Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2019, 06:44 PM

10,798 posts, read 3,616,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
A lot of children in the world will die if they don't get necessary medical treatment. Maybe we should start sending Boeings to every corner of the planet to pick them up and drop them in the states to get medical treatment....right? US has unlimited resources and money. I am sure we can accommodate 1 billion something more people. No biggie

I commend your bleeding heart, but you don't live in reality.
BS. These children were LEGALLY allowed into the USA for their medical condition. To now pull any hope they have to actually not die young, is cruel, heartless, not humanitarian, and void of anything in a person that I would want to know.

Now I know how people without any empathy can pull horrendous crimes in the name of their nation. People like that were in Nazi Germany, Stalin's USSR, Cambodia's Pol Pot or Uganda's Idi Amin reigns of terror. People like that disgust me.

Are you proud to have that little empathy? Holding out hope by allowing children in, and then pulling it away from them?

Old 09-01-2019, 08:11 PM

8,901 posts, read 5,399,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Did you know for instance at least one of these children was invited to the US by the federal gov. to receive treatment? This administration did this and placed the burden on ICE who wasn't even aware of it.
Don't you think they should get their ducks in a row and do some communicating with others before doing things on a whim?
Which one was invited?

Old 09-02-2019, 05:47 AM

19,947 posts, read 9,504,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
and once again, irrelevant to the issue of immigration status. Do you know how the medical treatment is being paid for? Because nothing I've seen discusses that at all. Just an assumption by the Repugnant Right that somehow, someone, somewhere is taking some of their precious money. You know who is taking your precious money? Donald Trump and the rest of the 1% are laughing their asses off to the bank, knowing that their money is coming out of the pockets of the middle class.

But sure, if it makes you feel better, you can cheer the idea of sick kids being kicked out of the country to die even though even if tax payers are paying, it's a drop in the bucket compared to what the wealthy in this country steals from the middle class every minute of every day.
I am definitely not a Trump supporter or a wealthy Republican, and I agree 100% with your statement that the REAL criminals in the U.S. are the wealthy who steal and exploit from those who work and pay income taxes. Those people make most of those who end up in prison look like no big deal. I also acknowledge that the main problem, by far, is the overall cost of healthcare in general, and the greedy people who profit from mismanagement and exorbitant costs at the expense of the sick. I truly wonder how those people sleep at night. In my opinion, they are no better than mass murderers or serial killers.

However, I don't think -- I could be wrong -- that if more people would pay for their own insurance and for the medical care that insurance doesn't cover, that medical costs and insurance premiums for everyone would decrease. (Of course, I do realize that most people cannot afford their share of medical costs that would run over $100,000, and that is why that I also don't believe in expensive treatment for anyone -- not just those who are here illegally -- who would die in a relatively short time, anyway.)

I also really hate the argument from anyone about any issue that boils down to "Well, that isn't nearly so bad as that." Well, no, that might be true, but regarding the subject of this thread, I don't think that just because the wealthy are stealing from us, that any of our tax money should go to pay for the medical costs of kids who would die (or have almost no quality of life) anyway. If the operation was truly life-saving and allow a child to go on and live a healthy life and would cost "only" a relatively few thousands of dollars (instead of many tens of thousands), that would be different.

I have never believed that two wrongs make a right.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:25 AM

19,947 posts, read 9,504,933 times
Correction to above (in bold): However, I do think -- I could be wrong -- that if more people would pay for their own insurance and for their medical care that insurance doesn't cover, that medical costs and insurance premiums for everyone would decrease. [/i].)

Sorry -- that is what I get for trying to write and make sense so early in the morning!

Last edited by katharsis; 09-02-2019 at 08:42 AM..

Old 09-02-2019, 08:43 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,431,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
A lot of children in the world will die if they don't get necessary medical treatment. Maybe we should start sending Boeings to every corner of the planet to pick them up and drop them in the states to get medical treatment....right? US has unlimited resources and money. I am sure we can accommodate 1 billion something more people. No biggie.
The people who are so broken-hearted over immigrant children dying, don't care at all about any other children. Only illegal immigrants matter to them. Nobody else does. So telling them that other, (non-immigrant) children are dying, is meaningless to them. They simply don't care about those children.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:15 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,621,026 times
Lightbulb Why does Trump want to send kids with serious illnesses back to countries to die?

Short answer:

Pettiness and gratuitous cruelty are the core of tRump's character.

His evangelical base heartily approve of his malevolence.

Who would Republican Jesus hate?

Old 09-02-2019, 09:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,602,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The people who are so broken-hearted over immigrant children dying, don't care at all about any other children. Only illegal immigrants matter to them. Nobody else does. So telling them that other, (non-immigrant) children are dying, is meaningless to them. They simply don't care about those children.
Well, that's just a lie.

The same people that want to give dying immigrant children a chance to stay here are the very same people that want to ensure everyone in this country has healthcare.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, that's just a lie.

The same people that want to give dying immigrant children a chance to stay here are the very same people that want to ensure everyone in this country has healthcare.
That is true ..... healthcare paid for by someone else. The children's healthcare expenses seem to be paid by largely by Medicaid, which is taxpayer funded.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:49 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,602,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
That is true ..... healthcare paid for by someone else. The children's healthcare expenses seem to be paid by largely by Medicaid, which is taxpayer funded.
Which children's healthcare are you referring to?

Medicare is paid by all; as is Medicaid and social security; the military industrial complex; Trump's golf trips, and bailouts for corporate farmers.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

How can you support children losing life-saving medical help halfway through their treatment? How????
None of the cases Madcow spoke of are children "halfway through their treatment." They are permanent conditions that will require continuous care as long as the patient lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies