Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2019, 12:42 PM

25,457 posts, read 9,844,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Many days I wish all media would just not play his game. Ignore him and his antics.

Report on what he does, not what he says.

We would all be better off with a little more knowledge and a lot less nonsense.
I wish they had ignored him Day 1, but they didn't. Sadly, they have no choice but to report on what he both says and does. It's who he is, and needs to be exposed. Unfortunately, this is the level to which we have sunken.

Old 09-05-2019, 12:44 PM

8,316 posts, read 3,945,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I never said they should ignore it.

I said they could have respectfully asked him if he knew there were updated forecasts that didn't include AL.

Wouldn't that have served the people of AL better?

Are any of us served by them telling us the Pres doesn't know where AL is or that he must have dementia because he gave out some wrong info that didn't impact anything? Please none of that stuff is even believable much less useful in an emergency situation.
What would serve us all better than anything is to defeat this nimwit in 2020 and put him in the rear view mirror forever. For that reason alone we need to know exactly how he operates and exactly what his level of incompetence might be. He doesn't have dementia, he just doesn't care to even bother to look into the facts of a situation before making some ridiculous proclamation. That is a huge problem because it puts our country at great risk - don't forget this guy is commander-in-chief.

Old 09-05-2019, 12:45 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,598,593 times
Quote:
Well gee it would be great if we got all the policies/appointments/statesman like behavior wrapped up in one President all the time.

We don't. I'm a realist. Trump is who he is.

We all vote for the issues that most concern us and have a line beyond which out of bounds behavior will trump our willingness to support any given President. Wrong statements about hurricanes and silly doodling on maps is not causing me to lose sleep.

Scaramucci has supported both parties all over the place. I would say he is an opportunist.
^^^^^

What I forgot to include in my previous reply to this post:

Your post sounds, to me, as though you think I'm trying to talk you out of supporting him. I'm not. I'm just pointing out what is possible. I also find it sad that, in addition to the policies and appointments that you like, that you don't want to demand more statesmanlike behavior from him (assuming the dementia label is erroneous).

Old 09-05-2019, 12:47 PM

25,457 posts, read 9,844,106 times
Quote:
Yesterday someone I know who voted for Hillary was talking about this. She said, "I'm not a fan(of Trump), but he never gets a fair break from the press."

I know several people who voted for Hillary that now support Trump. Their main reason was the Russia nonsense.

Recognizing that the media is lying to you is not paranoid. On the other hand, not being able to recognize it is somewhat ignorant.
Again I ask, how is reporting what he says and does lying? Trump makes his own messes and the media reports it. He's incompetent at best. The man just cannot let it go.

Old 09-05-2019, 12:50 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,128,536 times
Quote:
Yesterday someone I know who voted for Hillary was talking about this. She said, "I'm not a fan(of Trump), but he never gets a fair break from the press."

I know several people who voted for Hillary that now support Trump. Their main reason was the Russia nonsense.

Recognizing that the media is lying to you is not paranoid. On the other hand, not being able to recognize it is somewhat ignorant.
The media just needs to point their cameras and mics towards the president and ridiculousness practically much writes itself..

15 years ago, this would be an article on The Onion..

Old 09-05-2019, 12:50 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,237,820 times
Quote:
He didn't call the NWS phony. They work for him and corrected him as they should have.

They did it rather diplomatically as I recall saying the CURRENT impacts didn't included AL.

He called the media phony. And, I don't blame him, because rather than treat the office of the Pres respectfully whether they like him or not, they couldn't just ask him if he knew that wasn't the lastest forecast.

They started immediately with the doesn't know where AL is, dementia, short term memory, etc.

Do you think the media is doing any service to the country when in the middle of 4 states in a national emergency their priority is to undermine the President?
You recall incorrectly. Their exact words were "Alabama will NOT see any impacts from #Dorian. We repeat, no impacts from Hurricane #Dorian will be felt across Alabama. The system will remain too far east. #alwx."

The forecast he was referring to was 3 days old. For someone that supposedly was getting hourly updates to be discussing 3 day old forecasts is idiotic when it comes to hurricanes.

Old 09-05-2019, 12:55 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,678,955 times
Trump supporters: That’s Hillary and Obama’s fault.

Everyone else: Somebody take Trump’s crayons away please.

Old 09-05-2019, 01:01 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,080,752 times
Quote:
I was talking about how the media treats the President and by extension the nation.
The president is the nation? Nope, not how it works. The last person who could get away with saying "L'etat, c'est moi" was Louis XIV.

Just imagine a leader with the confidence to say "I misspoke". Wouldn't that be nice?

Old 09-05-2019, 01:02 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,458,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
POTUS is the one that is lying about his Alabama faux paus - with a lame attempt to CYA by creating Sharpiegate. Flat out lie. The press simply reported it.
Says the poster claiming Trump believes AL is on the east coast.

Old 09-05-2019, 01:06 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,542,199 times
Quote:
Do you think that claims the President doesn't know where AL is have any credibility?
Easiest question of the day.

h-e-(double hockey sticks) yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies