Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2019, 03:35 PM

15,650 posts, read 10,405,925 times

Advertisements

trump embellishing dorian's path was worth 76 pages of discussion? clearly trump's sharpie mark is a national emergency, lol!

Old 09-06-2019, 03:37 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,423,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
trump embellishing dorian's path was worth 76 pages of discussion? lol! clearly it is a national emergency, lol.
The POTUS has made this the number one issue on his mind and in his communications for 6 days.

That's why we are still discussing it.

It would be over by now if the POTUS didn't have such an infantile ego.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:37 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,450,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What - more Trump lies
Where - twitter and the oval office
Who - Trump
When - Sept 1 - today
Why - because he is certifiable.
Cute, but youre still fired as a journalist and I cant help but noticing that you never responded that the maps you posted from the NHC did indeed show tropical storm force winds in AL.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:39 PM

15,650 posts, read 10,405,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The POTUS has made this the number one issue on his mind and in his communications for 6 days.

That's why we are still discussing it.

It would be over by now if the POTUS didn't have such an infantile ego.
trump is a buffoon sometimes. he embellishes often. He doesn't admit mistakes. is trump being trump news to you?

Old 09-06-2019, 03:40 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,639,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
trump embellishing dorian's path was worth 76 pages of discussion? clearly trump's sharpie mark is a national emergency, lol!
I'm sure there will be tens of thousands more pages of discussion regarding trump's idiocy. If that upsets you, blame trump.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:40 PM

12,972 posts, read 9,672,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
How come Trump does not shutup and move on?
I mean he is drawing attention to his flub which many would have never heard about had he let it go and moved on.
I believe he wants this back and forth fight with the media, I actually believe he is loving it. He is turning this into a fight with the fake news media, and his base is buying every minute of it. You can see the reactions of his supporters in this thread, they are buying every word of it. So, this will be a talking point at his next rally, and this is all the fake media fault. He wants to keep this going, so they won't be talking about more important things. We had a hurricane and tornados on the east coast, and a humanitarian crisis in The Bahamas, and he is still trying to prove he was right.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Please..……...he NEVER falsely claimed Dorian was going to HIT AL.

As I recall, he said they might get a piece of it and maybe he said something about winds. Don't care enough to go look it up.

The CNN piece starts out with a lie. Maybe I'll read it later. But something that starts out with a lie is usually BS.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:44 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,349,741 times
Trump rambles constantly with it difficult at times to understand him. I haven't been following this except to see photos of Trump flashing this map with a hand drawn line. So I clicked!

From reading the last few posts, it appears Trump saw a map that had a line covering a corner of Alabama (the tropical wind map). Then he confused that with mapped projections about where the cone containing the hurricane center might track. Those are two different concepts, influenced by variables like hurricane size. And Dorian was small. Powerful, a cat 5 hurricane that stalled in place for 2 days, but small.

The latter cone map is what he then altered by hand, completely incorrectly. From what I can tell all hurricane projections stopped short of Alabama. This even when it was first thought Dorian might cross Florida. It was simply too far out in time to forecast that far in advance.

Trump was either muddled or rambling as usual. Some reporter called him on it, as reporters do multiple times a day on multiple issues. But then Trump took it upon himself to draw that silly map?

Old 09-06-2019, 03:46 PM

12,972 posts, read 9,672,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
It's entertaining, but the long-lasting results are sad and tragic. Any trust partner countries had in the US is gone, and unlikely to come back. They are moving on to other alliances. Turkey is playing footsies with Putin, the TPP will leave the USA out of it, and alone, and China is working hard on its Belt and Road project.
I agree, it's going to take a lot of work and a lot of years to rebuild the trust. And the long lasting results will indeed be tragic, tragic to this country, tragic to our allies, and most of all to the republican party, they are unrecognizable these days.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Trump rambles constantly with it difficult at times to understand him. I haven't been following this except to see photos of Trump flashing this map with a hand drawn line. So I clicked!

From reading the last few posts, it appears Trump saw a map that had a line covering a corner of Alabama (the tropical wind map). Then he confused that with mapped projections about where the cone containing the hurricane center might track. Those are two different concepts, influenced by variables like hurricane size. And Dorian was small. Powerful, a cat 5 hurricane that stalled in place for 2 days, but small.

The latter cone map is what he then altered by hand, completely incorrectly. From what I can tell all hurricane projections stopped short of Alabama. This even when it was first thought Dorian might cross Florida. It was simply too far out in time to forecast that far in advance.

Trump was either muddled or rambling as usual. Some reporter called him on it, as reporters do multiple times a day on multiple issues. But then Trump took it upon himself to draw that silly map?
Perhaps you don't understand that hurricane impacts also include tropical storm winds which can extend far from the hurricane and cause impact.

Also, small doesn't always stay small. The storm actually got larger at various points.

Category and size can be different and don't always equal impact. A lower category storm that gets larger can cause a lot of damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies