Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2019, 07:37 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, how do we close everything, while keeping the law abiding clear?

That's what you and your ilk do all the time. Point to one incident and claim we need more guns laws.

Lets say 1000 people are killed by guns yearly....

1000/35000 = 0.0285714285714286 chances of being killed in a mass shooting.

What about the 11 children killed in drive by shootings in St. Louis in 3 months? Again, fix that and your shootings go down....but once again, you don't care about those shootings....they are single killings....

So sad on you and your ilks part.....
Many are law abiding until they are not, we should have stricter laws to weed out those with mental issues and make access to guns more difficult.

So it’s just a small percentage, I am sure that will make those just killed in Midland satisfied, quoting those percentages indicates you have a future as a car salesman. A fraction of a percent were killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, no big deal.

Last edited by Goodnight; 09-02-2019 at 08:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 08:05 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
[quote=Kavalier;56080839]
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
^^ You are wrong about the attitudes of most Americans being against immigration. Most Americans think that immigration makes out country better.

From the link below

I'll play along with you for a second and agree (though I disagree that most Americans want continued immigration - though I'm guessing they mean LEGAL immigration), birthright citizenship was NOT intended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Probably not.

Nonetheless, it has been accepted all along.

Immigrants have been getting busy creating children all along. It gave them a leg up on their own citizenship and that of offspring born elsewhere. Then the chain migration thing followed.
read #8

https://www.heritage.org/immigration...ht-citizenship

Old 09-02-2019, 08:45 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
The left was reporting this was a white supremacy mass shooting and blaming Trump, lol 😂

And that a mandatory confiscation of your guns in your gun safe would have prevented this, Lol,
I didn't hear that from any left leaning news sources. Where did you heard this? You really shouldn't be making things up, you doing that way too often lately.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
East Chicago, Indiana, suburb of Chicago, IL, where 282 people have been murdered by gunshot this year per the Chicago Tribune. (https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...htmlstory.html)
It's funny how Chicago comes up, every time a mass shooting goes down somewhere else in the country. It never fails, and hopefully I can catch the next thread early enough, to start the count down clock on when Chicago will come up.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:55 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
It's funny how Chicago comes up, every time a mass shooting goes down somewhere else in the country. It never fails, and hopefully I can catch the next thread early enough, to start the count down clock on when Chicago will come up.

Chicago comes up because it's a poster child for gun control. It's also the place where people are shot every weekend. Every weekend.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Democrats are politicizing this big time. Doubling down on taking peoples guns away from their gun safes, thinking somehow this will prevent gun violence. Lol idiots.

Can’t let a tragedy go to waste ~Democrats
Where do you get this stuff, please show me where a democrat wants to take anybody's gun out of their safe. My cousin, a democrat and a gun nut have at least 150 guns of all sorts locked away in two large safes in his home. Talking about drama, you got it pretty bad.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The shooting in Alabama committed by a black guy that conservatives are SO DESPERATELY trying to equate to these mass committed by white men is a totally different kind of incident. Apparently there was a huge brawl moments before the shooting at the Alabama football game, and the suspect went to his car, grabbed a gun, and shot at the people he was fighting with moments earlier. So this is an isolated incident, and many of those shot were a part of a big fight beforehand. Also should be noted that nobody was killed.

The three mass shootings committed by white man over the last 4 weeks all saw multiple fatalities. 22 dead in El Paso, 11 dead in Dayton, 4 dead in Odessa.

The three shootings committed by crazy white men were all targeting people who had no prior beef or engagement with the shooters. El Paso victims, who were targeted because they were Mexican according to the shooter's own words, were shopping at Wal Mart on a Saturday morning. Dayton victims were out on a night on the town, having fun on a Saturday night. Odessa victims were driving somewhere when some crazed gunman pulled up along side them and shot them.

Sorry, conservatives. I know the recent mass shootings in Odessa, Las Vegas, Dayton, Thousand Oaks, El Paso, Pittsburgh, Sandy Hook, Aurora, etc all put wind in the sails that "white men with guns" are the #1 danger to American safety these days. Far-right republicans will do everything the possibly can to say "but look at these scary inner-city black and brown people who commit all these shootings." Much of that is gang violence, and the victims know the attacker and probably have some sort of beef with them. These crazy white guys are gunning down random people going about their day.

Of course the right will do all they can to deflect and say "but...but... blacks are killers, too!" And they are posting graphics with pictures of a bunch of brown and black people, they probably got it from 4-chan or Breitbart LOL. Two totally different situations when African-Americans get shot after a gang fight or drug deal gone bad versus random people shopping at Wal Mart being shot by a white guy because they are Mexican. Every single conservative here knows it, to.

Hats off to you far-right posters here, you never stop trying. You get an A for effort. But most rational, fact-based Americans are aware that the "angry white man with a gun" is the #1 threat to our safety as Americans today, period.

And per usual, just to make sure we call them out on their hypocrisy, if yesterday's shooting in Odessa or last month's shootings in Dayton or El Paso were carried out by a Muslim or a Mexican, the reaction from the right would be completely different.
Chicago seems to come up in all these mass shooting threads.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Yes of course.

And there isn't an inner city in America that is safe to walk around in at night. Who populates those inner cities? It's not a bunch of Swedish kids!
People of all colors thank you.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Chicago comes up because it's a poster child for gun control. It's also the place where people are shot every weekend. Every weekend.
But are they mass shootings, in a thread about the most recent mass shooting in this country.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:34 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
The media publishes the Chicago shootings every weekend, it comes up in our headline news. The other cities not so much. I don't know why they highlight Chicago, but they do. It was the first thing I saw when I opened my computer this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies