Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 08:14 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,864,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Canadian. That’s explains it.

Jealousy I presume
Yes, I'm very jealous.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:14 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,634,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I just hope these mass shooters don't learn how to use pump action shotguns anytime soon.
Didn't the Colorado movie theater shooter use them?

Old 09-13-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Someone could carry a bag with 15 revolvers in it and have 100+ quick rounds to shoot with no reloading.

Your posts are pure fail
I don't think anyone should have to walk around with a gun of any kind out of fear for their safety. When it gets to that point...well, that's when I move.

However, I didn't come here to debate American gun laws. I came here to make a point about the definition of an assault rifle. I still don't understand why those who are so proud of their rights to own them are so skittish of the term. If it's just the auto/semi thing, then I guess there is no difference at all and no one should even buy one. Just buy a .22 hunting rifle. They're the same, right?

Old 09-13-2019, 08:22 PM

8,502 posts, read 6,918,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Not even close.

To start you off, an assault rifle is a small or medium long gun capable of firing full auto (i.e. many shots for one trigger pull, basically a machine gun). It also has other features like a detachable magazine, plus more.

The military has lots of them. Civilians have almost none, and have to jump through incredible government hoops and pay high taxes to buy one.

BTW, many assault rifles have a switch that lets them also fire semi-auto (one shot per trigger pull), often called a "Select-fire" switch.

If a gun can't fire like a machine gun, it's not an assault rifle.

Your deflecting and referring to military weapons that have full auto capability. As you have stated a true full auto weapon or machine gun is virtually impossible for the majority of gun owners to own. I'm referring to the generic assault rifle look a likes that fire semi auto and have large capacity magazines, anywhere from 20 rounds up 100 round drum magazines. It would be quite easy for legislators to draft laws outlining the kind of weapons I have described.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:26 PM

8,502 posts, read 6,918,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
That would include my 22 rabbit hunting rifle?

You need 10 a round magazine in your 22 to go rabbit hunting? And a 22 round can be just as deadly as a large round provided it hits center mass or a head shot.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:30 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,398,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
I don't think anyone should have to walk around with a gun of any kind out of fear for their safety. When it gets to that point...well, that's when I move.
Not everyone has such a luxury.

They are POWs inside the government's ghettos. I escaped but had to produce a firearm numerous times during my time in the camp. My natural rights saved my life and the lives of loved ones.

The "authorities" don't always come to your aid or in a timely manner inside the camps. Even when they do show you don't know if they're friend or foe.*

*Always a foe in the macro sense but the last thing you want to worry about when you're 12-years-old holding a 12-gauge shotgun to a man's head who was a committing a B&E on your property is if he's on the government's payroll.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:30 PM

29,568 posts, read 14,714,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
You need 10 a round magazine in your 22 to go rabbit hunting? And a 22 round can be just as deadly as a large round provided it hits center mass or a head shot.
So it's about magazine size then ? If so why not go for that ? Instead of going after a rifle because of its name.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
The Soviets used to classify property and distribute/confiscate it based on these edicts straight from central planning.

Just saying, Trotsky.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Not everyone has such a luxury.

They are POWs inside the government's ghettos. I escaped but had to produce a firearm numerous times during my time in the camp. My natural rights saved my life and the lives of loved ones.

The "authorities" don't always come to your aid or in a timely manner inside the camps. Even when they do show you don't know if they're friend or foe.*

*Always a foe in the macro sense but the last thing you want to worry about when you're 12-years-old holding a 12-gauge shotgun to a man's head who was a committing a B&E on your property is if he's on the government's payroll.
I don't disagree.

However, I don't think it's people from the the Bronx or East Oakland on forums like this defending their rights to own "modern sporting rifles". It's folks who live far from these places but are terrified of the people who live in them. People with mobility and the luxury to buy expensive "sporting weapons."

California passed serious gun control under Reagan when the Black Panthers started exercising their "right" to bear arms. So-called Saturday Night Specials were banned in many places because they were inexpensive guns mostly purchased by poor urban dwellers. I think the best chance for "gun control" in America is for every racial minority to go and buy a gun as soon as possible and exercise their rights as openly and proudly as white Americans.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
I don't disagree.

However, I don't think it's teens from the the Bronx or East Oakland on forums like this defending their rights to bear arms. It's folks who live far from these places but are terrified of the people who live in them. California passed serious gun control under Reagan when the Black Panthers started exercising their "right" to bear arms. I think the best chance for "gun control" in America is for every racial minority to go and buy one as soon as possible.
There are innocents in those ghettos. I was one of them. And they have a right to defend their life and property against all aggressors regardless if they have a government costume on or not. Liberals like to think they know how to take care of their pets in the ghettos - the poor minorities. Newsflash: They don't and have no right to do so anyway. No man has a higher claim on your life than you do. If that paradigm held water slavery would be the default setting of a human being.

I've yet to kill, rape, or commit armed robbery. A check of master's record in those departments doesn't bode well for him. If we are doling out rights based on criminal record (and we don't...natural law trumps the parchment scribblings of men) mine is as clean as a virgin's honeypot. Sammy's? Not so much. Yet he has carte blanche when it comes to weaponry. I do not.

And nobody in the burbs or out in the country is afraid of minority ghetto teens. I was one so speak from experience. If I made it to the border of the wealthy burbs the cops would have pulled me over before I got 6-feet in. I wouldn't like my chances after the initial conclave with the omnipotent flatfoot either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies