Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2019, 07:49 PM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Just my opinion, but there is a lot of distance between the left & right on which side has gone, basically, nuts...and that would be the political left. But your point is valid: and I've been saying it from the start: this is a nothing story.
Then there are people like me. Voted for Romney in 2012 and would have loved Kasich or Bush or even Rubio in 2016, but I do not think Trump is a good President at all. Am I considered a leftist nut?

Old 09-06-2019, 07:50 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
This is it. This is the last straw. Suburban women have stood with him all this time but can't take it anymore.
lol

Old 09-06-2019, 07:52 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
You can't reason with TDS...besides:99.9% of the American public could care less about this issue.
It's couldn't care less. To "could care less" indicates that yes, you COULD indeed care less.

Donny is the one that seems to care the most, he's the one that won't let it go.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I believe Trump forced the Coast Guard Rear Admiral to issue a statement and as far as the UNSIGNED letter from the NOAA, that is very suspect. Yes Trump is a liar and I firmly believe he would force others to lie for him to justify his immense ego.
Me...…..I'm thinking very few people including Trump would be able to force a career military officer who made it to that rank to do something they didn't want to do.

But, believe whatever helps you sleep at night.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:53 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I believe Trump forced the Coast Guard Rear Admiral to issue a statement and as far as the UNSIGNED letter from the NOAA, that is very suspect. Yes Trump is a liar and I firmly believe he would force others to lie for him to justify his immense ego.
Like his doctors note about his amazing health. Or his fictional character, John Barron.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Then there are people like me. Voted for Romney in 2012 and would have loved Kasich or Bush or even Rubio in 2016, but I do not think Trump is a good President at all. Am I considered a leftist nut?
No. I would have liked to see Romney as pres. Country didn't want a decent man in the presidency despite what they all claim.

Such is life.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:55 PM

6,569 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Nope, not by me. Trump is like drinking a glass of vinegar, for many, difficult to swallow. I get that. But I care more about the courts & immigration & several other things that the democratic party has gone so far left on that I no longer trust them, or even view them as rational.

So, here we are with Trump.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:55 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Here is the statement by the coast guard admiral, I don't see any threat to Alabama on that days map and he still didn't explain the sharpie. Why is he going back to August 27, that is not the issue its his briefing Sept 1.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...abama-forecast
This is the Admiral's statement:

"I showed the President the official National Hurricane Center forecast, which included the 'cone' that projects the potential path of the eye of the storm. The president and I also reviewed other products, including multiple meteorological models (often called the 'spaghetti models') and graphics that displayed the time of onset and geographical range of tropical storm force winds, storm surge, and rainfall. These products showed possible storm impacts well outside the official forecast cone."

This ^^^ is correct. There were projections that a corner of Alabama had a very small percent chance of experiencing winds above 39 mph. The problem comes when Trump took that geographically-defined portion of Alabama from the tropical storm wind force map and drew it onto the "'cone" that projects the potential path of the eye of the storm. Note that the Admiral is very careful not to explain which "products" showed what.

If Trump wanted to talk about Alabama (and a substantial portion of the rest of the United States) then why not just show the wind force map? Why use a sharpie to alter the projected path of the hurricane? I don't quite get why anyone would think that acceptable.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:56 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Orange man bad.
Yes, very bad Orange Man...cause he is right again

Old 09-06-2019, 08:00 PM

2,068 posts, read 998,095 times
Why are people still talking about this?

This statement is no more absurd than Obama's "I've visited all 57 states" quote. Sure, we can recall it but I doubt it accumulated seven days of comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies