talking about the Chinese economy. Pretty fascinating perspective:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/05/kyle...t-support.html

Old 08-30-2019, 05:01 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
You said duct tape and caulk gun.
I said you can get quality USA made online.
Suddenly you change to electronics.

You don't want made in USA. You just want to complain.
Just as you are telling us all how it is with your Chinese device, your chinese router...and then you will go watch your Chinese TV....maybe take a ride and press your Chinese brakes.

And so one and so on.

The capacity for the "stuff" you claim is made here....just doesn't exist. As I said, the most American car is a Honda (where do you think the profits go? Who owns the IP?).

Take your own walk through Walmart and Home Dept...just for fun....and look at labels. Then come back and tell us how self righteous you are because you don't buy Chinese stuff.

Old 08-30-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Just as you are telling us all how it is with your Chinese device, your chinese router...and then you will go watch your Chinese TV....maybe take a ride and press your Chinese brakes.

And so one and so on.

The capacity for the "stuff" you claim is made here....just doesn't exist. As I said, the most American car is a Honda (where do you think the profits go? Who owns the IP?).

Take your own walk through Walmart and Home Dept...just for fun....and look at labels. Then come back and tell us how self righteous you are because you don't buy Chinese stuff.
Jesus you just keep coming back with the same tired crap.

1. We don't make every item on Earth.

2. We shouldn't make every item on Earth.

3. We still make A LOT of stuff.

4. You are too lazy to Google and order it so you come here and *****.

Old 08-31-2019, 11:04 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Jesus you just keep coming back with the same tired crap.

1. We don't make every item on Earth.

2. We shouldn't make every item on Earth.

3. We still make A LOT of stuff.

4. You are too lazy to Google and order it so you come here and *****.
If what you say is true - I remember Sam Walton making the promise that he would stock his stores with American Made Goods! Are you old enough to remember that? We even made a product here (PA) that we hoped he would take in because it was made here.......

"In February, he wrote to 3,000 American manufacturers and wholesalers telling them that the chain wanted to buy more American goods. ''Our continued success depends on our mutual reaction to a very serious problem with regard to our balance of trade deficit,'' he said in the letter. Wal- Mart reports that so far it has written new orders with four suppliers as a result of the 66-year-old Mr. Walton's appeal.

''What Wal-Mart is doing follows in the footsteps of Henry Ford,'' proclaimed A. Gary Shilling, an economic consultant in New York. "

Of course, this was a LONG time ago......

Are you accusing the Walton Family of intentionally undermining the USA? Are they ignorant and unable to find goods here? Or, are they - as we know is fact - FORCING their suppliers to over overseas?

Now....
"795,900 Shipping Containers
For several years, Walmart has been the single largest U.S. importer of consumer goods, surpassing the trade volume of entire countries. According to the Journal of Commerce, Walmart remains the top U.S. importer."

The largest US Made category of Walmart goods........is....FOOD.

So, yeah, I buy lots of American food.
Think about that - 800K containers! Put another way, that is a container for about every 250 US active customers.....and that's just ONE corporation. Target and all the others do a bunch too!

Old 09-01-2019, 08:25 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
I think people should not fall for what Trump says, he always lies and distorts.
Here is a guy in the know, an American from the Peterson Institute for International Economics in Washington, who clearly contradicts Trump:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ays-nick-lardy

China's job losses began years before the trade war as the country is restructuring and modernizing at a rapid pace. In fact they were more pronounced 4 years ago than they are now.
China more than compensates lost exports to the US with exports to other countries, including developing countries which China helps modernize, creating new markets for its goods in the process.

There is also a strong shift from goods to services in China, as usual in a time-lapse mode. Not to mention the increasing domestic demand.

Old 09-01-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
If what you say is true - I remember Sam Walton making the promise that he would stock his stores with American Made Goods! Are you old enough to remember that? We even made a product here (PA) that we hoped he would take in because it was made here.......

"In February, he wrote to 3,000 American manufacturers and wholesalers telling them that the chain wanted to buy more American goods. ''Our continued success depends on our mutual reaction to a very serious problem with regard to our balance of trade deficit,'' he said in the letter. Wal- Mart reports that so far it has written new orders with four suppliers as a result of the 66-year-old Mr. Walton's appeal.

''What Wal-Mart is doing follows in the footsteps of Henry Ford,'' proclaimed A. Gary Shilling, an economic consultant in New York. "

Of course, this was a LONG time ago......

Are you accusing the Walton Family of intentionally undermining the USA? Are they ignorant and unable to find goods here? Or, are they - as we know is fact - FORCING their suppliers to over overseas?

Now....
"795,900 Shipping Containers
For several years, Walmart has been the single largest U.S. importer of consumer goods, surpassing the trade volume of entire countries. According to the Journal of Commerce, Walmart remains the top U.S. importer."

The largest US Made category of Walmart goods........is....FOOD.

So, yeah, I buy lots of American food.
Think about that - 800K containers! Put another way, that is a container for about every 250 US active customers.....and that's just ONE corporation. Target and all the others do a bunch too!
What the hell are you even talking about?

Wal Mart sucks and yes we all know they will force manufacturers overseas whenever they can. I hate Wal Mart with a passion.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
What is your point?

U.S. is not the only horse in the race for the Chinese markets. China is certainly the only horse in the race for us (as a supplier), for a loooong time.

This is why SUPPLIER DIVERSITY is important.
No, they are obviously not the only supplier, but they are the one with best prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies