Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 02:53 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,346,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
I love how all these libs are suddenly soooooooo worried about farmers lol

Bet you guys are the same losers who become soccer experts overnight whenever the World Cup is on.
Love how these so called fake conservatives hate taxes unless it comes from the orange man itself

Old 09-01-2019, 02:55 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,646,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Of course it does. One of the strategies that companies will employ to diminish sticker shock is to spread the cost increases across their product lines whether those items are subject to the Trump tariff or not. The hope is that you won't notice a 3% increase on 5 items where you might notice a 15% increase on a single item. Either way, Trump is picking your pockets for the benefit of ????.
I bet you're in favor of raising corporate taxes on US companies.

It's like some liberals want to punish the US while cheering on the rest of the world.

"We can't tax Chinese goods, we need to tax American goods."

Old 09-01-2019, 02:57 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,499,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
So buy American. Problem solved.

The people who buy cheap Chinese made crap that breaks in a year, and screw the American workers who make better products.

Do tell us where to buy those American-made TV sets and phones!

Old 09-01-2019, 03:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,846,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I bet you're in favor of raising corporate taxes on US companies.

It's like some liberals want to punish the US while cheering on the rest of the world.

"We can't tax Chinese goods, we need to tax American goods."
Orange man tax good, huh?

Old 09-01-2019, 03:51 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,571,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Canada has universal healthcare. It spends 33% less as a percentage of GDP than the USA and gets better results... Canadians live longer.
Got a link that proves that Canadians are living longer than Americans because of the healthcare that they have ?

Old 09-01-2019, 03:59 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,571,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
?? You realize the goal is to have a lower BMI. And did it ever cross your mind that Canadians have a lower BMI because they get free healthcare and they work with their doctors to try and lose weight. Most Americans that are overweight are in lower income brackets or low middle income -- that may not have access to health care.

The USA has a HIGHER BMI --27.82
Canada BMI - 25.7 -- Canada is much closer to 25.

Countries compared by average BMI (combining male and female population), according to data gathered by researchers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. The BMI (Body Mass Index) measures how appropriate is the weight of an individual compared to their height. The calculation is made measuring your weight in kilograms and dividing it twice by your height measured in meters. A high BMI (25 or more) is usually associated with a risk of suffering diverse health problems.

The Internet exists.

It is a thing.

Old 09-01-2019, 04:04 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,602,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
WRONG!!!!

The US has the 5th highest BMI rate wgile Canada is 39.

https://www.nationmaster.com/country...BMI%29#country

Being overweight is the biggest factor (for people with defects) for overall health, life expectancy and cost of healthcare.

Nice try though.
Nice deflection.

My facts are absolutely correct. The USA has far worse results for the massive amounts it spends on healthcare as opposed not only to Canada but the rest of the world.

So much for that efficiency of free enterprise, right?

Old 09-01-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I pay $450 per month for the best plan available and no deductibles. It’s through my employer, which is a state run university. So, I’m good. And I took quite a hit on salary for these benefits, so you can’t just take them away. I would be making nearly double my salary somewhere else with less benefits.if I were, then paying those higher premiums would not bother me because I would be making far more money. It’s all relative, unless I had no skills, work in an entry level job that provides no benefits, which in that case, I would better myself to become more marketable. I am not interested in subsidizing lazy, stupid people’s healthcare because they took the easy route. Don’t want to hear about people living in poverty or not being white. We had a black president born in Kenya become president. So any black kid from anywhere USA could do it to, provided he is funded by terrorists like Bill Ares and friends.
As a Canadian, I pay no premiums, no deductibles, and no co-pays. Our corporate taxes are less than in the USA, and our personal taxes only marginally higher. BTW, your employer, funded by taxpayers, is paying at least as much as you are for your insurance.

And as a Canadian, we live longer.

Old 09-01-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Got a link that proves that Canadians are living longer than Americans because of the healthcare that they have ?
Here you go. Canadians across the board live longer. If you don't think it's because of healthcare, do you think it is fairy dust?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...north-america/

Old 09-01-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Don’t buy the Chinese junk, don’t pay the tax. And don’t say I am paying it anyway. Doesn’t work that way.
Yes, just buy the great stuff that China makes, like the computer you are on, or smartphone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies