Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2019, 03:49 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,349,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Please..……...he NEVER falsely claimed Dorian was going to HIT AL.

As I recall, he said they might get a piece of it and maybe he said something about winds. Don't care enough to go look it up.

The CNN piece starts out with a lie. Maybe I'll read it later. But something that starts out with a lie is usually BS.
Yes .. but he drew it onto a map, a map of the hurricane cone. The cone maps clearly states it is a projection of the hurricane center. Or where it "hits." Within a certain degree of probability ... it may be in the middle of the cone line, or to the left or to the right. Basic statistics. Basic modeling.

Does Trump not grasp this? Or did he not read the fine print on what he was coloring on?

No one cares much about what Trump says, given the rambling. It is the drawing that's a tad bizarre.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:49 PM

12,972 posts, read 9,672,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
No one asked how come the president claimed the noise from wind turbines cause cancer - when everybody knows it's nonsense - either. Because it's not remotely interesting.

If the dotard could man up and say "I appear to have been misinformed", we'd be looking at a moment of integrity. Instead we're stuck with this 4-day tantrum.
That's a foreign word to Trump, and much of this administration.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:52 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,349,741 times
Quote:
Perhaps you don't understand that hurricane impacts also include tropical storm winds which can extend far from the hurricane and cause impact.

Also, small doesn't always stay small. The storm actually got larger at various points.

Category and size can be different and don't always equal impact. A lower category storm that gets larger can cause a lot of damage.
Yes, of course, but that's not the cone map. Trump colored the cone map. And that's precisely why there was a separate tropical winds map. 2 different concepts, which, of course are influenced by storm size. That's exactly what I just said.

Alabama could have been a bit windy. Long Island could have gotten some winds. We have clouds here today as Dorian works it way up the coast, and are also covered by the "Alabama" tropical winds map.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:52 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,540,212 times
Quote:

As I recall, he said they might get a piece of it and maybe he said something about winds. Don't care enough to go look it up.

The CNN piece starts out with a lie. Maybe I'll read it later. But something that starts out with a lie is usually BS.

Just to save you some time.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:54 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,593,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post

Just to save you some time.
Facts are like kryptonite to Trump sycophants. They won’t go near them and they collapse when exposed to them.

Old 09-06-2019, 04:03 PM

12,972 posts, read 9,672,214 times
Quote:
Already explained why imo.

He's at war with the Press and they attacked him reporting what happened with slants and ridicule to make him look bad rather than just having misspoken or been misinformed.

When attacked he attacks back.
I see you are continuing with the drama. Trump is at war with himself, the press is not at war with him. That's want he wants his die hards to believe and it's working, especially with you. Trump is a very morally bankrupt person, his job was to discredit the media, make them the bad guys in everything. And if he can do that, he will pretty much get a free pass from his base on everything, they will just blame the media.

Old 09-06-2019, 04:06 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,838,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Facts are like kryptonite to Trump sycophants. They won’t go near them and they collapse when exposed to them.
Nah just gotta wait for the thread page to roll and then go back to posting the same crap.

Old 09-06-2019, 04:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,225,485 times
Quote:

Quote:
In addition to Florida - South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated. Looking like one of the largest hurricanes ever. Already category 5. BE CAREFUL! GOD BLESS EVERYONE!
Donald Trump Sept 1 Twitter

Old 09-06-2019, 04:14 PM

4,514 posts, read 1,868,712 times
Nearly 80 pages of TDS, impressive.

Old 09-06-2019, 04:16 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,639,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Nearly 80 pages of TDS, impressive.
I know. The trumplings are infested with it. Hope they can recover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies