Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 09:10 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,100,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
MOST Americans are not against all immigrants! Do you understand most Americans are descended from immigrants? Surely you know the history of our nation and why we are so unique?

Are you Native American? Hmmm, perhaps you are not an American and are just incorrectly assuming what Americans believe?

LEGAL immigration, if at all, as I said earlier. That said, Yale reported there are 22 MILLION ILLEGALS floating around. How many millions of "Americans" via birthright citizenship are descended from illegals who had NO RIGHT to be here? Then we are probably talking about 50 MILLION people that have NO RIGHT TO BE HERE.

No wonder why the country has shifted so far to the left - you guys rigged the game by allowing these thieves to steal our democracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I did a search yesterday. Leading headline on NYT, NPR & CNN was the Chicago weekend murder count. Guess they are all in on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Not according to some who post here. They claim media ignores the number of shootings in Chicago.

Given Chicago is #9, we don’t hear nearly as much about the top 8.

But but but...black "mass murderers" who wound/kill 4 or more shouldn't be counted as "mass murderers" because gang violence and turf wars are different.

How many people on the Left have been making that argument since I started posting my graphic??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 11:05 AM

12,978 posts, read 9,681,281 times
Quote:
It’s called deflection.
Yeah it is, and it doesn't change a thing.

Old 09-03-2019, 05:25 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,369,632 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Deep State? who are the "deep state" and who are their leaders .?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Comey was one of them.
Thats it? just Comey?

Old 09-03-2019, 05:35 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,699,758 times
Quote:
Not according to some who post here. They claim media ignores the number of shootings in Chicago.

Given Chicago is #9, we don’t hear nearly as much about the top 8.
Right, and being as Chicago and other violent gun cities ARE the result of gun culture (100's of millions of them around means vast grey and black markets), I don't see what the point is.

It's as if they are cheering and saying "Hey, look, if we give kids in poverty and horribly conditions lots of our guns they will shoot them" .....and thinking that proves something.

Well, it does. It proves that many gun owners are crooked......if anyone thinks that all the guns in the hoods are actually stolen I have some swamps in Florida I want to sell. Those guns are waylaid by gun dealers, "good" citizens and profiteers.....just the same way millions of opiate pills just disappear out the back doors.

"laws designed to regulate legal gun sales can significantly affect the underground market. After Maryland passed a Firearm and Safety act in 2013, 41 percent of surveyed parolees in the state reported that it was more difficult to get a handgun"

God Forbid those gang members don't have their 2nd Amendment rights...and that the many gun owners (some call them law abiding, but I don't) that allow their guns to be lost, stolen or sold without checks - would actually be held responsible for passing these deadly weapons on.

Common sense isn't common.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:09 PM

13,473 posts, read 9,987,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
LEGAL immigration, if at all, as I said earlier. That said, Yale reported there are 22 MILLION ILLEGALS floating around. How many millions of "Americans" via birthright citizenship are descended from illegals who had NO RIGHT to be here? Then we are probably talking about 50 MILLION people that have NO RIGHT TO BE HERE.

No wonder why the country has shifted so far to the left - you guys rigged the game by allowing these thieves to steal our democracy.

But but but...black "mass murderers" who wound/kill 4 or more shouldn't be counted as "mass murderers" because gang violence and turf wars are different.

How many people on the Left have been making that argument since I started posting my graphic??
They are different. First, there’s a motive for the shootings (money, status, revenge, intimidation, control) that differentiates that crime from random mass murder. Second, the perpetrator(s) are not suicidal, they plan (however misguidedly) to be the ones to walk away after they’ve wiped someone else out.

Mass shooters who target innocent strangers for the pure purpose of terrorising everyone, regardless of their relationship or lack thereof with such, are the West’s version of suicide bombers. Gang violence is motivated differently, is targeted differently, and has a purpose to the gang above and beyond killing for the sake of it. It’s just not the same thing at all.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:21 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,367,580 times
Quote:
There are more Independents than either Republicans or Democrats.

It appears a majority of the public , regardless of how they vote, support sanctions on semi- automatic weapons.

In 1986, a Republican POTUS supported and signed off on a ban of the manufacture and sale of fully- automatic weapons to civilians. It has been estimated about 600,000 of these firearms continue to be owned, mostly in private collections. When was the last time you heard of a fully- automatic firearm being used in a mass shooting?

Then came bump stocks and similar homemade devices and increasingly more common large capacity magazines, etc. to mimic a fully automatic firearm.
All this talk about restricting/banning/controlling guns is is just wishful thinking. The next step is abolishing the 2nd amendment if they want to really pass any laws banning guns.

And that’s not going to happen!

You guys argue amongst yourselves, going in circles looking like fools, Lol.! There will be no banning or restricting of any guns. Period.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:30 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,100,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
They are different. First, there’s a motive for the shootings (money, status, revenge, intimidation, control) that differentiates that crime from random mass murder. Second, the perpetrator(s) are not suicidal, they plan (however misguidedly) to be the ones to walk away after they’ve wiped someone else out.

Mass shooters who target innocent strangers for the pure purpose of terrorising everyone, regardless of their relationship or lack thereof with such, are the West’s version of suicide bombers. Gang violence is motivated differently, is targeted differently, and has a purpose to the gang above and beyond killing for the sake of it. It’s just not the same thing at all.

Take it up with the government. By their definition, they are "mass shootings". Period.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:49 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,438,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Why is the one worse than the other?

Old 09-03-2019, 07:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,699,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
All this talk about restricting/banning/controlling guns is is just wishful thinking. The next step is abolishing the 2nd amendment if they want to really pass any laws banning guns.

And that’s not going to happen!

You guys argue amongst yourselves, going in circles looking like fools, Lol.! There will be no banning or restricting of any guns. Period.
I agree - largely. And, in the same vein, Texas will see more gun violence than states with more reasonable regs.

As I said before, it's what they want - so they should accept it. It's the cost of their freedoms, having a gun violence rate 3X as high as ours and 10 or more times as high as other advanced countries.

Let the people rule! I am all for it.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:35 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,778,187 times
Default Odessa Texas gunman bought weapon in private gun sale

Texas shooter failed the background check to get gun legally so went to a private seller where he didn't have to pass a background check. Seems to me like this hole needs to be plugged.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...heck/23806445/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies