Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 06:41 PM

20,125 posts, read 16,147,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
So now the woman is the aggressor
Classic case of blaming the victim...

Kavanaugh ALLOWED that to happen
They didn’t have to hold him down or force him at gun point
Get real...
He was tucking it up
He was a huge frat boy in prep school and college—
The only reason he reined his behavior in is that he knew doing it as an adult would stop his ambitions cold...
Reread what I wrote. I never said the woman was the aggressor. The friends were the aggressors. Are you saying anyone who wasn’t held down or had a gun pointed at them has not been sexually assaulted?!?!?!?

You are the one blaming the victim.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:43 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
This is not a criminal trial. It is basically a more good or more bad.

I personally suspect Kavanaugh did as suggested. I do not think that was necessarily fatal however. Stupid drunken hi jinks. Lying about it however could be fatal...lying to the Senate under oath is criminal.

So if we elect a Democrat Senate we may well find out if it was more likely true than false.
Kavanaugh was (is?) a drunk and did a lot of stupid stuff. His behavior then speaks to the kind of person he was, and very well may still be—a total jerk.

He is not fit to be on the Supreme Court of the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 06:43 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,338,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I don’t know, but according to the story, whoever it was did not willingly put their penis on the female. According to the story the witness gave, the male in question had their penis pushed into the female’s hands by friends, in other words the friends created a situation where they forced the female to touch the male’s genitalia without his consent. Touching a person’s genitalia without their consent is assault. Whoever the male was in that situation, whether it is Kavanaugh or someone else, is a victim of sexual assault. Why are we blaming the victim?
Had one of those things hanging between my legs for eight decades. Not once has it popped out where friends with a strange sense of humor could get their hands on it. And I cannot think of an instance where someone else's popped out without the owners permission.

Again it might have well been young man stupidity and forgivable...but lying about it to the Senate is a different problem.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Had one of those things hanging between my legs for eight decades. Not once has it popped out where friends with a strange sense of humor could get their hands on it. And I cannot think of an instance where someone else's popped out without the owners permission.

Again it might have well been young man stupidity and forgivable...but lying about it to the Senate is a different problem.
Hey, I’m not the one who came up with this story, but neither is Kavanaugh or the alleged victim. I totally agree that has got to be one of the more bogus, improbable stories I’ve heard in a while - nothing about it rings true. Which is probably the reason nothing further was done with the story by investigators. When you take into account that the “victim” says they remember nothing like that happening and the person reporting it had previous legal clashes with Kavanaugh, I’m sorry, it is ridiculous this has been given even an iota of credence and the NYT should be ashamed for doing so.

Old 09-15-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Hey, I’m not the one who came up with this story, but neither is Kavanaugh or the alleged victim. I totally agree that has got to be one of the more bogus, improbable stories I’ve heard in a while - nothing about it rings true. Which is probably the reason nothing further was done with the story by investigators. When you take into account that the “victim” says they remember nothing like that happening and the person reporting it had previous legal clashes with Kavanaugh, I’m sorry, it is ridiculous this has been given even an iota of credence and the NYT should be ashamed for doing so.
That is one I have not heard of...Kavanaugh have a legal dispute with Stiers. Got a link?

But the Times claims two other witnesses to the affair. There some reason to believe they were also hostile to Kavanaugh?

The bottom line I think is there is simply too much evidence that Kavanaugh lied. And if he ever has to deal with a Democrat Senate he will likely be impeached.

And the fault lies with the present administration who should have put all the potential issues to bed and did not. So now taking out Kavanaugh is a perfectly reasonable step for a Democrat administration. I would suggest almost required.

Old 09-15-2019, 07:39 PM

57,226 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Reread what I wrote. I never said the woman was the aggressor. The friends were the aggressors. Are you saying anyone who wasn’t held down or had a gun pointed at them has not been sexually assaulted?!?!?!?

You are the one blaming the victim.
His friends pulled down his pants?

Old 09-15-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
His friends pulled down his pants?
Seems nuts to me, but apparently naked parties are and have been a thing at Yale .....
Quote:
Although naked parties themselves are not unique to Yale — Brown and the University of California, Berkeley have their own naked party traditions — they are more institutionalized here. Naked parties have been occurring at Yale since the revival of the Pundits, a senior society, in the 1980s. Today, the group organizes the events via an informal panlist that includes anyone who asks to be on it.
Yale Strips Down | The Yale Daily News

The article is from before the ‘16 election, so this was not something dreamed up to explain potential naked penis stories.

Who knew? God, I’ve lived a boring life - thankfully.

Old 09-15-2019, 07:59 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,806,193 times
Quote:
So what? There are purported two other witnesses present that say it did happen. And maybe they have the wrong lady. But do they have the right dude is the real question. And actually the original reporter has been ducking the issue.

And an in depth FBI investigation might well have been able to determine what did happen. But that did not occur. The obvious inference is Kavanaugh was being protected.
Yea, the FBI should use its resources better than to pursue baseless allegations from decades ago.

Old 09-15-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yea, the FBI should use its resources better than to pursue baseless allegations from decades ago.
When investigation the truthfulness of a Supreme Court Justice they should move heaven and earth to get it right. There are places where we do not need those who prevaricate.

Old 09-15-2019, 08:31 PM

57,226 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Seems nuts to me, but apparently naked parties are and have been a thing at Yale .....

Yale Strips Down | The Yale Daily News

The article is from before the ‘16 election, so this was not something dreamed up to explain potential naked penis stories.

Who knew? God, I’ve lived a boring life - thankfully.
Never heard of anything like this in college, weird if this happened twice to Kavanaugh. Kind of tough to take those actions short of falling down drunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies