Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 11:58 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times

Advertisements

Anti-Vax movement, Climate change denial, flat earther

One of these ain't like the others... climate science is the first and only physical science to ever go "post-normal".

HEAVY skepticism is warranted.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:59 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Why are people denying years of research and looking to random conspiracies on blogs and youtube videos for information?

Theres also a trend where people are told to drink bleach to treat illness. Like wth?
Simply they have been fooled, such as by the government, for believing in things that turned out to be totally false. They likely fell for a lot of fake stuff while young in their teens and 20s and still bitter from it. But drinking bleach is ridiculously extreme and few people are going to fall for that.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:00 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,259 times
Quote:
Ill allow you to believe for yourself. But I don’t condone spreading misinformation. The problem is that people who spread it pret on the ignorance of others. Like people being told to drink bleach to cure their cancer.

...so, by your logic...if A is too lazy to do some research, ya know, look into it for themselves...it's B responsibility that they didn't?...

....and who will decide what B will be able to put out there when A is too stupid to know the difference...

...again, who decides what qualifies as 'misinformation"...

Old 09-13-2019, 12:10 PM

814 posts, read 670,336 times
Middle aged and older Americans are becoming lazy and don't want to look past CNN & Fox news for their news source. Short dialogue sound bites and click bait conveniently preys on short attention spans and produces uninformed weak minds. It's a funnel created by the top 1% to create a distraction.

The newer generation of kids and young adults have a much more round interpretation of what is really going on in society. That is why suicide is on the rise and there are more mental issues than ever. They know the American dream is different from their parents' but want their dream NOW without having to do the work.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:36 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
There is plenty of misinformation going around about how MJ is some miracle drug that cures everything from cancer and seizures to being some sort of magic pain killer. None of that is true but it's everywhere.
One thing it does cause is psychosis and the munchies but the stoners would get upset, if you could get the bag of chips out of their faces.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:42 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
To be fair, it's liberals that deny the climate continually changes.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:47 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
One thing it does cause is psychosis and the munchies but the stoners would get upset, if you could get the bag of chips out of their faces.
I think munchies might be more of an "early days" thing - I've been chafing up on fine weed for nearly 40 years, and eating just isn't a part of being stoned for me, or friends.

I do remember that food had more of role when I first started, but I think that was because it tasted so good, rather than insatiable hunger.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:58 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
I noticed not a single poster addressed my concern over State-initiated force (or expanding on that, personal force) in the face of freedom of association (which leads to information, regardless of your opinion on it, dissemination).

No one is up to the challenge?

I exclude Joe because he has already admitted that he would steal from and kill anyone no matter the circumstances if he felt it benefited him. I despise his values and morals but appreciate the candor.

Where does everyone else stand?

Old 09-13-2019, 12:59 PM

5,983 posts, read 2,236,544 times
Quote:
Why are people denying years of research and looking to random conspiracies on blogs and youtube videos for information?

Theres also a trend where people are told to drink bleach to treat illness. Like wth?
Have you missed the last two years of politics? It's nut job city out here and I don't see an end to this ride from heII.
Perhaps American life is so boring that people have to make up stuff just to continue the will to live.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:00 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
To be fair, it's liberals that deny the climate continually changes.
"Climate change" can have such a wide range of meanings from the changing of the seasons to the traditional global warming-type image we often see in the media. I do believe in climate change (the global warming-type) but I don't know how much is done by humans and how much is done by Mother Nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies