Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 07:12 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,657,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm8_U59brBw

My lords what a vicious and incredibly deadly weapon! The AA12 ('auto assault' 12) quite clearly is a military-only weapon. It looks to me to be even more powerful than an AR-15, which used to be considered the most powerful weapon in the world. Like the AR 15 this is an assault weapon--it's right there in its initials.

We had a mass shooting in Seattle in the Capitol Hill neighborhood about 13 years ago. The shooter used a similar assault-style shotgun. Six were killed, and two were wounded.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_Hill_massacre

"Looks to you to be more powerful than the AR 15. Which use to be considered the powerful weapon in the world." Seriously pard, you never fail to disappoint. You should really consider a career with MSNBC. Your in depth knowledge of firearms would serve you well there.

I bet your one of a VERY few people who know that the AR 15 surpasses all others even grand old Ma Deuce as queen of the battlefield. Still, sometimes, just sometimes, a 12 ga shotgun is just a 12 ga shotgun and a 5.56 mm rifle is just a 5.56 mm rifle.

But again, you never disappoint with your wild postulations. Still not sure if you're truly that ignorant or if you're faking it for the sake of good giggles. Either way it's always good for a laugh. Do carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 07:21 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,489,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What the hell would anyone need a thing like that for? It's designed to shoot people, not birds.
To make a nobody feel like a somebody? That`s what owning assault weapons is all about.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:29 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,405,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I would never support a government shooting its citizens unless they were trying to overthrow a democratically elected government and replace it with an authoritarian regime.
The United States government has never shot one of its claimed individuals before while said individual was in a non-violent state?

Has the United United States government ever shot an unclaimed individual in a non-violent state before? If so, what about that individual's rights?

Also, what if the United States government uses other means besides guns to kill claimed or unclaimed individuals in a non-violent state? Would you support that individual's right to self-defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The gun rights guys are always talking up how many guns they have, how they are not afraid to use them, I think I read on this very thread that someone said he was willing to die for the 2nd Amendment, well, I'd say that they don't need my help, I'll think I'll sit this one out. Good Luck everyone.
Would you be willing to defend the life of any innocent in a non-violent state if that individual was about to be shot or otherwise harmed by the United States government?

Old 09-01-2019, 07:29 AM

45,258 posts, read 26,514,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
To make a nobody feel like a somebody? That`s what owning assault weapons is all about.
Sending a large amount of a ammo downrange in a short period of time, is good clean fun. You should try it sometime before commenting on things you know nothing about, starting with the term "assault weapon".

Rights aren't subject to the approval of scolds and puritans.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:59 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,489,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Sending a large amount of a ammo downrange in a short period of time, is good clean fun. You should try it sometime before commenting on things you know nothing about, starting with the term "assault weapon".

Rights aren't subject to the approval of scolds and puritans.
I prefer games of skill. I loved basketball when I was younger and played golf before 2 shoulder surgeries. I can still ski down steep icy slopes though. Sending a large amount of ammo downrange....how hard can that be?

Old 09-01-2019, 08:00 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,881,808 times
Guys who want guns like this have bigger problems than this gun will ever fix.

Here is what gun lovers do not realize...…...they have shot themselves in their own foot. With a new mass shooting happening almost every day, the public is getting sick and tired of our country turning into a battle zone. With the NRA and gun lovers ignoring that this is happening, all it does is turn the public more and more against guns in general.

I looked at that video of the AA-12, who the Hell needs one of those ? I own guns myself, but would never want, or need, something that is designed to one thing...….kill as many people in as short of a period of time as possible.

Gun lovers have ruined it for themselves. If they hadn't rubbed people's faces in it by cranking out more and more absurd weapons, like this one, no one would have complained. But nooooooooooo, you gun nuts had to have any and all weapons you could buy, because it is "in the constitution".

Guess what, gun lovers, you did this all to yourselves.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:06 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,432,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Again, and for the millionth time.....

It's not called The Bill of "Needs".

And BTW, pump action shotguns are actually used by the military, and as far as I know....the semi auto AA 12 is not.

So by your reasoning, pump shotguns are "assault weapons".
This weapon serves no legit civilian purpose other than tickling a fetish for gun nuts.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:08 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,432,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Guys who want guns like this have bigger problems than this gun will ever fix.

Here is what gun lovers do not realize...…...they have shot themselves in their own foot. With a new mass shooting happening almost every day, the public is getting sick and tired of our country turning into a battle zone. With the NRA and gun lovers ignoring that this is happening, all it does is turn the public more and more against guns in general.

I looked at that video of the AA-12, who the Hell needs one of those ? I own guns myself, but would never want, or need, something that is designed to one thing...….kill as many people in as short of a period of time as possible.

Gun lovers have ruined it for themselves. If they hadn't rubbed people's faces in it by cranking out more and more absurd weapons, like this one, no one would have complained. But nooooooooooo, you gun nuts had to have any and all weapons you could buy, because it is "in the constitution".

Guess what, gun lovers, you did this all to yourselves.
Well said. This is a weapon that was designed from the beginning as a military weapon and was designed to maximize the number of casualties able to be killed quickly.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:10 AM

14,816 posts, read 8,145,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
There will be many willing and waiting!
Some of us don't kiss Government Butt and think that anything 'deemed' as law by that Government should be obeyed!

You might want to understand exactly what you (and others) are so quick to poo-poo in your support of Government tyranny: https://mrclose.neocities.org/2ND.html

Quote:
Some of us don't kiss Government Butt and think that anything 'deemed' as law by that Government should be obeyed!
That is why they have courts and prisons. For people who can not obey the law of the Government.
And oh yes, the tyranny! The Government doesn't think machine guns should be in the hands of the public!
Next thing you know they will want to take away my grenades and missile launchers!!!

You can support the second amendment, while applying some common sense gun laws.
You have the right to bear arms, but people should have the right to go to the store, church, bars...without being gunned downed like they were in a war zone.
And heaven knows that children should have the right to go to school without fear of dying
from another mass shooter.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:12 AM

52,712 posts, read 34,643,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What the hell would anyone need a thing like that for? It's designed to shoot people, not birds.
what the hell does shooting birds have to do with the 2nd amendment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies