Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2019, 09:52 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,380,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Which children's healthcare are you referring to?

Medicare is paid by all; as is Medicaid and social security; the military industrial complex; Trump's golf trips, and bailouts for corporate farmers.
The children in the program that President Trump wants to end are Medicaid eligible (legally). As you pointed out, Medicaid is paid for by taxpayers.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:59 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,601,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
None of the cases Madcow spoke of are children "halfway through their treatment." They are permanent conditions that will require continuous care as long as the patient lives.
I see you have to resort to name-calling, apparently thinking emulating the current holder of the Oval Office makes you "cool".

Seriously? My 14-year-old grandson knows better than that.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:19 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,909,722 times
Quote:
Which children's healthcare are you referring to?

Medicare is paid by all; as is Medicaid and social security; the military industrial complex; Trump's golf trips, and bailouts for corporate farmers.
A few notes here:
Medicare is mostly paid from individual contributions out of each individuals paycheck
Social Security is paid completely by contributions from working taxpayers:
As an added note, God Bless both programs otherwise we would have seniors dying in the streets.

Medicaid is paid for by the general taxpayer, eligibility varies state to state. I know several desperately ill people, a couple in our family, who are not Medicaid eligible due to not having kids.

The Military Industrial Complex provides our safety, we have not been attacked recently (since 9-11 and they paid dearly) Just as important they provide millions of well paying jobs unlike McDonalds and Walmart.

Trumps Golf trips are generally local, he plays and stays at places owned by him unlike his predecessor who flew to Hawaii on a regular basis to play along with his wife and her staff of 23. Last I checked it was a little further to Hawaii than Florida. Somehow prior to being elected, the Obama's were counted in the upper middle class, since leaving office they suddenly are worth millions and were able to buy a 15 million dollar estate.

If it was not for our farmers, our food would be coming from South America and Mexico, goodness knows what we would be eating. The cost would be at least twice as much and world hunger would be out of sight! A good investment in my mind and obviously a lot of others.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:34 AM

19,851 posts, read 12,122,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
None of the cases Madcow spoke of are children "halfway through their treatment." They are permanent conditions that will require continuous care as long as the patient lives.
I have pointed this out to her multiple times and she ignores the truth and continues to allege the same lies.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:35 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,675,265 times
Quote:
Well, that's just a lie.

The same people that want to give dying immigrant children a chance to stay here are the very same people that want to ensure everyone in this country has healthcare.
Right but they don't want to pay for it. Classic libs...spend other peoples' money, just not your own.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:05 PM

14,234 posts, read 4,602,897 times
I always thought progressive libs on C-D claim that US has horrible health care. Maybe we should send all the sick children of the world to Canada or western europe where they have better healthcare and FREE!!!!!

Old 09-02-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I always thought progressive libs on C-D claim that US has horrible health care. Maybe we should send all the sick children of the world to Canada or western europe where they have better healthcare and FREE!!!!!
Fine by me, but they won't take them. :Gasp:

Old 09-02-2019, 12:20 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Do you think you could come up with a better argument?
It's not my argument.

It's what Trumplings are using to justify tRump deporting kids who need life-saving medical treatment.

Quote:
Every President spends lots of taxpayer money on BS, and people always whine about it, regardless of who's in office.

Obama did too.
And Pubs whined incessantly that Obama was going way overboard.

But tRump promised he wouldn't be a golf playing part time prez.

And that's exactly what he's been since day one.

You know, the day he was going to replace Obamacare with a much better plan.

Anyway, tRump should give us taxpayers a readout on how much he's saving us by pulling those kids off life support.

Then we can compare it to the $340 million we've spent on his outings.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's not my argument.

It's what Trumplings are using to justify tRump deporting kids who need life-saving medical treatment.

And Pubs whined incessantly that Obama was going way overboard.

But tRump promised he wouldn't be a golf playing part time prez.

And that's exactly what he's been since day one.

You know, the day he was going to replace Obamacare with a much better plan.

Anyway, tRump should give us taxpayers a readout on how much he's saving us by pulling those kids off life support.

Then we can compare it to the $340 million we've spent on his outings.
I'm not a "Trumpling" (though I will vote for him)...nobody is justifying anything.

Before Obama, Bush took vacations, before that, Clinton...and so on and so forth. The other side always whined about it.

I don't want nor care about a "readout". These kids shouldn't be getting free medical care while we have starving children whom are actually American citizens.

You go pay their hospital bills if it bothers you so badly. Or take in a family, do you have an extra bedroom or two?

Old 09-02-2019, 12:46 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
I'm not a "Trumpling" (though I will vote for him)...nobody is justifying anything.

Before Obama, Bush took vacations, before that, Clinton...and so on and so forth. The other side always whined about it.

I don't want nor care about a "readout".
But it's not about you.

The public deserves one. Especially if tRump's justifying this as tax savings.

Quote:
These kids shouldn't be getting free medical care while we have starving children whom are actually American citizens.[/url]

Thanks for sharing.

You go pay their hospital bills if it bothers you so badly. Or take in a family, do you have an extra bedroom or two?
I AM paying their bills.

Unlike tRump, GE, or Boeing, I pay taxes.

But I'm not whimpering about it. And I'm not supporting tRump kicking them out, even though I'm not an Evangelical pretending to be Christian while hating on these kids.

Carry on.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies