Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 05:56 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
We learned from the New York Times that airplanes took down the World Trade Center. Some people did something.

Muslims attacked us. That is the truth.
It's worth noting that the "us" who were killed included Muslims. Also Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, and who knows what. Although we don't have exact numbers, it's a reasonable assumption based on the national origins of the victims.

https://brilliantmaps.com/9-11-victims/

Terrorists don't care who they kill. They care about the number of victims and the extent of the damage.

https://www.911memorial.org/names-memorial-0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 10:05 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
It's worth noting that the "us" who were killed included Muslims. Also Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, and who knows what. Although we don't have exact numbers, it's a reasonable assumption based on the national origins of the victims.

Terrorists don't care who they kill. They care about the number of victims and the extent of the damage.

I have Muslim coworkers who ran out of the building alongside the rest of us.

One of them, when coming down from the 80s with a dozen people from his office, held the fire hose to keep flames at bay so his coworkers could pass into the stairwell before he put it down and went into the stairs himself. The whole group made it out, barely. He is a Pakistani Muslim. In the days following, the FBI knocked on his door and questioned him because he was a Muslim engineer who worked in the World Trade Center.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:12 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
I keep seeing people post, but there were muslims who died on 9/11. Yes there were. Muslims slaughter each other everyday in the Middle East. Bombing funerals seems to be one of the favorite past times over there.

Muslim extremists in the name of their religion slaughter thousands.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:25 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

Muslims have been following the directions of the pedo prophet and slaughtering others, including other Muslims, for over a millenia. Nothing has really changed. Just that civilized areas are being impacted now.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:29 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I keep seeing people post, but there were muslims who died on 9/11. Yes there were. Muslims slaughter each other everyday in the Middle East. Bombing funerals seems to be one of the favorite past times over there.

Ya, extremists tend to do that. Remember El Paso?

Old 09-13-2019, 10:34 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:

Americans kill Americans ... we're having 2nd Amendment debates because of the mass shootings, happening in Churches, Schools, and Concerts, not to mention gang related and others ... Now I know you want to take up the issue with religion and in the ME the fight is for freedom of religion and secular law and the other side, Quran (sharia) law, so yes ...

When America was founded, the British wanted a change in their religion as well, freedom of and secular laws. Do you want to talk about those wars? Brutal horrible killings ...

The only difference between the West and the ME ... the ME has been at it for 3000 years, the West didn't take that long to establish its laws ... but still one can not deny even with the laws, given to mass shooting and killing, the West still has a long way to go, before there is peace on our streets, as well.

btw: What we didn't learn over the past 18 years, is how to get along with one another. We came together for a common purpose for the one day only event. After that we went back to same ol same ol. So in essence, we have forgotten or perhaps we didn't learn anything that day.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:38 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:

Yes, religious extremists do that.

But insisting that all muslims are extremists drastically muddies the picture, and contributes to the seemingly never-ending middle eastern wars.

I think ALL religions harbor pockets of extremism - yes, even buddhism has its terrorists (http://world.time.com/2013/06/20/ext...with-violence/). They mostly stay under the radar until they see their opportunity in social upheaval. I also think that the only way the middle east wars can end is if the world manages to break its oil addiction - and/or if Israel and Iran (or India and Pakistan) start nuking each other.

If there's hope, it lies precisely with the people that you don't want to admit exist - muslims who may not like us, but would still prefer to not live in a war zone and are willing to talk to us to make that happen. If only we could stop favoring the Saudis...

Last edited by jacqueg; 09-13-2019 at 10:57 PM..

Old 09-14-2019, 01:22 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Give me an effin break! Poor guy got nervous and gave wrong day in interview.

You conspiracy nuts are totally nutz
“Poor guy”?
“Nervous”?

I think you sound more nervous to me.

That guy looks quite composed. His eye movement are quite stable. He is not panting.
He doesn’t have a jaw dropped on the floor.
He looks very calm.

Why are you getting nervous?

Is it because some people opine that FEMA actually denied any scheduled drills on Sept 12 in the initial statement but then they changed the story?

Old 09-14-2019, 01:25 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
That's no accident.

Google pretty much stated that there are going to censor or remove videos related to "conspiracy theories" about various historical events (such as 9/11, Sandy Hook, etc.).
So, whatever the government tells us is true, must be true and HAS TO BE true?

Old 09-14-2019, 10:12 AM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Ya, extremists tend to do that. Remember El Paso?

No, that was a nut not a muslim extremist

Why the hell do you minimize a tragedy that killed thousands by bring up a sick individual?

I just dont get it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies